Collectibles > Rogue One

The Playset Thread

<< < (2/53) > >>

Nicklab:
I saw the diorama pieces that Gentle Giant was showing as part of their Bust Ups line.  Morgbug's comparison photo was pretty dead on in terms of the size of these pieces.  They're quite similar to the Tomy mini-dioramas of a couple of years ago, and those aren't all that fantastic.

Jesse James:
Given GG's precedent with the Simpsons line I'm not hopeful.  I used the exact wording of "Playset" (in quotes) in the title because I never was intending to imply actual playsets, but more possible "environments" if you will...  Something useful for display.

Like I've said to Brent though, if the floor's useable I think I'm fairly happy with that...  It's like the Bust-Up 3PO coming with part of the oil bath chamber...  That's cool to me.  But that's hardly constituting a playset by any means...  I'd have been happy with just something small/useable out of it though was more what I was running with in this thread.

Brent certainly makes every case WHY that won't happen, this is just speculation...  Not wishful thinking even or anything, just considering what could come of the sets.  Same as I'm always hoping for certain things from the Bust-Ups line to use with figures.  GG's not doing playsets though I'm afraid...  Best I think that can be hoped for is something that makes a nice elaborate stand for figures, or can be integrated into a diorama/custom if someone wanted to go the extra mile with a piece.  I'm ok with that though...  Like I said, I love the 3PO Bust-Up Oil Bath thing.  That's cool to me. :)

CHEWIE:
I love that piece too for the 3PO.  It's very cool.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Hasbro try something along that line someday with old golden rod.  Look at the big drum coming with Umpas (or whatever his name is) and the moisture vaporator with Luke.  They could make 3PO's oil bath too I would think rather easily.

As for what's going to come out from Gentle Giant, I don't mind saying I'm wishful thinking on it.  If these were to be in scale with Hasbro stuff these wouldn't really be playsets, but more of an enviroment to display figures in.  But we'll just have to wait and see.  I think most people would like to see something like that available.  Those that don't want them could pass on them. 

And yeah Dylan, I won't give up on this.  Someday, I think a company will finally come through.  Imagine that Attakus thing done by Gentle Giant, I wonder how much it would cost then if it was in plastic... it would be so damn cool... I know I'd shell out a few hundred bucks for it.  Heck, I'd pay a hundred just for the walls/hallway area of the Death Star that they made.

:P

Morgbug:
Not trying to be a party pooper, but how would Hasbro respond to someone infringing in a more or less direct way on their 3.75" license (direct as in plastic, same scale, same rough price point)? 

I know you want them and don't misunderstand, I would probably buy some too if they were what you and Jesse are envisioning, but between what they've (GG) already released, the licensing conflict potential and cost issues that Hasbro surely must have with this, I just can't expect these to be anything but what has already been released in the Simpsons/Corpse Bride/Hellboy bustups from Gentle Giant.

Be an optimist, and no one knows if I'm correct yet, but I'll side on the not happening the way you'd like version.   

Sprry75:
Thanks for ******** on everything, Brent.

>:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version