Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 591758 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2895 on: May 4, 2006, 08:39 AM »
The main difference over there is that we don't have a forum... yet.

Are you implying that Yakface is finally gonna have their very own message boards in the near future?

I hope so, because I don't think there are nearly enough SW-related message boards out there right now.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: May 8, 2006, 12:52 PM »

Are you implying that Yakface is finally gonna have their very own message boards in the near future?

I hope so, because I don't think there are nearly enough SW-related message boards out there right now.

:) :D ;D
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline soggybottomboy2469

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: May 11, 2006, 11:56 AM »
BOYCOTT Rebelscum and TheForce.net - THEY SUCK!!!!

SUPPORT JediDefender.com!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
bkweikert@earthlink.net

GO IRISH!!!
Star Wars minis rule...1006 and counting!
BOYCOTT Rebelscum...SUPPORT JediDefender.com

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2898 on: May 11, 2006, 04:20 PM »
Ummmm....yeah.

As far as Yakface getting their own forum that's actually pretty cool news.  I think that's about the only thing missing from that site, I bet they could get a pretty good community going.

I doubt I'd join up over there, hell, I barely have the time to post over here anymore.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: May 11, 2006, 04:41 PM »
But we looooooove you, Mr. Fury. :-*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: How Do You Spell "Fun"? Fan Club President.
« Reply #2900 on: May 14, 2006, 07:32 AM »
I can't believe they are going so far as sending Dustin down here to Dallas this weekend to sell subscriptions at Phillip's convention!

Late reply here, I know, but I haven't made a peep in this thread throughout it's duration, despite my thorough detesting of Dustin (and Phillip).  Please forgive any redundancy by me in here as well, as I haven't really followed this thread in ages, and am replying without catching up on most of the responses herein...  Anyway, what's ludicrous about Phillip bringing Dustin all the way down to Dallas to work that show and to try to bribe people with those free $30 posters for a crappy Hyperspace membership, is that this whole thing is SUPPOSEDLY just to win a free trip to San Diego Comic Con.  Completely ridiculous, considering Dustin could very well be working for Official Pix at SDCC anyway, if he'd like to (on Phillip's dime too, probably).  Chauffering Dustin all the way down to Dallas really helps illustrate how incredibly desperate Phillip is to land the Fan Club President title for his websites.  Kinda makes you wonder what evil plans Phillip actually has brewing if he (via Dustin) actually manages to win this thing.  But remember, they're just doing this for "FUN", right?  Phhhttht.  Anyone who actually believes that bull**** that Phillip and Dustin are spewing would have to be the biggest idiot on the planet.  You can damn well bet that Phillip wants that Fan Club President title attached to his website(s) more than anything in the world right now, and all the hours they're pouring into scouring the internet for referrals and advertising partners (why haven't they contacted us yet?), and the fact that he and Dustin have turned RS into nothing more than a giant campaign tool, really shows it.  I'm sure Dustin's over-inflated ego wouldn't mind the (supposedly ceremonial) title either.  Not about the "fun" at all, that's for damned sure.  Greed, power and ego, more like.

I swear to God, it won't surprise me in the slightest little bit to see Phillip buy some 80+ subscriptions in the next day or two to miraculously pull the victory off.  He's probably got a long list of recipients all ready to go, and is just waiting 'til the last minute to see how many he actually needs to purchase to buy off the Fan Club President title for his sites (note, not for Dustin).

Besides, who would want some prick like Dustin running the Star Wars Fan Club who would wind up banning any and all members who may also be interested in Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica (for example), or worse yet, if they're actually members of their Fan Clubs too?!  Pretty sure any support of, or participation in, any competing Sci-Fi franchises would be immediate grounds for a permanent banning of any such people from the Star Wars Fan Club, if Dustin was running the thing.  Yeah, that's exactly the kind of person we want in charge of our favorite hobby, no doubt.  If they do manage to pull buy off the miracle, I'd fully expect everyone here at JD (and maybe even GH) to suddenly, mysteriously, start having all kinds of problems with their Hyperspace/Insider subscriptions, and maybe even their SWS.com orders...  ::)

Phillip and Dustin are just way too greedy, petty, power-hungry, unprofessional, insecure, deceitful, authoritative, disrespectful, and "un-fanlike" to warrant them any involvement with the Fan Club in any official capacity whatsoever.  It's disgusting enough to see what a big (and growing) piece of the Star Wars pie Phillip is constantly getting his greedy grubby mitts into.  Even if he doesn't buy the Fan Club Presidency off this time, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it somehow fall under his control someday.  I absolutely dread the thought.

