Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB  (Read 106973 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB
« Reply #165 on: May 6, 2010, 02:44 PM »
That Denger really looks amazing. His head looks like it's molded in two parts face/wraps to capture the look. It would be really cool if the wraps can off to see a gnarly Looney Toon style hairy lumpy head underneath.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 6, 2010, 11:04 PM »
That Denger really looks amazing. His head looks like it's molded in two parts face/wraps to capture the look. It would be really cool if the wraps can off to see a gnarly Looney Toon style hairy lumpy head underneath.

Eeew! Haha I really hope not! That Darth Vader w/ 3-piece helmet is already enough!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 7, 2010, 08:42 AM »
Okay, so whats the opinion that people are having on that new 3 piece Vader?  Is it worth it to have him over the 2 piece version? 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #168 on: May 7, 2010, 10:37 AM »
Okay, so whats the opinion that people are having on that new 3 piece Vader?  Is it worth it to have him over the 2 piece version? 

I'm all for it. It's something that Hasbro has been "selling" us for a while so it'll be nice to finally get it.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: May 7, 2010, 03:03 PM »
As long as it fits right, I figure it's the closest "ultimate" Vader that will be out there.  I'm going to migrate my 2-piece Vader to a DSDuel Luke holding him as he dies, and the 3-piecer (again, so long as the helmet fits/looks right) to the regular Imperial display shelf.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #170 on: May 7, 2010, 05:45 PM »

I consider the last two part helmet one and the TAC #16 Vader the ultimates. He never took off the whole helmet like this one. I do not get it and this one seems to be a waste. I would have preferred an updated Dagobah Ghost version than this Uncle Fester. I hope they updated his belt to hold a saber like the Luke Bespin. If they added that then I will be somewhat motivated for him. Right now I am more into the package than the figure itself.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 7, 2010, 09:38 PM »
I consider the last two part helmet one and the TAC #16 Vader the ultimates. He never took off the whole helmet like this one. I do not get it and this one seems to be a waste. I would have preferred an updated Dagobah Ghost version than this Uncle Fester. I hope they updated his belt to hold a saber like the Luke Bespin. If they added that then I will be somewhat motivated for him. Right now I am more into the package than the figure itself.

JACKOFTRADZE pretty much summed up my ideas. We've never seen Vader w/out his entire helmet, and, to me, the head sculpt is just plain freaky. I'd actually rather get Vader w/ ball-jointed wrists.

A Dagobah Vader wouldn't be so bad, either.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 8, 2010, 04:30 PM »
I think the reason for the 3-piece (despite not seeing it in movies) is that it's assumed. Especially in Sith as Vader gets transformed into the mechanical beast he becomes. I wondered how they got the collar about his neck in that scene. But this is the ESB wave, not RotS.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2010, 05:19 AM »
I just saw some pictures of this wave over at sandtroopers and I'm a little underwhelmed with some of them. That C3-P0 looks a little dodgey and I'm not sure about that Hip area on Luke, it looks pretty wide. I'm hoping it's just the pictures and they'll look better in hand.

Dengar and Leia still look good though.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 07:15 AM by Blaster under the pillow »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2010, 10:13 AM »
I'd actually rather get Vader w/ ball-jointed wrists.

That would be a cool upgrade! It appears it's not happening this time around but maybe the 100th Vader figure will get it.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2010, 11:09 AM »
does anyone have link or can post a picture of this new Vader with all 3 helmet pieces off?  thanks in advance.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2010, 11:24 AM »
I'm not sure about that Hip area on Luke, it looks pretty wide. I'm hoping it's just the pictures and they'll look better in hand.

after veiwing the pictures I agree it appears that way. I am not a huge fan of ball jointed hips on SW figures. The ROTS Obi-wan became Frumpy-Wan Kenobi. This figure looks great but the pelvis looks a bit diapery. I hope it's better in hand as your hope suggests.

The C-3P0 looks like a disaster. He is one character that is doomed on vintage style card backs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2010, 09:24 PM »

I received dak and atat cmdr today in the mail. 

dak...  He's cool and uses the evo snowspeeder sculpt as predicted.  The hoth rifle he has is actually new.  He's a good generic hoth pilot so I like him as much as I thought I would for army building.

the atat cmdr is a weird one.  His grey is light but not bad.  The helmet is new and super detailed even with padding inside.  The holster is the best for an imp yet I think.  The armor is everything I wanted and didn't get with veers.  The really odd thing to me is how the goggles are made less to fit the helmet and more to fit snug on the figures head.  Its real tough to get them on the helmet at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2010, 09:31 PM »
So the googles are meant to be worn on the head and then under the helmet versus on top?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2010, 09:52 PM »
after veiwing the pictures I agree it appears that way. I am not a huge fan of ball jointed hips on SW figures. The ROTS Obi-wan became Frumpy-Wan Kenobi. This figure looks great but the pelvis looks a bit diapery. I hope it's better in hand as your hope suggests.

The C-3P0 looks like a disaster. He is one character that is doomed on vintage style card backs.

I don't mean to pick on you at all, but, firstly, for C-3PO, collectors have always whined how we want a SA C-3PO. Now Hasbro has said that if they do this, then they can't use the shiny-looking armor, because it's a particular type of plastic/whatever that can't be easily conjoined in numerous places with ball joints.

And as for the Luke, well, chances might be good that the joints will be fixed. Look at the 2009 TCW ARF clone trooper. Initial pictures showed the figure with extremely wide hip joints, but Hasbro fixed this so that the final product's joints were normal.