Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 563385 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2115 on: March 15, 2017, 08:09 PM »
I believe the idea is to make The Kingdom want to join the other groups wage war against The Saviors and catch The Saviors off guard so killing a Savior at the drop would be a terrible idea

Ultimately it would accomplish the same thing though. He shoots some of them, they shoot him, it all goes bad right there. At least that way he has some kind of control instead of sitting around watching them shoot the kid and hoping he doesn't bleed out.

Morgan kind of spoiled the whole catching them off guard thing anyway when he blabbed about how the guy wanted to start something between the 2 groups. plus that whole brutal scene strangling a dude to death doesn't exactly shout "peaceful and pacified", lol.

At any rate, glad we got old Carol back.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: March 15, 2017, 08:16 PM »
I thought Morgan's plan was perfect. One guy wanted to start something with the saviors but not only did the kingdom not want to, but they killed the guy and told the saviors. That's how much they know the saviors are in charge.

Meanwhile the kingdom and the other groups are planning the exact opposite and plan to go to war with the saviors
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:28 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2117 on: March 15, 2017, 10:57 PM »
Yeah I'm with you on this Nick, I think Morgan's plan (I guess it's a plan) is just that...  The saviors are going to not see him coming right now, but given the pimp stick sharpening at the end I'm guessing Morgan isn't going to pull the passive-resistance card on this one.  Things are set...  Tara leads them to or gets them involved with the river/beach babes.  Rick gets the Oscar's to help for muscle.  Rick gets Alexandria prepped.  Carol gets Ezekial and the Kingdom ready.  Maggie gets Hilltop in line as best she can.  Sasha and Rosita die because they're stupid.  Eugene Eugenes.

Things are falling into order here.

I'm ok with TWD this season.  It's not been one gratuitous Rick-shame episode after the next, which I thought it may turn into that.

Zombies aren't a super threat now but still it's the environment and zombies are just part of it...  a storm, the flu, whatever.  Lots of crummy things can happen, and zombies are just an ever-present issue.  I'm sure warring will stir them up too.  It's not like you can do that quietly and stuff.  So they're still in play.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: March 16, 2017, 12:45 AM »
Rick convinces the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to pitch in? SPOILERS, MAN!

Eugene's Eugenics save mankind. That's how the series ends.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2119 on: March 16, 2017, 01:01 AM »

Oscar man, Oscar! 

I thought it was funny.   ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2120 on: March 16, 2017, 07:43 AM »
And this'll all happen in 3 episodes?  Or will the finale end with the cliffhanger of the rebel alliance overlooking the Saviors' base, ready to yell "CHARGE"?
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: March 16, 2017, 11:51 AM »
And this'll all happen in 3 episodes?  Or will the finale end with the cliffhanger of the rebel alliance overlooking the Saviors' base, ready to yell "CHARGE"?

Sadly I think the cliffhanger.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 16, 2017, 12:02 PM »
And the premiere will be the aftermath of the battle. We'll never see the whole thing.

Oscar man, Oscar! 

I thought it was funny.   ::)

Don't be a grouch!  :D I got it but I'd already written my post.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2123 on: March 16, 2017, 01:23 PM »
Cliffhanger because it's tv.  It'll maybe have the start of something but no satisfying moment unless you count Sasha and/or Rosita getting offed.  I do believe we'll see one or both dead before season end.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 16, 2017, 05:19 PM »
Haven't decided if I liked this last episode or not.  I thought the Richard plan was a little too predictible and not at all well thought out.  If his plan had worked, how would the survivors have known to bury him at his little "Bury Me Here" sign?  Did he have a note explaining it or tell someone else about his plan?  The scene with Benjamin getting shot was pretty convenient as well.  Carl gets shot in the eye socket and survives, but Ben takes a bullet to the leg and everyone conveniently starts thinking he is going to bleed out.  They chopped off Hershel's whole leg and he was fine...just too convenient.  I also wasn't happy that it was Ben - he was developing into kind of a cool character.  They could have made the exact same story killing off almost anyone else in the drop off group instead.  I also didn't like how Morgan was the only one questioning what went wrong with the drop.  If Zeke counted them himself, you'd think he'd be going nuts trying to figure out what happened. 

I do think Richard had to do something other than just show up and shoot a Savior.  Beyond the covered points of that making the Saviors suspicious, it could have easily been a shootout that killed Zeke and the others, leaving the Kingdom in total disarray.  He was clearly decided on becoming a martyr and understood the big picture, so I guess I just wish he had made his stand by deciding to go fight with Rick.  Getting Ben killed was a real Dick move (see what I did there?).

