Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353844 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1110 on: March 17, 2009, 02:54 PM »
Is Luminara new?  Pretty sure I already have a SBD as well.

Luminara is new and I'm pretty sure the SBD has a new 'rocket launcher' arm.
Yup.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the articulation.  Sure it allows Hasbro to simply put on a new arm as opposed to molding a whole new SBD, but I think it makes them too flimsy.  These are aimed at kids as young as 3, right?  And yeah, the bendy legs that keep Padme from standing are bad.  Little kids have a hard time positioning toys exactly the way they want, developing motor skills and all that, so a figure that an adult has to struggle with to stand isn't such a good fit.
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 17, 2009, 02:57 PM »
Yeah, I think I could care less how much articulation these things have as well.  If the arms move, that's fine, but I can't say I'd notice that much either way.  Our daughter has really taken to these (and the Marvel ones), and her favorite thing is to take them out of a shoebox sized rubbermaid one at a time and stand them up on the coffee table.  The sturdier they are from that aspect, the better as far as I'm concerned.  I have to say she hasn't really had much trouble with any of the Star Wars ones we have, but I'm in the boat that I'd just as soon have some nice, solid little figures she can play with/stand without too much trouble.  A little bit of articulation is fine and good - as long as its solid and safe, but if people really need more than standard stuff there is always the basic figures.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 02:58 PM by Brian »

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 17, 2009, 10:28 PM »
I saw the AT-AT set at a couple of Targets today.  Strangely, no signs of the new 2 packs at Target yet (at least locally).

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 18, 2009, 09:45 AM »
I saw the AT-AT set at a couple of Targets today.  Strangely, no signs of the new 2 packs at Target yet (at least locally).

The $40 AT-AT is out now? Or are you talking about something else?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 18, 2009, 10:45 AM »
Perhaps he means the AT-AT Driver/General Veers set that's been re-released to go with the upcoming AT-AT?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 18, 2009, 10:51 AM »
I thought that the AT-AT set had been pushed back (to next year?), unless Hasbro is planning another "surprise" release.  I thought that it was learned at Toy Fair that they "couldn't find room" for it this year, or something like that.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 18, 2009, 10:59 AM »
Is it April Fool's Day already?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 18, 2009, 11:28 AM »

If you're seeing the AT-AT Driver 2-pack, you probably are seeing "signs" of the new 2-packs... and you simply got there after they were snatched up.  The Driver ships in the Wave 5 - Rev 0 case that stores are getting now (and hasn't been in any other cases that I can remember lately). 

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 18, 2009, 11:51 AM »

Oops, my apologies.  I got ahead of myself.  I meant to say Snowspeeder set.  Dang, what was I thinking...

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 23, 2009, 03:27 PM »
Has anybody else had the cashier at Wal-mart receive a weird prompt from his machine to inspect the new Cinema Scenes when ringing them up?  I got this at both Wal-Marts where I found the latest sets.  My best guess is that collectors were over-labelling expensive 3.75 ships' UPCs with similar Galactic Hero UPCs (probably a bunch of BMF Falcons ringing up as the $30 GH Wal-Mart Falcon). 

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 27, 2009, 06:12 PM »
Doing some catching up, picked up the Obi/Cody, Ventress/Dooku, and Anakin/Blue Clone Trooper sets at Target. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 11, 2009, 05:22 PM »
Been seeing the Dagobah X-Wing set around, now with complete cardboard swamp muck covering the entire ship.....I don't quite remember mine having that.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 11, 2009, 06:43 PM »
That's what I saw this morning at Target.  I don't remember seeing that previously either.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1123 on: April 12, 2009, 12:37 PM »
Me boyos got the Snowspeeder and new X-wing set this morning, the Snowspeeder is top notch GH goodness

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 25, 2009, 08:12 PM »
Doing some catching up - picked up the Super Battle Droid/Luminara Unduli and Clone Trooper/Mace Windu sets at Target.