Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 144995 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: WOTC SW Miniatures (RPG/CMG/Clix)
« Reply #180 on: September 20, 2004, 07:25 PM »
meh, by the time he gets around to doing that, Brent, you'll have decided to jump in and have your set finished already  :P

>:(

Hey!  If you're referring to my Comic Con loot just now making it to Brent, well - that's not entirely my fault!  I mailed it a MONTH ago, and it sat in Canadian customs for about 3 weeks.   ::)

No minis fo' you!   >:(

P.S.  I still need a Jedi Luke, if you're looking to unload yours D...   :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2004, 08:20 PM »
Sweetness!  Patty just called and said I got four (small) packages today!  Looks like that should officially put me at 59/60 on these bad boys.  Now someone give me a Jedi Luke, dammit!   >:(

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2004, 09:23 PM »
Ordered a case today, but they wont be in stock till October :(
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2004, 09:28 PM »
Slow poke!

That's not like you Adam.  You're usually first on the scene when something new comes out that interests you...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2004, 04:28 AM »

In a real unfortunate twist of fate, a guy I was trading with decided to surprise me and "upgrade" an extra Probe Droid I was getting from him, to a Dewback (which I had originally inquired about with him, but to no avail).  So I had settled on getting his Probe Droid, which worked out great, since I managed to already line it up to give to someone for the second to last figure I needed - Speederbike with Biker Scout.

So I get my package from him today, and what's in there?  The Dewback, instead of the Probe Droid that we'd agreed on.  I know he was trying to surprise me with what he thought was a better figure, but basically I just got screwed.  I'd already promised the extra Probe Droid to another guy for the Speederbike I need, and since there's no way in hell I'm reniging on a trade, I'm gonna have to give this other guy my only Probe Droid now (that I got from Jeff).   :'(

So instead of just being one figure short (Luke Jedi), I'm now two damned figures short, sitting on an extra freakin' Dewback.   :-\

So if anyone wants to swap my Dewback for their Probe Droid, please LMK!  After that, I should have another Sith Lord Vader ready to go, to secure my final Luke Jedi figure.  Hopefully.  Maybe I shouldn't line up a trade for that extra until I actually confirm it's receipt though, eh...?

Damn, and I was THIS close...   ::)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2004, 06:43 AM »
Man Matt, collecting these is going to give you a heartattack ;)

Im surprised I waited this long too actually. Oh well, it will build the suspense :) I have one Luke Jedi right now, but no extras to get rid of ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2004, 03:37 PM »
That's what I like about you Matt, following through at your own pain.  Bravo. 

BTW, for what it's worth, shipments to Canada are taking super long according to rumblings on the spawn.com board too. 

You won't see me collecting these though.  Not a whiff of them up here, so everything would have to be done by online purchase or trade.   Too pricey for me right now. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2004, 03:53 PM »
Still nothing you can do about it if I send you several out of the blue though Brent...  You'd have no choice.   ;)

To make matters worse in my jacked up extra Probe Droid transaction, the guy apparently wasn't even meaning to "upgrade" my extra Probe Droid to a Dewback.  He just flat out goofed, and stuck the wrong figure in there.  He feels real bad about the mix-up though...

Oh well, just one more extra trade I'll have to do now.   :-\

Heart attack?  Nah.  Maybe an ulcer though...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 03:54 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2004, 03:59 PM »
To all of you fine fellows with extras/needs...

My Wants:
  7  Han Solo (R)

My Haves:
24 Elite Stormtrooper (UC)
38 Stormtrooper (C)
46  4-LOM (R)

Can anyone help me out?  :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2004, 05:38 PM »

In a real unfortunate twist of fate, a guy I was trading with decided to surprise me and "upgrade" an extra Probe Droid I was getting from him, to a Dewback (which I had originally inquired about with him, but to no avail).  So I had settled on getting his Probe Droid, which worked out great, since I managed to already line it up to give to someone for the second to last figure I needed - Speederbike with Biker Scout.

