Author Topic: 2021 TVC Wave 4 (New TVC Wave 19)  (Read 10709 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 TVC Wave 4 (New TVC Wave 19)
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2021, 03:42 PM »
I'm guessing that the secrecy over the remaining two figures might have to do with the details.  In this case perhaps Echo isn't going to be the ARC Trooper version we've seen, but rather his look in The Bad Batch?  And there's also the possibility that there's going to be a reveal in conjunction with May the Fourth - it's basically Star Wars Day, plus it's the day that The Bad Batch debuts on Disney+.

Yeah, I guess maybe the Echo thing does tie into Bad Batch so maybe that's why.  Just seems strange they'd reveal all of Wave 20 and part of Wave 21 before finishing the reveals for Wave 19.

Another weird scheduling thing...but why are IG-11 and Lando still not available for preorder (unless I missed it) when everything else they announce is available to order pretty much immediately?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 03:54 PM »
The trailer already released for Bad Batch where you can see Echo in his new getup...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2021, 04:01 PM »
If that's the case, holding it back is probably more to do with a promotional tie-in.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2021, 10:03 AM »
I'm guessing that the secrecy over the remaining two figures might have to do with the details.  In this case perhaps Echo isn't going to be the ARC Trooper version we've seen, but rather his look in The Bad Batch?  And there's also the possibility that there's going to be a reveal in conjunction with May the Fourth - it's basically Star Wars Day, plus it's the day that The Bad Batch debuts on Disney+.

So you honestly think they're going with an entire new sculpt of a figure when they have a popular figure from a multi-pack they can just single card.  Also TVC hasn't gotten a single member of the Bad Batch?

When you dream, you dream in color my friend!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 11:04 AM »
New sculpt or not, Echo ties into the Bad Batch. And Hasbro will almost certainly have something new to show for May the Fourth.  Tying figure releases or announcements into a big promotional event like May the Fourth is marketing 101. 

We also have to consider whether or not Hasbro is going to make any 3.75” figures from The Bad Batch.  The 6” figures have already been revealed.  And it’s worth mentioning that this is the first show to launch since Hasbro said that 5 POA figures are going “into the vault”.  Outside of The Mandalorian and Clone Wars season 7, The Bad Batch is the next original Star Wars series on Disney Plus.  All of the 3.75” figures from those two series have been Vintage Collection releases.  That’s not an insignificant trend. 

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: May 4, 2021, 11:09 AM »
TVC Echo and Offworld Jawa pre-order coming up tomorrow 5/5 at 1pm ET...  all major retailers.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2021, 11:15 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 4, 2021, 11:49 AM »
My hopes of a Bad Batch Echo were dashed.  But I think Hasbro will get to that in time.

The telling comment is that Hasbro is basically issuing all of the ARC Troopers from the 3-pack on mainline cards.  I've been tempted to open up the 3-pack, but I'm going to leave it packaged.  We now know that version of Echo is being released in the mainline, and it seems like eventually Hasbro will release Jesse that way, too.

Glad to see the Offworld Jawa!  I am definitely going to be buying several.  It's great to see Hasbro using softgoods for this figure.  The number of accessories is amazing - 3 blasters, a bandolier and the Soogah egg?  Nice!

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: May 4, 2021, 11:51 AM »
Snips from the live-stream -

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: May 4, 2021, 12:30 PM »
Glad to see the Offworld Jawa!  I am definitely going to be buying several.  It's great to see Hasbro using softgoods for this figure.  The number of accessories is amazing - 3 blasters, a bandolier and the Soogah egg?  Nice!

To clarify (since someone asked on Twitter)

Basic Release = TVC Offworld Jawa
Razor Crest pack-in = TVC Offworld Jawa Elder (basic Offworld Jawa plus extra necklace, knife, open sooga egg)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 4, 2021, 12:45 PM »

To clarify (since someone asked on Twitter)

Basic Release = TVC Offworld Jawa
Razor Crest pack-in = TVC Offworld Jawa Elder (basic Offworld Jawa plus extra necklace, knife, open sooga egg)

It's good to see those distinctions.  The potential for Haslab backers to wonder about just how exclusive the sweetener figures are is a consideration to keep in mind.

I am glad to see the Soogah egg coming intact with the mainline release.  But releasing the egg brings you to a world-building question for the Vintage Collection - when is the current TVC line going to explore creatures?  The Mudhorn from The Mandalorian has gained more significance, especially because of the signet.  And there are existing creature toys that are potential fodder for re-release, like the Legacy Collection Dewback (a decent candidate), and the Bantha (not such a good candidate because it needs work).

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 4, 2021, 01:04 PM »
And Echo is from the 3-pack yeah?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 4, 2021, 01:32 PM »
Carded collectors will probably like the Echo.  That image is really nice.

Glad to see the Offworld Jawa.  Might keep my Jawa Elder carded now.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: May 5, 2021, 01:05 PM »
« Last Edit: May 5, 2021, 01:07 PM by Jeff »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 5, 2021, 01:07 PM »
That link is just taking me to the main page?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 5, 2021, 01:27 PM »
Worked for me.
This is the way.

I have spoken.