Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 561188 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2535 on: October 5, 2020, 09:20 AM »
I liked last night's episode.  Are they ending TWD next season?  I thought there were two left.

I have World Beyond on the DVR, We'll watch it tonight.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: October 5, 2020, 11:57 AM »
Looks like its a bit of weird setup.

According to Wikipedia they're adding six more episodes to the existing Season 10.  And Season 11 will premier in late 2021, consisting of 24 episodes broadcast over a two year period. 

So I guess its two more years of broadcast but one season, whatever that means.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2537 on: October 5, 2020, 12:57 PM »
So I guess its two more years of broadcast but one season, whatever that means.

AMC did this with Mad Men too.  Take the last season, break it into two half-season pieces airing over two years and use the extra time in-between to milk the hell out of reruns and marathons to pull as much cash out of the dying cow as you can before it's over.   :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: October 5, 2020, 05:05 PM »
Sounds like Game of Thrones.  That worked really well too...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: October 5, 2020, 10:56 PM »
One thing I was surprised by last night's TWD is the lack of main character deaths.  I thought for sure Gabriel was toast.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: October 6, 2020, 12:09 AM »
I have World Beyond on the DVR, We'll watch it tonight.

I see the commercials and I get the same snore fest vibe I felt after 5 mins of 'Caprica'. Is it worth the watch?

Take the last season, break it into two half-season pieces airing over two years and use the extra time in-between to milk the hell out of reruns and marathons to pull as much cash out of the dying cow as you can before it's over.   :-X

Don't forget the Carol/Daryl roadshow spin off and the Rick Grimes (made-for-tv/streaming??) movies.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2020, 12:24 AM by Jedi Idej »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: October 6, 2020, 10:33 AM »
The pilot episode was a bit on the slow side.  I actually started to nod off a bit during it.  There is some interesting insight into the CRM though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: October 7, 2020, 09:01 PM »
Well, the new show looks like TWF for teens. I did wonder after watching though if there will eventually be a tie in with the other two series. The helos got me to the thinking.  I just bored watching it.  It had a story, but that's about it.  It seemed predictable who was who and what was what.  Unispiring to me.

As for TWD season finale, very underwhelming to me.  I mean, it just ended.  Maybe the guys in the white will turn out to be the helicopter folks that we've now seen in every series.  Who knows...
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: October 15, 2020, 01:47 PM »
Anybody give TWD World Beyond another go?

I started this morning, gave it about 15 or so minutes and I'm out.  I won't be watching any more as this show is beyond terrible.  It's like the writers chosen were having a competition to see who could write the worst script and unclear storyline.  If that was the goal, mission success.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: October 15, 2020, 01:52 PM »
I've watched both episodes and I'm surprised the kids are still alive.

I'm hoping the CRM comes back into it soon.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: October 16, 2020, 04:40 PM »
I'm watching WB just to get my zombie fix as I still love that universe, but like others said - kind of a boring kickoff.  Fear the Walking Dead had a great first couple of episodes before digressing off into total nonsense.  I wish they would get back to the zombies being even a remote threat.  Even when they get to someone and wrestle they're somehow not able to get a bite in.

If anyone likes this genre and has not read the World War Z novel, I would highly recommend it.  Lots of short, somewhat interconnected stories about what happened when the zombies hit.  How people reacted, why the military couldn't stop them, psychological impact, various ways to fight back...that's what I was hoping we would eventually get with one of these spin-off shows.  Seems like the writers are more interested in building up a few characters no one cares about and just having some zombies roam around in the background.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: March 1, 2021, 03:58 PM »
So The Walking Dead returned last night and although I like that Maggie's back and they are setting up some great conflict with Negan, I already don't like the idea of the Reapers.  Unless they are bringing in the Reapers from Mass Effect.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: March 2, 2021, 12:58 AM »
I'm with Matt. Maggie Negan should be good. But bad guys group #67 is even too much for me. I never read a comic past the Whisperers. Are the Reapers an existing group? Knowing that the show is getting close to wrapping up I hope they don't spend too much time with this new bad guy group.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: March 2, 2021, 09:44 AM »
I'm past ready for this show to be done. 

So the Reapers are military dudes that still have full working military tech when everyone else has reverted to the middle ages?  And they're interested in hunting down remaining communities, why?  For their bows and arrows? 

I just love these people that are interested in walking for hundreds of miles to do battle for no real reason, and still manage to find the time to scavenge for food.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: March 7, 2021, 07:22 PM »
What did grenade guy say before he pulled the pin?