Community > Watto's Junk Yard

The Avengers (SPOILERS)

<< < (105/105)

EdSolo:
It is all a bit problematic since they didn't map out the rules besides Tony saying that when you go into the past, that past is now your future.  I think they were all good with the time travel stuff until they pulled the pre-snap Thanos into the future.  We even have what is essentially a grandfather paradox that isn't even addressed.  Older Nebula kills her younger self.  I think that act there shows there has to be divergent timelines. 

Really, I think any time traveling actions that they took causes multiple divergent timelines.  They go back and gather all the Infinity Stones before Thanos can and use them to undo the snap.  Even though Cap goes back and puts the stones back so the timeline can supposedly play out as it had before, there are changes.  Loki escaping is a pretty big one I would say.  Since the attempt to get the Tesseract failed, I would assume Cap went back to the 70's to drop that stone off.  So the "new" timeline where Loki escapes would still occur which is different than what we saw in the first Avengers movie.  Additionally, we don't see how they convert the stones back to the Tesseract, Loki's staff, and the Aether as they were originally found in the prime timeline.

BillCable:
The best divergent timeline explanation:

Cap goes back to Peggy, creating a divergent timeline.
In that divergent timeline, Tony Stark (or whoever) independently creates time travel.
As an old man, Cap uses that tech to time travel back to HIS past in the original timeline, popping in at the lake shore moments before his past self disappeared.

JediJman:

--- Quote from: BillCable on May 15, 2019, 07:27 AM ---The best divergent timeline explanation:

Cap goes back to Peggy, creating a divergent timeline.
In that divergent timeline, Tony Stark (or whoever) independently creates time dimensional travel.
As an old man, Cap uses that tech to time travel back to HIS past in the original timeline, popping in at the lake shore moments before after his past self disappeared.

--- End quote ---

Slight modification, since he wouldn't need to "time" travel...

*SPOILER ALERT*

Pretty sure I read that Mysterio in the upcoming Spiderman movie is from another dimension.  Coincidence or correlation?

EdSolo:
The problem is that we don't see Old Cap in the time travel suit.  Additionally, we can't be sure he had enough Pym particles to travel back to drop off the stones, go to marry Peggy and then come back as an old man.  We could assume in alternate timeline he could just go to Hank and get some more, but Hank seems pretty possessive of them.  This could be as headache inducing as all the Terminator timelines.

BillCable:
We don't need to see Old Cap in the quantum suit - it could be in whatever nanoparticle container the suites vanished into when they visited NYC in 2012.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version