Multimedia > The Wookiee Arcade

Star Wars 1313

<< < (3/13) > >>

Matt_Fury:
With the Unreal 3 engine the grapic should be pretty tight.

I'd love for them to re-vsist the Dark Forces storyline again....but it's probably something else.

Jesse James:
The logical ideas of SW gaming going to its roots are long gone I think...  They want to just try riding coattails of whatever the current hot games are.

I think this has promise...  It's a step in the right direction if it pans out to be what all the speculation is, but I'm skeptical if they'll come up with an awesome storyline to go with it.  RC was good though, and so I guess there is hope they can still put out an exciting FPS game.

Matt_Fury:
I wouldn't mind another Battlefront type game.

This game is already better than Force Commander.   :D

Jesse James:
I disagree 100% on wanting a new Battlefront...  In today's gaming world, where MP is an arena already heavily dominated, and filled with failed attempts to dethrone, I think any SW game needs solid SP gameplay in it to succeed.  The rich Star Wars universe, with diverse characters, worlds, and a detailed history, is what would make this hypothetical game what it is, IMO.  Story has almost always been where SW gaming has seen great success.

Battlefront was a clusterFUBAR as far as story went though...  It was pure MP.  Unless this game revolutionized FPS MP gaming, I think it would be a dismal failure for them to even attempt to jump into that already crowded ring where there's so many failures, and the winners are long-established.  Could a SW FPS game ever compete with a COD, or Battlefield?  Or maybe more similar, a HALO type game?

BioShock had story.  GoW has story.  HALO and COD even have involved backstory and solid SP campaigns.  Battlefront, to me, would be destroyed if it came out today with updated graphics/gameplay as its only changes.  I'd say what they need more of is Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith, or Republic Commando (with MP).  They're up against competition now they've never really seen in the past with their FPS games though.  Battlefront is like Battlefield, and I just don't see Star Wars winning with that model anymore.

And Force Commander is still the most underrated SW game in history.  My computer can even run it well now.  :-X

Matt_Fury:
I see your point, but one of my favorite all time games has been Unreal Tournament, so Battlefront was a fun game for me to play.

Of course, I'm a huge Mass Effect/KOTOR fan so something with a good story (like the Dark Forces games) would also be a draw for me.

And Force Commander was killed by the limited amount of troops you could bring to the battle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version