Author Topic: Target Jabba's Palace Rancor with Luke  (Read 40741 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Target Jabba's Palace Rancor with Luke
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2009, 08:50 PM »
I just got this in the mail tonight...HOLY ****balls is it awesome. It's worth every penny and literally blows away the TFU one!!!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 4, 2009, 09:52 AM »
I wish I had the 2 versions of Rancor with Luke Potf2 and Legacy.

Nice Monster, great diorama in the box.

Rancor:Roaaarrr!! 

Luke:Take this bone bigmouth!

epic and funny :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2009, 12:21 PM »
I finally got a chance to open this up yesterday, and it is really impressive.  I can't believe how much it is improved over the POTF2 version, and I'm very glad I ordered it.  It still hasn't shown up at stores here (or anywhere, I think?), but a nice improvement and just a nice toy overall.  Its work like this that really makes me want to see other SW beasts re-done (the Taun Taun and Dewback in particular).

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2009, 01:32 PM »
Just so I'm clear... this is supposed to show up in stores eventually right?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2009, 01:41 PM »
I hope so...I do a DPCI check almost on a daily basis - N/A No Stock

087-06-2066
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2009, 02:05 PM »
I think I'm going to place my online order today.  Shipping'll just be a little more than tax probably!
Edit: they add tax too  >:( so it came to about $52.  Oh well, at least I'll have it sooner than later.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 02:17 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2009, 02:13 PM »
AAA offers 10% off Target orders....Google if you're a member.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2009, 10:11 AM »

One would hope that someone on the executive level would let us know either way.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2009, 03:06 PM »
Got mine yesterday from Target.com; wow, it's incredible to see the difference between this one and the POTF2 one!  The paintjob is superb (though I find the tan drybrushing to be a little more than expected; there probably should be a little more brown there).
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2009, 03:32 PM »

One would hope that someone on the executive level would let us know either way.

I hope we get an answer to this soon.  I definitely want one, but would rather avoid paying Target to ship it to me.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2009, 04:37 PM »
I've heard that some folks have been able to use coupon codes to offset the shipping costs for the Rancor.  For me?  I can definitely wait.  I'm trying to slowly get my collection room together, and having one less large box cluttering things up will be helpful.

I think that the current situation points out how lackluster the Sarlacc pit UBP really was.  The Clone Wars set sold much better in comparison.  But Hasbro thought that in order to get that Sarlacc pit, a lot of collectors would bite the bullet and buy this set.  Hasbro was wrong.  And the execution on the set was poor at best.  So now they're sitting and the Rancor is sitting in warehouses until those UBP's get cleared out.  I hope this is a clear lesson to Hasbro that we're not just going to buy anything, and they have to give us some quality product.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2009, 05:32 PM »
If anyone has such a coupon code, please post it here.  I'd be happy to order it if the price was the same as what it will be in stores.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2009, 07:21 PM »
I finally caved and ordered a pair of them from Target.com. My fear is that they are slowly dwindling out of the regional distribution hub warehouses and when the time comes for them to make their way to the stores, there probably won't be any more than one or two cases per location.

Now I'm keeping my fingers cross that at least ONE of them arrives in MIB shape.  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2009, 11:22 AM »
What Nick said was exactly what Hasbro said at Toy Fair (well, maybe not 'exactly' what he said - Hasbro didn't admit the Sarlaac "was poor at best" ;)):

Hasbro thought that in order to get that Sarlacc pit, a lot of collectors would bite the bullet and buy this set.  Hasbro was wrong.  And the execution on the set was poor at best.  So now they're sitting and the Rancor is sitting in warehouses until those UBP's get cleared out. 

The Rancors are supposed to go in the shelf space that is still being occupied by the 2008 UBPs.  Until those UBPs are gone, there is no room at the inn for the Jabba Rancor.  :-\

Eventually, the UBPs will be clearanced (some stores started this weekend in fact) and when the clearance is over, the Rancors should follow relatively soon after that.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2009, 12:04 PM »
Yeah, that isn't really surprising I guess.  Our closest store has had one each of the Christophsis and Sarlacc UBPs sitting there - untouched - for a long time now.  I could see them getting swiped up if/when they get clearanced right away, but people didn't seem to touch these much at full price.  Some sold when they were still on the end cap, but nothing like the Hoth/Endor sets from the year before.  I'm not sure, but I think Hasbro pretty much said in a past Q and A that we wouldn't see these this year or in the future (at least this format).  Its too bad really, because the first round (Hoth in particular) was really pretty nifty and had a good value (even the figures, if repacks, were pretty nice for the most part).  As happy as I was to get the Sarlacc and Skiff (I missed the POTF2 release), the figures were horrible and the value was not there.  There was potential for them to do some other cool things with these packs at the lower pricepoint, like the once rumored (or made up) Death Star Escape or Endor Celebration packs.  Back to the topic though, I'll be interested to see how this Rancor does at retail.  I got one via Target.com, and I think it is very well done.  An excellent beast, and a nice pack in figure as well, so hopefully it will lead to more OT exclusives or re-done beasts in general.