Collectibles > Star Wars Rebels

Star Wars Hero Series Millennium Falcon

(1/4) > >>

Brian:
Yoda's news has the exclusive info here, sounds like it is coming to Wal-Mart this fall, is supposed to be 2 feet long, and is very similar to the X-Wing we've already seen (no figure compatability, etc.)

http://www.yodasnews.com/hero-series-millennium-falcon-high-res-images/

McMetal:
I don't need a two-foot paper weight.

Pete_Fett:

--- Quote from: McMetal on June 19, 2014, 10:45 PM ---I don't need a two-foot paper weight.

--- End quote ---

Agreed - keep making things I don't want Hasbro! I'll have more money to spend on Lego!

Jesse James:
People are mad about this thing, but they already made US a Millenium Falcon, so why not a cheap one for kids to enjoy, and for retail to move more quickly, than a $150-$200 item, ya know?  That's all they're doing here.

Clearly price point is a major focus for Hasbro right now...  Get things affordable to sell more quantity.  Stuff like this is a necessity.  Not my cup of tea either, personally, but the need's not lost on me either.  It's how I view 5POA figures.

My fear there is Hasbro's going to take 4" completely that direction and 6" the collector line.  I think that's a still very real possibility in the near future.  Especially with new films rolling out, which obviously will grab for the kid dollar and attention far harder than they'll grab for ours.  :-\

Stuff like this Falcon though, it's pretty cool for a kid I think...  Especially when kids can't get that $50, $60, or far more expensive ship that we can blow $ on and not bat an eye.

Muftak:
Maybe it's just me, but sixty bucks still isn't cheap.  Had they cut the size in half and charged thirty, then I might see it as a kid-friendly version of the BMF. Especially because then a kid might be able to, you know,  play with it.

It just seems like the approach is so scattershot lately...if they wanted a big ship for the kids, why not make a hollow non-figure-compatible Ghost and capitalize on Rebels? Is there any way this Falcon uses the mold from the BMF to reduce costs? Being hollow with no opening parts, I just don't see how...

I just don't get it.  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version