Author Topic: What Toyline Would You Most Like to See?  (Read 6412 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
What Toyline Would You Most Like to See?
« on: August 25, 2019, 08:38 PM »
If you could pick a toy line(s) that aren't currently out there, what would you like to see made? A new scale on an old favorite? A modern version of a line from your childhood? Maybe something based on a movie, show, cartoon, book or comic that you'd like to see done? Admittedly, with the tremendous runs of 3 3/4" Star Wars and GI Joe, various incarnations of the Transformers, and Masters of the Universe (and soon to be Thundercats) classics, not to mentions Superheroes from each of the big two...a lot of my childhood favorites have been covered. Here is a few off the top of my head, in no particular order:

1: M.A.S.K. - I didn't have a lot of it as a kid, but loved what I had and always wanted more. Seems like it could maybe do well today with a modern version

2. Silverhawks - Kind of went hand in hand with Thundercats for me, and to a lesser extent He-Man. The toy lines then weren't exactly compatible, but could be now. A nice line of Silverhawks classics.

3. 6" scale G.I. Joe - This, like Star Wars, is first and foremost a 3 3/4" line, but I think there is room for a larger scale line as well. Between the 25th/30th/50th etc. lines I'm fairly happy with my modern Joe collection in that scale, and there is just something about imagining a Marvel Legends styled Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow display

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: What Toyline Would You Most Like to See?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 09:28 PM »
I just want Indiana Jones to come back.   :-\

I also thought a robust Game Of Thrones line in a 3.75” scale would be awesome and was really disappointed when Funko completely dropped the ball with it.  So I’d be into one of those, but I’d want it to really be comprehensive, not just a couple waves of main characters.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 11:50 AM »
I just want Indiana Jones to come back.   :-\

What scale? 

I think I would prefer 6" figures at this point.  Hasbro has done a great job with their 6" line and it would be sweet to have a handful of 6" Indy figures.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 12:09 PM »
3.75" for me.  I'm not interested in starting over. 

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 01:01 PM »
3.75" for me.  I'm not interested in starting over.

I thought the quality on those 3.75" figures was pretty bad.  I'd be okay with 3.75" figures if they could be Star Wars Vintage Collection-like quality.  I would also want to re-buy a lot of the original figures not really up to snuff.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 02:29 PM »

I thought the quality on those 3.75" figures was pretty bad.  I'd be okay with 3.75" figures if they could be Star Wars Vintage Collection-like quality.  I would also want to re-buy a lot of the original figures not really up to snuff.

Count me in for this as well. With the face printing, like for example the recent Han Stormtrooper TVC figure, we could finally get a really great Indy figure. Despite a wonky start with paint problems, I really loved that Indy line. Some of the later (and sadly harder to get) figures in that line are pretty great. I'd be down with a return as well. Side note though, I would like a Black Series-esque Indiana Jones figure. They wouldn't necessarily have to do the entire line if we were getting 3 3/4" figures, but a nice Ultimate Indy would be cool. I know I'd be in for awhile line here as well.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 05:57 PM »
My dream line is a 3.75" Lord of the Rings/Middle Earth line. I envision armies of Uruk-Hai, orcs, dwarves, elves and men, larger scale creatures like trolls, wargs, oliphants, dragons, the works. There's so much potential there for some really cool stuff and I've always been disappointed that it was never tapped.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 10:53 PM »
I think if there were any lines I'd like to see done they'd be small runs, not big, epic properties like SW, LOTR or GoT. And I'd like lines that had vehicles or animals, like horses and such. Fun accessories. Something like a better Indy line would be good, or Pirates of the Caribbean. Battlestar Galactica (the SyFy series), Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Star Trek, Firefly, maybe Archer. And I'd love a line that we could have 1-off characters from video games, movies or TV shows, like Lara Croft, that could fit in with other lines.

Having said that about the big properties, I'd take a Harry Potter line also. BTW, this would be all in 3.75" scale.

There are some things I'd like to see in 12" scale too but that would be more individual characters rather than full lines. And I'm thinking more in the $20-$50 priced toy range than the $200 HT or Sideshow stuff. I miss the Hasbro 12" G.I. Joe stuff from the mid-2000s.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 01:08 AM »
I was just messing around with some of my Star Wars and Indy stuff and it occurred to me that a small Willow line would complement them both quite nicely as well. There were plenty of fun costumes and creature designs from that film to mess around with. 

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2019, 09:14 PM »
I can go for Hasbro-style 3.75" of these sci-fi properties.
BSG (70s)
Buck Rogers (70s)
Flash Gordon (80s movie)
Planet of the Apes (60s, 70s)
Clash of the Titans (70s?)
Star Trek
Doctor Who -- Character Options' 3.75" offering was a nice try but short-lived and the humans underwhelming.

Also cool would be a smattering of figures from the Sinbad movies (pirate/adventurer, not comedian); The Black Hole droids; Enemy Mine.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2019, 10:38 AM »
IIRC, I saw something about some new figures from The Black Hole.  And it was specifically the droids.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 11:36 AM »
The obvious correct answer: Blade Runner
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2019, 09:25 PM »
I may be getting my 3.75” Titanfall dream come true in a roundabout way.  JoyToy is doing basically stylistic articulated knockoffs in the scale.  Their figures are really nice, and I expect their mechs to be nice too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2019, 05:54 PM »
3 3/4" Star Trek that doesn't suck.

3 3/4" Original BSG* that doesn't suck

*NOT GINO...IT CAN GO TO  >:D**

**I'm just joking.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2019, 12:20 AM »
IIRC, I saw something about some new figures from The Black Hole.  And it was specifically the droids.

Diamond Select Toys are doing VINCENT, Old Bob and Maximilian figures in 7" Select line. There are also VINCENT and Maximilian Vinimates.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"