Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 561565 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2265 on: April 9, 2018, 06:19 AM »
Well...another episode that very slowly moved the plot.  It certainly wasn't a bad one, but was far from being good.

Maybe next week we'll actually see the end of the perpetual cat and mouse game.  This season has been like The Farm, except there has been some action.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: April 9, 2018, 12:48 PM »
Yeah, if the farm had 16 episodes and Rick duked it out with Shane every 4 episodes, and Lori went off for some stupid reason and wrecked her car every 3rd episode, and two characters debated ethics/morality for 20 minutes every other episode..so, yeah, the show has gotten formulaic.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2267 on: April 9, 2018, 11:05 PM »
So next week is the Season Finale of TWD and the season premier of FTWD.  My prediction is that TWD ends with Morgan doing his best Forest Gump impersonation right out of town....Fear TWD starts in Houston 6 months later with him running into town!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: April 10, 2018, 06:22 AM »
Matt, I'm guessing that's sarcasm. 

If they haven't drastically shifted FTWD timeline, then that show is about 2 years behind TWD.  So I'm thinking Morgan made his way to Texas after helping Rick, and then headed back east after an adventure there and met up with Rick and Co.

That's just my fan theory that accounts for absolutely nothing and is probably entirely wrong.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2269 on: April 10, 2018, 08:15 AM »
Texas is a LONG ******* WALK from Virginia for a round-trip visit.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: April 10, 2018, 09:20 AM »
Come on Bill, you know you have to suspend belief for that show.  I'm sure Morgan found a car with unlimited gas or a charging station for an electric car.  The writers will make it fit.

Embrace the suck.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: April 10, 2018, 10:15 AM »
Probably took one of those trash people helicopters.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: April 10, 2018, 12:08 PM »
Matt, I'm guessing that's sarcasm. 

If they haven't drastically shifted FTWD timeline, then that show is about 2 years behind TWD.  So I'm thinking Morgan made his way to Texas after helping Rick, and then headed back east after an adventure there and met up with Rick and Co.

That's just my fan theory that accounts for absolutely nothing and is probably entirely wrong.

You are partially correct Chris...there was some sarcasm in my comment.  However, the show runners have said that the timeline of Morgan is not going to be changed....he's leaving TWD and will show up in Fear afterwards.  I'm expecting a huge time jump in Fear next week.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2273 on: April 10, 2018, 02:01 PM »
I've actually enjoyed the last few episodes of TWD a lot more than I did the rest of the season.  I'm really hoping they deliver some nice pay-offs on Sunday.  We deserve it!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2274 on: April 10, 2018, 10:33 PM »
I enjoyed the Negick brawl in the building with ****** floors.  I’ve enjoyed a lot of this season in general. 

Oh I’ve had batteries die in a month too... depends on their newness and just general usage and the weather but yeah it’s super easy and one of those things I’ve just ignored on the show...  like constant good aim regardless of the setting...  till someone important is standing around and needs shot then suddenly they’re all Stormtroopers.

Lol @ the Forest Gump line Matt.  That was funny. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: April 12, 2018, 09:34 PM »
I've probably already said it, I'm going to say it again...

I really hope the Saviors thing ends next week.  They've been the focal point of the show for three years now.  I don't think I could stand a fourth.

I'm dying for this show to do something new... anything new.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: April 13, 2018, 12:33 PM »
Looks like there will be one heck of a time jump in FTWD according to this trailer.

Morgan directly references All Out War (there was a war out East), and the fact that he has his Aikido staff proves it's after Rick met up with crazy Morgan back in his hometown.

I bet the episode will be set in present day TWD, but there will be several flashbacks throughout the season to show what happened in those two years.

Also, a quick glimpse at the timelines of the show:

- Rick wakes up on day 59 of the outbreak, 5 days later it's the end of Season One and the CDC in Atlanta blows up.
- The Dam blows up in FTWD on Day 64 of the outbreak....same day as the CDC in Atlanta blows up.

So basically, most of what we've seen in FTWD has happened before Rick even gets out of the Hospital in TWD!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:44 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: April 16, 2018, 12:45 AM »
Underwhelming and telegraphed season finale of TWD. The oceanside ladies weren't even needed, because that attack on Hilltop felt tacked on and weightless.  Dwight leaves seemingly for good...which is almost a shame, I like him more than most of Rick and company. Maggie and Daryl set up at next season's villains...or something.

FTWD actually got me interested, even though I thought i was tired of Morgan. And Garret Dillahunt, maybe the rest of the cast of Raising Hope will appear or he'll turn out to be Cromartie, the terminator. Or he'll reveal that The Gifted mutants were the cause of the zombie. I was quite TAKEN with Maggie Grace. (I didn't realize who she was, actually)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: April 16, 2018, 01:08 AM »
I can't believe we've gotta wait a whole summer now to hear how much you hate this show.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: April 16, 2018, 01:13 AM »
That being said I do agree it was pretty telegraphed.

I'm intrigued with the Maggie, Jesus, Daryl thing. That caught me off guard. I can't see them "vs" Rick but certainly a rift could be interesting
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within