Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 59736 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Razor Crest
« Reply #555 on: February 15, 2022, 10:06 AM »
My review of the Razor Crest.

Short version:  This thing is awesome!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 15, 2022, 10:14 AM »
Mine are supposed to be here today, but one of them is in New Jersey and the other is in Pennsylvania. I'm in Massachusetts. I'm fully expecting them to go into the dreaded Fedex "delivery pending" status for a few days.

I actually could have gotten mine a few minutes ago if I had opted for home delivery.  I just had another FedEx shipment arrive at my house.  I'm waiting for the Razor Crest to turn up at my local FedEx / Kinko's location some time today.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 15, 2022, 10:31 AM »
Heads up - it seems that some people have had breakage issues with the landing gear doors.  Check out THIS YAKFACE IG POST.  It's a good reminder to have the contact info for Hasbro Customer Care on hand if you have serious issues with your Razor Crest.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 15, 2022, 10:47 AM »
I actually could have gotten mine a few minutes ago if I had opted for home delivery.  I just had another FedEx shipment arrive at my house.  I'm waiting for the Razor Crest to turn up at my local FedEx / Kinko's location some time today.

It was probably on that truck.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 15, 2022, 12:42 PM »
Heads up - it seems that some people have had breakage issues with the landing gear doors.  Check out THIS YAKFACE IG POST.  It's a good reminder to have the contact info for Hasbro Customer Care on hand if you have serious issues with your Razor Crest.

Good idea! On my Razor Crest, the rear/main landing gear doors were tricky to get open at first. I wound up carefully inserting a small pocket knife blade into the seam and gently pried them open without issue. I’ve not pulled off many of the other panels so far and have yet to try opening the escape pod and tail gun parts… Just so much to do with this model!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #560 on: February 15, 2022, 11:24 PM »
Got my Razor Crest today and opened it up.  Only played around with it a little bit tonight, going to spend some more time with it tomorrow trying to get all those guns and bags in the right spots.

One question for those that have opened theirs -  on the side entry ramp - how the heck do you pull out the bottom part?  Mine doesn't seem to slide down at all, like the smaller ramp is permanently stuck inside the main ramp.  In the Hasbro video and still photos, it looks like it should extend but mine seems stuck in place.  So strange...

On a positive note, my landing gear hatches seem OK.  I can see how they'd be easy to break if you tried to force them open too far.  Definitely something to watch out for.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #561 on: February 16, 2022, 12:25 AM »
Jeff - there should be a small notch in the main ramp with a tab slightly protruding up in the extension. Pulling down and away on that tab should extend the ramp.

I opened my Razor Crest yesterday and had a lot of issues getting many of the panels to open up. Many felt almost glued into place but were really just tight fits. I had of all things an IG-11 rifle handy to help pry open at the notches for the panels. Thankfully nothing broke but I am left wondering what caused this. Could it be related to the Razor Crests sitting on boats for who knows how long and weather conditions playing a factor? If so, what does that mean for all of the pre orders that haven’t come thru yet?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #562 on: February 16, 2022, 01:52 AM »
I got mine Monday, but as someone noted, I have to enjoy it being a stand to put a car’s gas tank on that I’m fixing… long story.  So I haven’t even opened it. Can’t have nice things. 🤦‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #563 on: February 16, 2022, 08:53 AM »
Jeff - there should be a small notch in the main ramp with a tab slightly protruding up in the extension. Pulling down and away on that tab should extend the ramp.

I have pulled, I have pried, I have tried to stick a mini flat-head screwdriver in there to coax the bottom ramp out of the large ramp but no dice.  I'm wondering if some stray epoxy got in there or something because that little bastard will not budge from his snug nest inside the main ramp.   :-\

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 16, 2022, 09:39 AM »

I have pulled, I have pried, I have tried to stick a mini flat-head screwdriver in there to coax the bottom ramp out of the large ramp but no dice.  I'm wondering if some stray epoxy got in there or something because that little bastard will not budge from his snug nest inside the main ramp.   :-\

Have you tried heating it up with a hair dryer to loosen the plastic, then pulling or prying?  The heat tends to make the plastic a little more forgiving without hurting the sculpt or the paint.  I haven't opened mine yet, but starting to get nervous about all the panel issues.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 16, 2022, 11:09 AM »

Have you tried heating it up with a hair dryer to loosen the plastic, then pulling or prying?  The heat tends to make the plastic a little more forgiving without hurting the sculpt or the paint.  I haven't opened mine yet, but starting to get nervous about all the panel issues.

Alternatively, have you tried asking Moff Gideon to blast it from orbit?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 16, 2022, 11:10 AM »
I noted in my review that some of the panels are tough to get off at first.  I didn't have an issue with the ramp, but I could see it having the same problem.  Once you get the panels off or the ramp moving, you shouldn't have too much of a problem going forward.

Alternatively, have you tried asking Moff Gideon to blast it from orbit?

Too soon dude.....too soon.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 11:11 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 16, 2022, 01:05 PM »
I'm finding that a a lego brick seperator is working for some of the stiff panels. It's a pretty harmless tool that can apply force without much impact.
Macklunkey!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #568 on: February 16, 2022, 07:25 PM »

Thank you Justin for telling me to treat it like a stuck ball joint - I don't know why I didn't think of that.

I grabbed my wife's hair dryer and blasted the ramp, mostly at the end where the smaller ramp comes out.  After a little heat and a little tugging, it popped right out (#thatswhatshesaid)!

At the next MN Meet-up, I will be buying you a beer for your assist in unstucking my ramp. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 16, 2022, 09:41 PM »
Got mine yesterday, finally got to open it today. Like others have said….wow. Looks so great, so much detail. No idea where I’m going to put it, but I am a big fan of the stand. Kinda wish they made ones like that for other vehicles. That weapons locker though….oy.