Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352258 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #465 on: May 1, 2006, 02:25 PM »
I don't know if this is chainwide or not, but my local WM has reset their store and the GH's are absent - moved to the clearance aisle.

And to make it even more weird - there are no pegs for the VTSC... ???

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 1, 2006, 02:43 PM »
I've been curious about the Galactic Heroes as well - our WM hasn't carried them since the April 2nd rush last year and a little during the summer.  Ever since Christmas, there hasn't been a place for them at all at either of our WMs.  Target has been the best source for these around here.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #467 on: May 19, 2006, 04:11 PM »
Saw the new ones for the first time today, although i assume they have been out for a while. I picked up Palpatine/Shock Trooper and Red Battle Droid and Green Clone trooper sets.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 20, 2006, 08:50 AM »
Definately finding many re-releases of these. I wouldn't mind so much if there were more ships or other items to go with them. The gaps between new releases, and the glut of older figures, are making this line whither away.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 21, 2006, 02:55 PM »
Technically, this is the only wave that should be shipping.  Obviously, there could be gluts of old inventory floating around in the WM distribution system...

Emperor & Red Shock Trooper
Red Battle Droid & Clone Trooper (EpII)
Darth Maul & Obi-Wan (Coruscant) 
Luke with Speeder Bike
Kassyyk Yoda and Scout Trooper
Darth Vader and Emperor (Holo)
4 Lom and Bossik
Chewie & C3Po
Luke and R2D2

I am patiently waiting for the next wave.  One of the best we've seen in a long time.  Lots of new tools and all OT subject matter.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 02:56 PM by ruiner »

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 21, 2006, 03:41 PM »
Technically, this is the only wave that should be shipping.  Obviously, there could be gluts of old inventory floating around in the WM distribution system...

Emperor & Red Shock Trooper
Red Battle Droid & Clone Trooper (EpII)
Darth Maul & Obi-Wan (Coruscant) 
Luke with Speeder Bike
Kassyyk Yoda and Scout Trooper
Darth Vader and Emperor (Holo)
4 Lom and Bossik
Chewie & C3Po
Luke and R2D2

I am patiently waiting for the next wave.  One of the best we've seen in a long time.  Lots of new tools and all OT subject matter.

I hear that, but i can't wait for the new wave (TIE pilot and Wedge for one) I hope they eventually branch out and do other imperial grunts too (AT-AT driver, Snowtrooper, Royal Guard (tell me THAT one wouldn't be cool! I dare you!) But i wouldn't mind snagging a Leia/Han set as well. Of course the TRU nearest me only has the ROTS stuff re-stocked, but i should snap up some more. All i have are the Palpatine/Yoda and Fett/Dengar 2 pks.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #471 on: June 3, 2006, 12:50 PM »
Went to TRU today looking for new MArvel Legends and saw the Darth Tater Galactic Hero key chain and bought it. It was actually pretty cool, i figure i will get the key chain out of his hand somehow.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 3, 2006, 10:36 PM »
Went to TRU today looking for new MArvel Legends and saw the Darth Tater Galactic Hero key chain and bought it.

I found one of those too - I couldn't resist and had to buy it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 3, 2006, 09:19 AM »
I received a shipment from BBTS on Friday containing the latest wave of GH (Han/Luke Stormie, Han/Greedo, Obi-Wan/Sandtrooper, Wedge/TIE Pilot), so they must be making their way out there.  Hopefully they'll pop up at retail soon.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 6, 2006, 01:37 PM »
Wow, consider yourself lucky!

I can't believe BBTS received them before retail.

I'd order them but his prices have gone up considerably in the last year or so...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 6, 2006, 03:57 PM »
Yeah, I paid a little higher than retail - I think $6.99 each if I remember correctly.  I actually just ordered them as a "back up", figuring I might find them at retail before that (which has happened in the past), and then cancel them.  Then all of a sudden I see that they shipped, so no harm done.  Target is the only place in town carrying these anymore here, and they have a fair amount of stock of the repacked/repainted figures right now.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 6, 2006, 05:21 PM »
Not sure what happened to this line but it has screeched to a halt.  We hardly sell them at all anymore and can't remember the last time I saw a case come in.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #477 on: July 6, 2006, 05:28 PM »
I received a shipment from BBTS on Friday containing the latest wave of GH (Han/Luke Stormie, Han/Greedo, Obi-Wan/Sandtrooper, Wedge/TIE Pilot), so they must be making their way out there.  Hopefully they'll pop up at retail soon.

You got all 4 sets? I ordered them as well from them becuase i never see these in stores but only got the Greedo and Sandtrooper set in the mail. They didnt ship the Luke/Han and Wedge set.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 7, 2006, 10:07 AM »
You got all 4 sets? I ordered them as well from them becuase i never see these in stores but only got the Greedo and Sandtrooper set in the mail. They didnt ship the Luke/Han and Wedge set.

Yeah, I was fortunate enough to get all four sets.  I preordered them awhile back, when they first were listed, I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

Offline Scream27

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 11, 2006, 11:53 AM »
I walked into my local TRU in London England today, to see if they had an GH and there none to be found  ???  Seems like the same thing is happening on this side of the pond.