Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558002 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2085 on: February 22, 2017, 12:01 AM »
I haven't read the comics to know if the Trash People are part of the official story or not, but I just assumed from a TV perspective that they're cannon fodder for the coming war against The Saviors.

They are not a part of the comic nor are the well armed women at the beach.  I wonder how long until they come back i to play.

I wonder how they will bring Heath back...the actor is doing a great job on 24: Legacy.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: February 22, 2017, 12:04 PM »
While this group isn't in the comics, there is a group called the Scavengers that the show never covered.  In the comic, they're just small group driving around in a van.  They are one of the first to challenge Alexandria after Rick arrives, but Andrea (who is still alive and a sharp shooter in the comics) takes them down pretty easily.  The writing for the show often expands both the number of groups in the story and the number of people within each group.  The River Women, Scavengers, Wolves are all a departure from the comics, but the theme of banding together multiple communities to take on the Saviors is generally the same.  Will be interesting to see if there is some twist coming for this new group.  I would think between Alexandria, the Kingdom, and the Hilltop that they have enough bodies to do the job.  They just need to get their hands on some weapons now. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: February 27, 2017, 08:48 AM »
Good lord this season is worse than sitting on the farm or talking about fighting the Governor.

Of the 11 episodes this season, I think about 3 1/2 are actually worth watching.  I still have to catch the last 5 minutes of last nights episode, but good lord we are into seeing Negan is a bad guy.  Eugene is scared and is plotting something.  That is about the most interesting thing going.

I hate the Oscars and decided to watch that last night instead of TWD.

Rant over, I'll bitch more later.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: February 27, 2017, 11:58 AM »
LOL. I forgot Walking Dead was on and worse, I barely watched any of the Oscars, either. I even turned  it off before the big best picture screw up.

I guess I'll catch it later.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: February 27, 2017, 01:00 PM »
I didn't mind last night's episode.  Sure maybe they could have had a little less Eugene and moved around to other groups, but this was a little bit of a "flashback episode" so the timelines weren't perfectly synced with what we've already seen.

I'm hopeful the time they spent on the Dwight and Eugene story lines are relevant as I felt like we learned quite a bit about both. 

I'd also like to know what the back story on Dwight and the Saviors' doctor is.  Seems to be a bit of bad blood...

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: February 27, 2017, 01:03 PM »
In a vacuum I liked the episode. I sort of wish they'd get going faster to the "Negan vs. everyone else" war, but I liked getting a little more Eugene personality.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2091 on: February 27, 2017, 02:09 PM »
I actually liked last night's episode quite a bit.  Very nice character arc by Eugene.  I'm not sure how covering zombies in molten metal is supposed to keep them upright, but otherwise strong stuff.  Plus - Yars Revenge!!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: February 27, 2017, 11:04 PM »
How could Tasha Yar get her revenge, she died at Terminus?!  :P

Watched it. I thought it was a decent episode...for a "no lead characters" one. I guess Negan is sort of a lead character.

I was wondering if the wives weren't a test for Eugene.  At the end I'm still not sure they weren't.

Bet the doc wished he joined Doctors Without Burners.  :P

Did any walkers even die in the episode? Even the guts falling out one was still going.

Next time: amusement park fun!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:05 PM by Scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 1, 2017, 12:38 PM »
I'd also like to know what the back story on Dwight and the Saviors' doctor is.  Seems to be a bit of bad blood...

I think they pretty much showed that by continually cutting to him breaking Dwights balls in his office all through the episode. Dude was being a super passive aggressive ahole. Dwight just sits there calmly not saying a word, and then serves it up to him at the end with that frame job.

Seems odd Negan would let Dwight go out on his own to look for his wife. And even odder that he bought that weak ass story without any proof. But then it seems pretty clear the writers are not really trying that hard anymore. People are going to watch no matter what so why go the extra mile?