It would have been nicer if Dustin had come in and addressed his old E-mail instead of the OSWCC Public Relations Officer...

Actually, when Dustin started summarily and inexplicably banning any JD affiliated people from the 'Scum boards (staff and forum members alike), he specifically stated to me that he has NEVER, EVER clicked onto the JediDefender website - be it our news page, forums, or anything else, and never will.  So I'm quite sure he's not enjoying reading this thread, and not getting upset by the comments herein, and not sending people to respond in here on his behalf.  Just like when Greg(g) didn't get upset when Scot(t) outted his goofy ass picture and high-school (not "30-something") identity in here...  :P

Oddly enough, I was banned from Rebelscum about a minute and a half after my "Dustin is nothing more than Phillip Wise's Rick McCallum" comment over here about a year ago.  Yeah, I'm sure Dustin didn't read that either, and that the timing of my banning was pure coincidence.  Heh.

In closing, I'd just like to say:  Go uscwannabe!  Whoever you are, you couldn't possibly be a less worthy candidate for the Fan Club President than Phillip Dustin.  But hurry up everyone and get your subscriptions in for Phillip/Dustin's main competition, 'cause so far, I'd have to say I'm completely disappointed in your totally underwhelming support for him so far...  :-X

- Matt
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 09:22 AM by JediMAC »

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: May 15, 2006, 09:35 AM »
Well said Matt, well said.

Amen brutha!

Thank you!

bkweikert@earthlink.net

GO IRISH!!!

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2902 on: May 20, 2006, 06:18 PM »
I split all the video game talk into this thread.

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: May 26, 2006, 01:08 AM »
Can you say Election 06 Scandal!!?!?!?!?!?

They must have run out of fingers and toes on DR and PW to count how many subscriptions they needed to win.

LOL!

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo Rebelscum & TheForce.Net

bkweikert@earthlink.net

GO IRISH!!!

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: May 26, 2006, 10:50 AM »

I've been wanting a Yakface forum for about a year now...it would rock if they made one! :D
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2905 on: June 13, 2006, 06:04 PM »
EDIT:

OK Grammy Tarkin found the link...  Mine was a dead-end to another thread completely for some reason and I couldn't find the original story actually, so thanks for the link.  Saves the ugly copy/paste job. :)

But yeah, that's just a classic exchange between KitKatFlimFlam and Dustin right there...

Welcome to the party numbnuts.  Enjoy your time-out. :)

I guess Rebelscum's loss is GalacticHunter's misery.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:41 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2906 on: June 13, 2006, 06:31 PM »
OK, so the link's completely gone but thankfully the exchange was saved for our reading pleasure...  And as I said, if you can't laugh at this, you have no soul!  ;D

This is all swept under the rug now, but man it's funny...

???

Heroes and Villans Collection is GAY, Hasbro!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:32 PM by Grandma Tarkin »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: June 13, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Haha, welcome to the party numbnuts. :)  Apparantly someone needed a time-out.  Man that's a classic and always will be.

No wonder Mr. Kenobi showed up at GH yesterday...... ::)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: June 13, 2006, 06:38 PM »
OK, so the link's completely gone but thankfully the exchange was saved for our reading pleasure...  And as I said, if you can't laugh at this, you have no soul!  ;D

This is all swept under the rug now, but man it's funny...

???

Heroes and Villans Collection is GAY, Hasbro!

Laughed my ass of at that, mainly the topic title. Who thought up that piece of wit, a third grader?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2909 on: June 13, 2006, 06:46 PM »
Haha, welcome to the party numbnuts. :)  Apparantly someone needed a time-out.  Man that's a classic and always will be.

No wonder Mr. Kenobi showed up at GH yesterday...... ::)

GH has always been a place he runs to when annoyed by what he called "noobs" at Rebelscum (comical from someone so new himself, and who annoyed practically anyone with more time than he had accumulated), or when apparantly Scum tired of him enough themselves and spanked him.  That's just great though...

Though I gotta say, Dustin showing disappointment in anything he says is like saying you're angry with Osama Bin Laden's behavior lately...  I mean, come on, the guy made an art out of being a forum peckerhead.  Goes to show all the more they pay attention to what's festering over there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77