Author Topic: The Mandalorian (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 183243 times)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: The Mandalorian (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2019, 08:23 PM »
And lastly please tell me baby Yoda is right around the corner in toy form. 6" and or 3.75"
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2019, 11:35 PM »
I want a baby Yoda. More than is probably reasonable.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2019, 11:43 PM »
I am completely loving this show.  I like how the Mandalorian ends up in fights that have him outmatched, yet he finds a way to win.

I have spoken.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2019, 12:09 AM »
And lastly please tell me baby Yoda is right around the corner in toy form. 6" and or 3.75"

Baby Yoda should be the hottest toy of the holidays if LFL would get their act together. After 4 episodes by the time of Black Friday, secrecy will no longer be needed.

What is needed, is Baby Yoda Tots everywhere!! 😁😁
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2019, 11:55 AM »
I echo the sentiments about the need for a Baby Yoda ;)

But I loved the fight with the Jawas on the sandcrawler in Friday’s episode and then the later scene where all the Jawas were chanting “The Egg!” as the crawler moved along - it was just hilarious in a good way!  And awesome that Baby Yoda demonstrated it has force powers 8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2019, 01:48 PM »
I'm into these two episodes, but what's up with the 30-40 minute run times?

I thought this was going to be a big expensive deep-dive into live-action Star Wars for TV / Streaming, but it looks like it's going to basically be a 4 to 5 hour movie broken into chunks.  I've been trying to stay away from reading about it, but do we know if they're planning multiple seasons for this or is it just a mini-series?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 01:49 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2019, 02:25 PM »
So am I the only one who found the Mandalorian fighting a Sandcrawler full of Jawas to be just amazing?  That was fantastic.  And then fighting the shaggy Reek looking thing and getting its egg?  Just to barter for the parts for his own ship?  It was a great story.  And getting the baby Yoda into the mix with an impressive display of Force abilities was just icing on the cake.

As for the series?  They're already working on season 2.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2019, 03:09 PM »
As for the series?  They're already working on season 2.

Okay awesome, good to know.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2019, 03:25 PM »
Everything about the Jawas was awesome. I loved when he was incinerating them. Climbing the crawler was awesome. And I was sure he was gonna get to the top and "win". Instead he's blasted off. And then almost dies just to trade and get back to even. Awesome!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2019, 05:23 PM »
Solid episode.  I really liked how the hover bassinet was synched with The Mandalorian and kept up with him, and how The Mandalorian could "force push" move it out of harms way.

I'll be interested to see where this story goes.  The Mandalorian is an orphan and I assume baby Yoda is too.  I have a hard time believing he's just going to turn him over.  Hopefully there is some good internal and external conflict.

I really hope there is a figure coming that they can pair with a baby Yoda along with the hover bassinet.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2019, 09:10 PM »
Man, I need a lot more Jawas now after seeing that! That whole segment attacking the Sandcrawler was amazing.

Looked like the 3 Trandoshans had the same homing beacon he and IG-11 were using.

It also seemed like Baby Yoda was attempting to heal the Mandalorian’s wounds...that would be an interesting new ability.

Where is this kid gonna be in TROS though??  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2019, 09:37 AM »
So am I the only one who found the Mandalorian fighting a Sandcrawler full of Jawas to be just amazing?  That was fantastic.

YES! This reminded me so much of the Super Star Wars game from Super Nintendo. There's a level where, as Luke, you have to hop into the Sandcrawler while blasters shoot at you and Jawas pop out of windows to throw debris at you. And the Mando's rifle disintegrating them was a cool nod to the sniper rifle in the Jedi Knight II video game. Lots of Lucasarts inspirations in this series!

Obviously I got around to watching Episode 2 last night after watching Episode 1 the other day. Digging the series so far. I love that it just has a Star Wars "feel" and that might be due to the classic aliens. Seeing the IG droid in action with all its spinning-ness was awesome. And Captain Ketwol being cut in half by a door! Explains that Power of the Jedi figure I guess.

I think the most interesting part of the first episode was finding out that there are toilets in Star Wars.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2019, 09:39 AM »
I believe the rest of the episodes will be released on Fridays except for the episode that comes out the week of Rise of Skywalker, which will drop on that Tuesday or Wednesday to avoid people having to choose between the show and the new movie. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2019, 10:48 AM »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2019, 02:20 PM »
What a weird schedule.  Just pick a day of the week and be done with it...