I wonder if we will see the wife again or not...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: March 1, 2017, 02:11 PM »
Yeah, though Negan did let Dwight go after that one guy who ran and apparently Dwight knew him well. But then again, Negan didn't give a crap about that guy other than as an example of anyone trying to flee.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: March 3, 2017, 07:00 PM »
I think Negan feels pretty confident in his reach.  If you run, you better keep on running and not get caught or you'll be served up as an example for others that try to run.  I think most people would be afraid to set out on their own between the threat of being caught and limited resources or protection.  As someone who hunted down other runners, I figure that Negan figures Dwight is smart enough to come back.  There's also the threat of what happens if they come across his wife - if he's still with them he might have a chance to save her.

This was an okay episode for me.  I liked the spotlight on Eugene and Dwight, but I'm not a big fan of these one-off episodes with just a small part of the cast.  Looks like we're in for more of the same next with with Rick and Michonne.  I do think molten metal zombies, however ridiculous and impractical, sound pretty cool. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: March 6, 2017, 12:00 AM »
MRE's and candle light...Romancing the Apocalypse.

Convoluted way for a walker to shoot a gun.

Tara's toddler confessions...soon to a regular feature. Next week "I've got a crush on Rosita."

I totally thought Rick had died! It was as likely as a deer hanging around zombies.

50 guns to these weirdos you barely know, Rick. Betting a lot. 

Don't expect to get your bloody junk cat back, Jadis!

Rosita and what's her name...gotta do something stupid because that's required to fill time before the season finale.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: March 6, 2017, 12:34 PM »
I thought last night's episode was pretty good.  Good to have some good old fashioned zombie killing action.

Glad to see they located a bunch of guns, but I've always thought the premise of guns being hard to find was kind of dumb.  There are 300 million guns in the US (not counting military equipment), and you would assume everyone that could arm themselves in a zombie apocalypse would and that military facilities would be quickly looted.  I would think that a lot of time when you killed a zombie or found a dead body you would find a gun on them or nearby.

To me it would be the ammo that would be in short supply and hard to find.  Re-loader kits should be fairly easy to come by, and finding used casings and casting lead bullets shouldn't be hard.  But I would think black powder would quickly become the rare commodity (as well as unused rounds) and thus a guy like Eugene that could create more gunpowder would be indispensable.

I always thought Negan's surprise that someone could crimp their own bullet was kind of dumb.  I'm not a hard core gun guy but I know several friends that have reloader kits and sometimes make their own bullets/shells.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: March 6, 2017, 05:27 PM »
I thought last night's episode was pretty good.  Good to have some good old fashioned zombie killing action.

Glad to see they located a bunch of guns, but I've always thought the premise of guns being hard to find was kind of dumb.  There are 300 million guns in the US (not counting military equipment), and you would assume everyone that could arm themselves in a zombie apocalypse would and that military facilities would be quickly looted.  I would think that a lot of time when you killed a zombie or found a dead body you would find a gun on them or nearby.

To me it would be the ammo that would be in short supply and hard to find.  Re-loader kits should be fairly easy to come by, and finding used casings and casting lead bullets shouldn't be hard.  But I would think black powder would quickly become the rare commodity (as well as unused rounds) and thus a guy like Eugene that could create more gunpowder would be indispensable.

I always thought Negan's surprise that someone could crimp their own bullet was kind of dumb.  I'm not a hard core gun guy but I know several friends that have reloader kits and sometimes make their own bullets/shells.

I agree with all of that and have thought the same.

However, reloading is an exact science and takes practice to get it right. 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: March 6, 2017, 05:32 PM »
Was confused by the scene with the two Saviors whacking balls.  :D did Rick and Michonne kill them and take their stuff or just beat a hasty retreat they didn't bother to show us?

I guess if the Trash people double cross them Rick can just tell Negan about them and let the two of them duke it out. Arguing over the cat was funny.

Next week looks pretty good!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy