Author Topic: Recents Finds and/or Purchases  (Read 130384 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2015, 11:28 AM »
Keep an eye out at Walmart. Wave 1 is starting to hit there according to various reports around the US.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2015, 01:15 PM »
No, the Target exclusive AT-DP with the pack-in driver is not in circulation yet. The counts you are seeing are for the first wave of vehicles most likely. And yeah, the AT-DP seems to sell out fast.

I've seen indications that the AT-DP with Driver is actually in some of my area Target stores.  I was able to come by that info from the Target website and searched for the exclusive AT-DP in my area.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2015, 02:10 PM »
No, the Target exclusive AT-DP with the pack-in driver is not in circulation yet. The counts you are seeing are for the first wave of vehicles most likely. And yeah, the AT-DP seems to sell out fast.

I've seen indications that the AT-DP with Driver is actually in some of my area Target stores.  I was able to come by that info from the Target website and searched for the exclusive AT-DP in my area.

That feature doesn't really work on Target's site because it treats the exclusive vehicles the same as the non-exclusive one. So basically, if Target.com says your store has it, they probably just have an Anakin Jedi Starfighter or maybe a Phantom with Kanan or TIE with Inquisitor. In essence, it's a crap shoot.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2015, 05:02 PM »
Wonderful. You get the sense from things like this that Target has deliberately dumbed down the DPCI numbers to mess with collectors who were using the system to their advantage.

Be that as it may, I pic up an Imperial Transport at TRU this afternoon.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2015, 11:28 PM »
Wonderful. You get the sense from things like this that Target has deliberately dumbed down the DPCI numbers to mess with collectors who were using the system to their advantage.

Be that as it may, I pic up an Imperial Transport at TRU this afternoon.

I'm pretty sure the DCPI thing has been like that with exclusives at Target for like 10 years... honestly I think it's been like that as long as I can remember.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2015, 01:42 AM »
Exclusives DPCI's tended to depend on whether an item was part of an assortment or its own thing.  Like one DPCI for all the Geonosis Arena sets, and it carried over to the next waves from a year prior and so on.

But then like a single ship, boom, its own DPCI.

What Jayson's saying is the mass release basic vehicles and the exclusive ones with a figure (exclusive to Target) are sharing a DPCI, at least on the website...  I never saw that in the past, where a DPCI was shared with an exclusive item and non-exclusive items at the same time.  At least I can't ever recall that happening.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2015, 10:38 PM »
Since I heard Walmart was becoming relevant again I ventured a stop this evening and was rewarded by picking up another Chopper, Kallus, and Stormtrooper figure. Nice to see they are getting back in the game.

Also found another Plo at Target earlier in the day but again he had a slightly crushed bubble, just like the first one I found. Fragile stuff...tough on us MOC guys too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2015, 12:29 AM »
Nice to hear Chopper is still showing up... I still haven't seen one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2015, 08:42 AM »
Nice to hear Chopper is still showing up... I still haven't seen one.

Same here. 

And related to the Chopper issue, I would trade a carded Inquisitor for Chopper if anyone wants to make that deal. I just scored the Target exclusive version of the Inquisitor with his TIE Advanced prototype, so my carded Inquisitor is up for grabs to anyone that might have a spare Chopper.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:43 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 2, 2015, 02:48 PM »
Picked up 2 more Jedi Temple Guards at Target over lunch, along with an undamaged Plo Koon.

Surprised the AT-DP Driver has been as hard to find as he is...I've only seen him once.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #85 on: March 2, 2015, 05:12 PM »
Still haven't seen the AT-DP myself, but haven't seen any figures outside the Temple Guard and AT-AT Driver. Which is fine because I figured the Temple Guard would be the problem with this wave.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: March 2, 2015, 07:01 PM »
TG is the one I haven't seen.  I'm looking for one for me and one for a local buddy ultimately, if I see them anywhere.

AT-DP Pilots I think have some potential appeal that goes beyond kids and even beyond the anti-5POA folks too.  I know I bought one, and I barely am buying any 5 POA.  I wanted it for customizing at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 3, 2015, 08:38 PM »
Picked up 3 more Jedi Temple Guards at Target over lunch. I may have a problem... :P

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 5, 2015, 07:13 PM »
I saw Chopper, have one, and Agent Mall is at WM, I got the agent. Now to find the walker and walker driver(s).
I am not the Stig

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 5, 2015, 09:19 PM »
I saw Wave 1 of the vehicles at Wal-Mart yesterday. I was surprised to see a semi-expanded Star Wars section there. I almost picked up another AT-DP but $25 was a bit steep.