Author Topic: Who Were Your “Buzz and Woody”?  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Who Were Your “Buzz and Woody”?
« on: November 28, 2020, 05:42 PM »
I have to credit our very own Scott (OCB), who posted in a thread years ago that the vintage Hoth Han Solo and Bespin Luke Skywalker (if I an remembering correctly) were his own “Buzz and Woody”, meaning the toys that he took with him everywhere. That always stuck with me as an excellent example of what many of us feel about certain toys growing up. Were there any specific go-to figures for you growing up?

For me, it was probably a few examples. In Star Wars it was definitely my Chewbacca, Endor Han Solo, and Jedi Luke Skywalker. Any combination of 2-3 of these were always in an adventure, and were most definitely my most played with SW figures.

Other examples: MEGO Spider-Man. My only MEGO figure (their heyday was slightly before my time), but the first action figure I remember, and was with me constantly. I remember being so bummed when one of his legs broke at the knee, and we super glued it, but with the cloth costume covered it so you really couldn’t tell. Sadly, it is one of the few childhood toys that I just can’t find now. Bums me out.

I also had many an adventure with 1985 Snake Eyes and 1983 Duke from GI Joe. Duke was my very first Joe, and that Snake Eyes is the figure I remember searching for the most in my childhood. Loved that figure so much.

Outside of action figures I’d have to mention a small plush Snoopy that I drug around a lot as a kiddo, always had a spot of Snoopy and the Peanuts world.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: Who Were Your “Buzz and Woody”?
« Reply #1 on: December 1, 2020, 10:00 AM »
Cool question.

From Star Wars, it was Besin Han and Bespin Luke.

Once I graduated on to Joes, it was Flint, General Hawk v2, Dialtone, and Mainframe.

That was my toy world as a kid and I didn't really venture outside that much unless it was die cast jet fighters.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 1, 2020, 10:17 AM »
Mine were the Sandspeeder and Tatooine Luke.  I brought those toys everywhere.

My Sandspeeder is totally scuffed from hours on the driveway and at the playground.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: December 1, 2020, 11:52 AM »
Farmboy Luke and Small Head Han.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 2, 2020, 03:30 PM »
Probably Kenner Batman: TAS Batman and Toy Biz Spider-Man TAS Spidey. Other potential candidates include Toy Biz Tiger Stripe Wolverine, POTF2 Pilot Luke, and POTF2 Vader.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: December 2, 2020, 07:31 PM »
Airborne, Firefly
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: December 2, 2020, 07:34 PM »
Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 3, 2020, 10:06 AM »
One other pair I forgot to mention, Super Powers Batman and Robin. Really enjoyed that line as well.