So I get my package from him today, and what's in there?  The Dewback, instead of the Probe Droid that we'd agreed on.  I know he was trying to surprise me with what he thought was a better figure, but basically I just got screwed.  I'd already promised the extra Probe Droid to another guy for the Speederbike I need, and since there's no way in hell I'm reniging on a trade, I'm gonna have to give this other guy my only Probe Droid now (that I got from Jeff).   :'(

So instead of just being one figure short (Luke Jedi), I'm now two damned figures short, sitting on an extra freakin' Dewback.   :-\

So if anyone wants to swap my Dewback for their Probe Droid, please LMK!  After that, I should have another Sith Lord Vader ready to go, to secure my final Luke Jedi figure.  Hopefully.  Maybe I shouldn't line up a trade for that extra until I actually confirm it's receipt though, eh...?

Damn, and I was THIS close...   ::)

I assume that the Prode Droid you are refering to is going to me for my scout on Bike.  If so, then just swap out the dewback for the droid since my g/f just bought a couple boosters and pulled a probe droid (go figure).

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2004, 06:28 PM »
Hey Matt, and other minis addicts. Prepare to crap yourselves. BIG TIME.

From the makers of the totally rockin UK and foreign market exclusive "Star Wars Fact Files" comes.......

http://www.deagostini.co.uk/starwarsbattlegames/

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2004, 06:30 PM »
Make sure you check out the "subscribe" option to see the kickin exclusive crap you get.

Save me Jebus... save me now...

Edited: Well, I think it's going to be official. Just spoke with my buddy who's been supplying me with Fact Files, looks like I'll be getting these as well lol

Hopefully I can complete my standard set before these start shipping.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 06:51 PM by BigDumbWookiee »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2004, 06:55 PM »
With each issue you’ll receive a fully-detailed, hand-finished miniature Star Wars figurine specially commissioned and approved by Lucasfilm.
Each figurine comes complete with its own set of game statistics, detailing the strengths and abilities you’ll need to take your characters into battle.
Every figurine is compatible with the Star Wars Collectable Miniatures Game from Wizards of the Coast, Inc

Any idea if this is an exclusive figure, or just a random figure from the set? And, any idea how much this is gonna us U.S. people? I sent an inquiry asking these questions, so hopefully they will reply soon. Man, this is gonna get already costly, and now it's getting worse  ::)

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2004, 07:19 PM »
Can you subscribe if your in the U.S.?  I didn't see where it said one way or another.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2004, 07:23 PM »
I assume that the Prode Droid you are refering to is going to me for my scout on Bike.  If so, then just swap out the dewback for the droid since my g/f just bought a couple boosters and pulled a probe droid (go figure).

AAAHHH!!!  I sent your figures out about 20 minutes before you posted this (and PM'd me at 'Scum)...   :'(  Oy.  I don't know if this latest development is funny, or sad.  Almost got me (actually the other guy) off the hook though.  Almost.  Hell, I didn't even know you were over here at JD Bruce!   :P

Anyway, your figures, including the infamous Probe Droid, are already in transit.  But if you wanna swap the Probe back to me for the Dewback later this week (what a hassle, I know), I'd be happy to accomodate ya'!  I'd throw in an extra buck too, to cover your duplicate shipping costs.  EDIT: Actually, I probably should wait and see if an offer I already made this morning to someone on the WOTC board goes through or not (the Dewback for Jedi Luke).  So I'll talk to you soon Bruce, and an unofficial and belated "welcome" to JD to ya' (now that I know who you actually are)!   ;)

Adam, damn you!  ARGH!  You trying to make my head explode, or sumthin'...?!   >:(  Now, I may have a heart attack...   :-\

But those scenes certainly look cool (and will require me to load back up on all the commons/uncommons I just traded away).  Not to mention the other cool extras, including the carry cast thingee (granted it doesn't work well for display purposes)...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 07:43 PM by JediMAC »