Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 566871 times)

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2130 on: March 20, 2017, 10:28 AM »
Yeah, I don't get the Sasha / Rosita thing either.  Boring episode, and with the crew gearing up for war, I don't really understand them being overcome with the need to strike early.  They can't wait a couple more weeks to take part in the killing of Negan that they've got to recklessly strike out on their own?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: March 20, 2017, 10:29 AM »
It's sad when I'm reaching for my phone to check stuff during the program rather than during the commercials.

I was thinking the same thing.  Sometimes I have to force myself to put my phone down.

I still enjoy the show but I don't feel the same supsense that I used to feel.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: March 20, 2017, 02:45 PM »
When Negan said they had 2 doctors, he meant the one at Hilltop. What a schmuck. And they were brothers? Felt like an unconvincing connection.

Daryl was kill that guy and get everyone in trouble. Hasn't learned a thing, has he?

Xander Berkeley, why you such a  jerkely? I guess. He hasn't turned any of Rick's fools in yet, of course he's ignorant of Daryl's fugitive status.

Jesus had bullets and hid them in book. What other miracles hath he performed?

Eugene, again, a better heel than hero.

Yeah, it was a very mediocre episode. The zombie kills were so meh...but Into the Badlands...wow, red head woman be slicing and dicing. Too bad the series was off the air for over a year and I can barely remember what happened.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: March 22, 2017, 12:33 PM »
My interpretation of the Sasha/Rosita thing is that Rosita has a death wish.  She's planning not to make it out, already settled on trading her life for Negan's.  Sasha sees it and knows Rosita is going to go after him either way, so she goes along to try to get it done without Rosita getting killed.  The first tries the sharpshooter angle, then locks Rosita out to get the deed done herself.  It's a weird course for all of them and they should just be patient, but I think between the grief and wanting to be the one who pulls the trigger, it kinda makes sense.  Not loving that part of the story, but for those that read the comics I think this is being set up to use Sasha in place of Holly, which will be cool to see.  I'm hoping the build up in the next few shows is worth the wait.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: March 22, 2017, 08:31 PM »
I feel certain they did the Holly thing at one point already on the show. Maybe it was the Governor? I can't for the life of me remember but I know that bag over the head motif has showed up before.

I agree that's what it seems like they are setting her up for though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: March 24, 2017, 12:01 PM »
I don't think so - maybe I'm not remember something from the early seasons though.  There was a Holly character at Alexandria, but she died in the Wolves attack. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: March 27, 2017, 06:36 PM »
Walking Dead Season 7 Episode 15 Oceanside's Eleven

Okay, that wasn't the name of it.

Tara, you...terrible person.

Meh, not much happened besides Oceanside theft by the Rick Rollers.

Just die already, Sasha. DIIIIIIIIIIIE.

Just get eaten already, Gregory. NOM-NOM.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: March 28, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Who is Negans "little bird"??
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: March 28, 2017, 10:51 AM »
Who is Negans "little bird"??

I'm stumped on that one too.  Not sure if they've got a spy in Hilltop, The Kingdom, or Alexandria.  There don't appear to be any obvious choices other than maybe the leader of Hilltop, but he doesn't appear to have communicated anything directly yet.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2139 on: March 28, 2017, 11:08 AM »
There's a theory out that Negan was bluffing, claiming to know something so Sasha might confirm it.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: March 28, 2017, 11:42 AM »
It's an actual bird. Negan can communicate with animals.

An MH-6 Little Bird helicopter?

Rick gathers everyone and Negan's copter annihilates them.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: March 28, 2017, 11:46 AM »
I'll be interested to see what Dwight's role will be.  I haven't read the comics (and please don't tell me what happens with him in the comics if its relevant), but they've spent a fair amount of time developing his character this season.  It would be great if he joins the Alexandria/Hilltop crew and helps take down The Saviors.  Him and Darryl (and Jesus) could be an awesome bromance scavenging crew.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: March 28, 2017, 12:21 PM »
I'll be interested to see what Dwight's role will be.  I haven't read the comics (and please don't tell me what happens with him in the comics if its relevant), but they've spent a fair amount of time developing his character this season.  It would be great if he joins the Alexandria/Hilltop crew and helps take down The Saviors.  Him and Darryl (and Jesus) could be an awesome bromance scavenging crew.

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X keeping mouth shut
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: March 28, 2017, 02:46 PM »
Ditto. 

Interested in what/who the reference to the spy was though.  That is not in the comics that I recall.  Could be that he just has someone covertly watching Rick and company though.  It's kind of silly to think that he set up all these spread out defenses and outposts, but trusts Alexandria and other communities to just do what they want unseen between visits.  I would not be surprised to find that he has a few people just keeping tabs on comings and goings.  Of course, a turncoat in the group is a far more interesting plot line.  I hope its not Jerry!

PS - I love love love that Eugene brought Sasha pills instead of a weapon, which I'm sure she wanted to use on him to get out of there.  That was solid writing for a change.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2144 on: March 29, 2017, 12:18 AM »
Got a theory on the lil bird and she's everywhere in a way.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77