Author Topic: The Mandalorian (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 183230 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: The Mandalorian (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2019, 10:10 AM »
What ever happened to the facilities on Kamino?  Were these destroyed by the Empire in some novel or comic after they came to power?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2019, 11:17 AM »
I read about an Easter egg of sorts concerning Dr. Pershing and the sigils on the arms of his uniform matching those of the clone trainees on Kamino. Wonder what the connection is?

I just looked up an image of Pershing along with images of Clone Troopers in their training fatigues.  And the sigil is the same on them.

I think it's pretty likely that the Empire took over the facilities on Kamino.  There's also the mention of Clones in TFA when Kylo Ren was questioning the training of Hux's troopers.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 11:20 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2019, 01:25 PM »
All I can say is that first episode was really, really good.

I think knowing a little Mandalorian backstory is good, but could certainly be enjoyed by someone not versed in Star Wars.  Very quickly it got into the main character being more than one dimensional.  That's obviously a really good thing.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2019, 01:27 PM »
Interesting that he was told to bring back his bounty alive, but dead (with proof) was acceptable for a smaller reward. Yet IG-11 said he was told to terminate. I wonder if he was being tested. And why?

My hypothesis on this one is that IG-11 was hired by someone else (Giancarlo Espisito's character is my guess) and that client wanted the baby killed.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2019, 02:23 PM »
I loved the first episode as well, can’t wait for the new one tomorrow. When we were watching the premiere, I turned to my wife and said “I can’t believe there is a live action Star Wars TV show”. It seems like it has been talked about forever. If you would have told me as a kid “hey, there is going to be a Star Wars TV show with new episodes every week, and it stars this Boba Fett type guy” I would have lost my mind. Hoping to get a rewatch or two in before the next one, definitely did not see that ending coming.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2019, 04:26 PM »
If you would have told me as a kid “hey, there is going to be a Star Wars TV show with new episodes every week, and it stars this Boba Fett type guy” I would have lost my mind. Hoping to get a rewatch or two in before the next one, definitely did not see that ending coming.

Kids and I watched the episode again last night and we're planning to watch it again at least one more time before the next episode hits on Friday. :P

My hypothesis on this one is that IG-11 was hired by someone else (Giancarlo Espisito's character is my guess) and that client wanted the baby killed.

Yeah, that's my thinking too - sort of feeds into the idea of competing Imperial factions that some of the recent books talk about.  Excited to see where it goes and what TheMando does with lil baby Yodaguy.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2019, 04:35 PM »
And I’m guessing that Mando reprogram 11 to find out who his competition is and who he’ll have to be concerned about in upcoming episodes.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2019, 06:17 PM »
I didn't realize that The Mandalorian is going to release on subsequent Fridays, with the second episode airing tomorrow the 15th.  I had just assumed they would be on Tuesdays.

I'm fired up for the second episode tomorrow!

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2019, 08:18 PM »
Makes sense it's competing factions. I was Initially thinking it was like in ESB where Vader was the sole client bringing in multiple hunters.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2019, 07:39 AM »
I suppose I could log in or google but do we know what time this will be up each Friday?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2019, 08:42 AM »
It looks like it was put up some time during the overnight.  Because some review articles of the episode are time stamped around 4 AM.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2019, 09:57 AM »
It's definitely not at Midnight EST.  I checked at 10 PM MST and nothing was uploaded.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2019, 01:29 PM »
I happened to wake up around 2:30a Pacific time and for the heck of it decided to check. Tooga, Tooga, Tooga!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2019, 03:07 PM »
Super fun again. If you didn't buy an offworld Jawa yet get to Target now! Love baby Yoda thing guy. Last Crusade! I like how you can feel the Mandalorian being a bad ass bounty hunter but know he's got mixed feelings about what to do with this baby.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2019, 05:57 PM »
And I guess no more IG11. Oh well