Community > The Bullpen

Marvel Legends Haslab - Ghost Rider's Engine of Vengeance

(1/6) > >>

Jeff:
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/marvel-legends-haslab-engine-of-vengeance - $349.99, needs 9k backers by 11:59pm ET Halloween night - 10/31

- Engine of Vengeance vehicle inspired by the supernatural muscle car in Marvel Comics All-New Ghost Rider (2014)
- Premium 1:12 scale car design measuring approximately 18.5 inches long, 7.5 inches wide, and 5.5 inches tall
- Vehicle fully equipped with 20 LEDs for scorching Hellfire light-up effects in tires, engine, grill, tailpipes, and driver's seat headrest (requires 3 AA batteries, not included)
- 6 flame trail effect pieces for tires and tailpipes
- 2 Brimstone Risers for dynamic car display
- 4 interchangeable tires and 1 additional engine to convert Engine of Vengeance from Hellfire Mode to Street Mode
- Exclusive Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider 6-inch scale figure with comic-inspired accessories, including real metal chain

Early Bird:
- If the HasLab Marvel Legends Engine of Vengeance campaign reaches its minimum goal of 9,000 backers before 11:59 PM ET on September 23, 2022, all project backers before the campaign ends on October 31, 2022 will receive the exclusive Marvel Legends Robbie Reyes Human-Form 6-Inch scale figure.

McMetal:
I think some people are going to love this, but I wonder how large that segment of fandom is who will back this. I was a huge Ghost Rider fan as a kid, but this doesn’t resonate with me at all really. The HISS Tank was so much more interesting. But I hope it works out for those who really want it.

Jeff:
3,883 Backers so far (just under three days into the campaign). 

I'm going to resist the HISS comparison because apples/oranges (I doubt anyone is army building this car), but I have to admit this is going a little slower than I expected.  At the current pace, it's going to be very close on hitting that early bird unlock by 9/23.

Nicklab:
The Early Bird concept is still kind of new, and I think it benefited the HISS campaign.  Will it work here?  I don't know.  The GI Joe fanbase and Marvel Legends collectors are a different sort.

Historically the Marvel Haslabs have done really well.  Between the Sentinel and Galactus, those two campaigns garnered a lot of attention.  And the Marvel team was really engaged with the backers and offering some great stretch goals.

But honestly?  I think that launching this during Hasbro Pulse Con might have been the way to go.  It's a big event for all of the Hasbro lines.

McMetal:
Someone pointed out that it is also a lot to ask Marvel fans to shell out all the dough for this while they are still diddling around with Galactus. Getting a little irked there have not been more updates about this lately, or ever really.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version