Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 358567 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #1545 on: April 4, 2007, 04:00 PM »
Could one of these could be for Celebration Europe?

From what I have heard Gentle Giant isn't going to be at Cele. Europe, so I doubt there will be a gentle giant exclusive there. 

Closest thing to it would be the Bly at Forbidden Plant but that sounds like it may go on sale online maybe/hopefully.  I need to sign up to get their news letter and see if helps in getting Bly.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2007, 04:02 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 4, 2007, 04:05 PM »
Thanks Tom,
so then the actual available edition sizes are down by 500 each for the commanders.  Ouch.  Guess I better win the raffle on those :-X

Are they raffling off 500 of each individual bust after each convention and THEN having the 5-pack, or are they only doing the 5 pack?

If it's the first way, there might be a full 1,000 fewer than the edition sizes at each convention.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: April 4, 2007, 05:38 PM »
Not good.  Especially with the edition size of Commander Neyo.  That one is in blue Clone Trooper territory as far as the edition size goes.

What I'm wondering is how many of the Codys and Grees might go on sale after the 5-packs ship.  The secondary market could wind up flooded with those, and they may have little or no trade value relative to the other Clone Commanders with smaller runs.

But I'm pleasantly surprised to see that I'll have a shot at two of the mini-busts as a convention attendee.  I'll at least be able to make it to C4 for Commander Gree and the Baltimore Comic Con for Commander Bacara.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2007, 06:47 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 4, 2007, 07:57 PM »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: April 4, 2007, 08:19 PM »
Hey Nick, no problem if they're spoken for, but now I'm looking for someone who will be at the Baltimore Con - if you have an extra Bacarra, I'll take it off your hands. :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: April 4, 2007, 10:19 PM »
Vulture :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: April 4, 2007, 10:39 PM »
He certainly swooped in there, didn't he Brent?  ;D

After reading through the conditions on the GG blog, I don't know if I'm going to be able to score more than the one.  And I'm going to be working like a fiend to make sure that I can secure the attendee pre-order.  I don't want to have to be on line at a con that's over 3 hours away first thing in the morning.

I do like that they're offering a few different avenues for each of these Clone Commanders though.  Think about the options:

-Attendee pre-order
-Attendee first come, first served
-Premier Guild member raffle
-Clone Commander 5-pack

This makes things a lot easier than they were at C3 in 2005.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: April 4, 2007, 11:26 PM »
I thought twice before asking, but I figured it wouldn't hurt. :)

No big deal either way - I'm not terribly worried about finding the US ones - it's just those damn international ones that are going to suck for anyone who doesn't win the raffle.   :-\

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1553 on: April 5, 2007, 08:31 AM »
Gentle Giant World Tour

Gentle Giant World Tour

Gentle Giant is happy to finally announce the Baltimore Comic-Con in Baltimore, Maryland, as the location of the 5th show for the Gentle Giant World Tour. With our ever expanding collector base we felt we couldn’t forget those on the east coast and are excited to have the opportunity to have Baltimore as our final stop around the globe. You may be wondering “Why Baltimore?” well we’ve added one additional way to add Commander Bacara to your collection…Read On…

Here is the final list of the World Tour with dates, location:

Event #1 -- Star Wars Celebration IV (Los Angeles, CA): May 24-28th
Commander Gree mini bust

- Pre-Order for Convention Pick-Up

- First-Come, First-Serve Purchase at Convention

- Raffle Purchase through GentleGiantLtd.com for Gentle Giant Premiere Guild after the Convention

Event #2 -- Gentle Giant @ Blister Event (Tokyo, Japan): June 16
Commander Neyo mini bust

- Blister will be releasing information on the distribution of the exclusive at the Event

- Raffle Purchase through GentleGiantLtd.com for Gentle Giant Premiere Guild after the Event

Event #3 -- Gentle Giant @ Forbidden Planet Event (London, England): July 12
Commander Bly mini bust

- Forbidden Planet will be releasing information on the distribution of the exclusive at the Event

- Raffle Purchase through GentleGiantLtd.com for Gentle Giant Premiere Guild after the Event

Event #4 -- San Diego Comic-Con (San Diego, CA) : July 26th – 29th
Commander Cody mini bust

- Raffle Purchase through GentleGiantLtd.com for Gentle Giant Premiere Guild after the Convention

Event #5 – Baltimore Comic-Con (Baltimore, MD) : September 8th and 9th
Commander Bacara mini bust

- In conjunction with Diamond Comic Distributors 2007 Retailer Summit, we are offering up a quantity of Commander Bacara to retailers at a discounted price for their customers who are not able to make the trek out to Baltimore for the convention. For interested retailers please contact Baltimore Comic-Con for more information.

We feel the above combined methods give collectors the best and most opportunities to purchase the exclusives of their choice. But as a last chance opportunity, we are excited to offer up a Clone Commander 5-pack to the Gentle Giant Premiere Guild. We are making only 500 of these 5-packs and they will be available only through our website via the Raffle Purchase process in November. Each of the Commanders in the pack will be matching edition numbers.

As we first announced, along with the Clone Commanders we will also have two pieces that will travel the world as our World Tour Exclusives:

Star Wars Animated Yoda and R2-D2 Maquette

Star Wars Bust-Ups Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise 2-pack

Offline DsDuDe9

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Gentle Giant Petition
« Reply #1554 on: April 6, 2007, 01:43 PM »
We've already got this started over at REBELSCUM. Heres is a The link We need everybody's support for this to work!

[glow=PLEASE SIGN!][/glow]

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Petition
« Reply #1555 on: April 6, 2007, 04:26 PM »
We've already got this started over at REBELSCUM. Heres is a The link We need everybody's support for this to work!

[glow=PLEASE SIGN!][/glow]

Jim Ward doesn't like petitions.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: April 10, 2007, 01:14 AM »
Dam Movies were only made over here, so what the hell was I thinking that we might be the fifth location >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Guess Australia doesnt rank as a part of the world yet only England,Japan and America and then you lovely yanks take up 60% of the world too apparently !!!

NOT HAPPY JAN !!!!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: April 12, 2007, 02:53 PM »
I managed to secure a AFX Clone bust this week.  THj on Rebelscum was canceling his order and I managed to get in touch with him fast enough to have him just change the mailing address to mine.  So I'll get it for cost.

Whoo hoo.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: April 13, 2007, 02:42 AM »
For anyone on the fence about the Luke Jedi mini bust.

This was taken from Mousedroid.coms forum
They really look great together and you can tell they are the same person just aged abit more.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: April 14, 2007, 09:46 PM »
I managed to secure a AFX Clone bust this week.  THj on Rebelscum was canceling his order and I managed to get in touch with him fast enough to have him just change the mailing address to mine.  So I'll get it for cost.

Whoo hoo.

Nice score. When does this ship again? May right?
I remember my dream now.