Morgan losing it was necessary to getting him and Carol back into the fight I suppose, but seemed really out of character for him to bash Richard's head in.  I suppose it stopped Richard from doing something else stupid and got them on the right path like people have said.  But if it was his intent to get the Kingdom in position for a surprise attack, then why not go talk to Zeke about joining up with Rick?  It sure felt like he was marching off to attack the Saviors on his own.  I did really like that he referred to Ben as his son Dwayne at first...that actually pulled at a few heart strings for a change. 

Complaints aside, I'm still really loving this show.  Too bad they won't be wrapping up the counter attack by the end of the season though. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2125 on: March 16, 2017, 06:26 PM »
On the gunshot thing, Carl's eye aside, the leg thing's a very real likelihood.  It's a common combat wound that risk of bleeding out in minutes is a major concern.  If they saw blood pumping out they knew the issue was real.  It lines up with them needing to get him to Carol's which was apparently closer than the Kingdom.  The Femoral Artery makes a thigh wound a major threat.

Things like shoulder wounds, etc. also run major risks of bleeding out too though because of all the larger blood vessels and stuff, so movies/TV are almost always off on that kinda stuff, but that Benjamin moment was surprisingly realistic for a TV show.

I believe Kat dies in All Quiet on the Western Front from the same basic wound. 

Carl's eye, how he hasn't gotten infection yet is beyond me.

On Herschel's leg though, actually a relatively "clean" amputation causes a muscular seizing that limits or can limit blood loss, or so I've read, and thus you can get the wound stitched up if you're fairly fast with it, and stuff.  I have a friend who works in prosthetics who has interesting perspectives on TWD and the whole lopping off limb things haha.

I liked the throwback to Dwayne, a lot.  I feel like the build-up of Benjamin was almost a necessity to pushing Morgan over...  Sucked to lose him though, I agree.  He could've been a very cool character going forward.  I guess sucking losing him was part of the point though.  I'd have liked to have seen his character get built up some more though and become more long-term.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:28 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 16, 2017, 06:39 PM »
On the gunshot thing, Carl's eye aside, the leg thing's a very real likelihood.  It's a common combat wound that risk of bleeding out in minutes is a major concern.  If they saw blood pumping out they knew the issue was real.  It

That's how Sean Taylor died... there's an artery in there and you can bleed out incredibly quickly if you're shot in the right (wrong) place in your leg.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2127 on: March 16, 2017, 07:20 PM »
Yeah the femoral artery.  It's very large, and supplies all the blood to your legs and that's a lotta blood.  But like movies show a guy hit in the shoulder and he shrugs it off and stuff?  Very unlikely too.  Bullets fragment, and there's also a TON of large blood vessels in the shoulder, not to mention the complexity of the shoulder muscles, etc.  Totally bull**** when that stuff happens in films because often times your shoulder's destroyed from it, and bleeding out is a very real threat again.

The femoral is a real issue in combat because while bullets are a threat, obviously, shrapnel is even moreso, and often it comes from lower levels and thus your legs or lower body are more likely to take that.  IEDs, mines, grenades, all tend to be a danger from the lower-angle. 

The only "good" place to get shot I ever heard of was in the butt, or more particular, the gluts, which is a common combat wound as well.  If it hits to your front though, you're again very much in danger of bleeding out because of all the blood flow in the genital region.

I think the moral of the story is not to get shot (or otherwise). :)  Carl's I'm taking as just the typical tv/film bs but his wound is soooooo...  unhealed, haha.  I just don't see that working but head wounds are their own whole ball of wax.  I do recall Gimple or one of them trying to explain it as a glance and not something that penetrated the skull or brain really, more just damaged the eye socket.  Eye socket damage is its own whole mess but man, I dunno.  That just doesn't seem likely to work.

I found the amputation thing interesting...  My buddy said it's amazing how that is a more survivable wound sometimes.  Go figure.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2128 on: March 20, 2017, 08:36 AM »
Whole lotta nothing going on last night.  It's sad when I'm reaching for my phone to check stuff during the program rather than during the commercials.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 20, 2017, 08:50 AM »
The Sasha/Rosita stuff is doing nothing for me.

I'm not sure I'd say developing Maggie's new role is "nothing"

That being said, once again, this didn't need to be it's own episode so we can drag out the start of the war.