Author Topic: 2021 TVC Wave 3 (New TVC Wave 18)  (Read 16543 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 TVC Wave 3? TBD
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2020, 02:58 PM »
Amazon was pretty straight forward for placing my order. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2020, 03:23 PM »
Yeah I just did that too.  Anything with free shipping gets my order... sorry EE.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2020, 03:39 PM »
I misread the earlier post and thought it was sold out at Amazon as well.  No big Deal....EE's never let me down.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 12:08 PM »
Yikes.  Amazon has him listed for $20 for the pre-order.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 01:02 PM »
Amazon has him listed for $20 for the pre-order.

I have noticed that they are playing the "hike the price when supply is low" game again with some TVC stuff.  Fett went from $12.99 to $19.99 this weekend. 

TVC Commander Wolffe went from $12.99 to $17.99 and now back down to $15.99 over the course of the weekend.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2020, 01:12 PM »
I wonder what would happen if you ordered it at $20.  Would they automatically give you a price break later?

I've pre-ordered things from them in the past and they sometimes will automatically give you price breaks while the order is still unfulfilled to try and have a better "market rate".

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2020, 05:31 PM »
When I ordered Boba Fett on Amazon it was $12.99.  And I saw on the order page something about a preorder price guarantee.  But I can’t find the information on that now.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 05:32 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2020, 08:21 AM »
Saw this on Twitter (source: anerdydad via Yakface.com).  Probably being "officially" revealed at today's Fan First Friday Star Wars livestream (10:30am CT).

Ugh.  Putting Takeel on a Zutton card.  Hope they still have time to make that right.   :-[

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2020, 09:44 AM »
I’ll be curious to see how the paint on this compares to the original release.  Not sure if this is something Yakface put together or if it’s a real image, but even the two examples here look like they have quite different paint jobs.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2020, 10:44 AM »
How much more evidence do we need that there are no Star Wars fans on the current Star Wars team? The irony is they are all "made up after the fact" names, except Zutton who is called by name by Bea Arthur in the Holiday Special.

Agree, hopefully they have time to change it to Takeel or Snaggletooth before the release.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2020, 12:11 PM »

Ugh.  Putting Takeel on a Zutton card.  Hope they still have time to make that right.   :-[

Agreed. I don't understand this move.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2020, 02:17 PM »
How much more evidence do we need that there are no Star Wars fans on the current Star Wars team?

Just watch the livestreams.  Sometimes I wonder if they've even watched any of the movies.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2020, 02:26 PM »
They done ****** up A A Ron.😐
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2020, 09:20 AM »
Keeping these Snivvians straight seems like a full time job!

I went back to watch the Cantina scene from the Holiday special based on what Muftak said.  And Bea Arthur does call that particular Snivvian Zutton.  I had seen someone elsewhere identify that Snivvian as Zutmore.  And then there's Takeel! 

Looking through some screencaps of the Cantina scene in ANH it looks like there could be more than one Snivvian in the Cantina.  One of the clearest shots I found in checking out some screencaps is a Snivvian facing camera when Wuher is telling Luke that the droids have to leave.  And there's also a shot of a Snivvian sitting by Han & Chewbacca's booth when the Sandtroopers go to check things out.  Both of them look like they're hunchbacks, but the first one seems to have thicker hair than the other.  And Wookieepedia identifies a Snivvian seen on the streets of Mos Eisley (after Luke sells his speeder) as Zutton, the one sitting near Han & Chewie's booth as Takeel.  And the Snivvian who was featured on the vintage Kenner card as Snaggletooth and released as a POTJ figure as Zutton was identified as Zutmore in the Star Wars Insider.  I can only find that one in the Holiday Special.  Oh!  And there's another one in the Richard Pryor Star Wars bar sketch that seemed like it had official help from Lucasfilm - and I'm not touching what he called that Snivvian!!!

Is it me, or is this just exhausting?  Because we start getting into that "What's canon and what's not canon?" kind of conversation that just starts going around in circles.  And based on all of that confusion, I'm not going to take Hasbro to task on this one.  Lucasfilm had to sign off on the name.  And it seems like it's been a mess keeping the names of these characters straight for quite some time.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 09:46 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2020, 11:20 PM »

According to this image there's 2 of em, one with full hair and the other one is balding. The holiday special character just throws more confusion into it.