Community > Joe Defender

Vintage 3.75" ARAH Figures

(1/7) > >>

iFett:
Figured this new area needs some attention.  I had tons of Joes as a kid, but stopped collecting in 88-89 as Joe stuff started getting strange and I was getting more into girls.  I had all my Joes stored until 96 or so when I finally decided that I didn't need to hold onto these things anymore so I sold off about 200+ vinty figs for $100 and was happy to be rid of them since I had no interest.

Come 00 after TPM was released - I started collecting SW figs again and got hooked on the Joe TRU reissue 2 packs, but ultimately clipped them in 03 as I only wanted to focus on modern SW and vinty TF only.

The return of the 25th Anniversary stuff totally hit the nostalgia bug in me and I've been hooked on them eversince.  1 carded and 1 loose...That got expensive, but luckily/unfortunately that line didn't last too long.  One of my local SW buds decided to sell off his vintage collection late last year and I've been picking up chunks eversince August of 09.  Thanks Stevey!  

I remember laughing at the comparisons of vinty to 25th.  These things were truly toys!  Was difficult to get them to hold there weapons (with fear of breaking off thumbs) and all of the recent broken o-rings and t/j bars I've been dealing with.  These things are really out of proporation with the 25th stuff, but I grew up with these things and they were my life for a good portion of my childhood.  What a trip!  Haven't seen these guys in almost 15 years.

Good times..

spiderpumpkin:
It's never too late for ARAH toys. 

Be careful.  Once you repurchase all the stuff you had as a kid then you may expand from there.  That's what happened to me. 

Starting in 2001 I began buying the 1982-1986 toys that I had as a kid and sold off in 1988.  Then once that was complete I started army building.  Then while army building  I decided to buy the 1987-1992 toys that I didn't have and army building some of those as well.  I didn't have to buy 1993-2001 because I already had those but I did army build some of them. 

Finally, I started to go to Joecon starting in 2005 and buying those sets, older sets and other Club exclusives.  I even took it one step further and started buying foreign Joes.

501ST:
Hi there,Found one of the characters I had in my childhood collection on AU ebay and bid and won - yay!

The character I had was 'Mercer' however in the auction I won there's two others who I never did have and wondered if any members here could assist me in identifying them:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330438435933&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

(or... if there's a site out there for reference that anyone knows of either that'd be great help and much appreciated)

Paul:
That is Red Dog and Taurus.

The other 2 members of Sgt Slaughter's Renegades.

http://yojoe.com/action/87/87card/slaughtersrenegades.jpg

501ST:
oh wow! Thanks heaps Paul  ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version