Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 178401 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #615 on: September 30, 2005, 01:48 PM »
I hope they did not make a big run of these.  If they did it may kill any chance for future releases.  These are starting to sit at a few stores here.  The Sith pack seems to be the hardest to come by in my area and always sells through.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 30, 2005, 03:29 PM »
What I did was turn the head completely around so it's facing backwards.  Problem solved.   :)

Same thing here, I couldn't get the chin to stay up, so now my Clones are like the Exorcist with twisted heads.

:P

Wedging the chin and top of the chest with something works decent, then sliding the helmet down.

You can also try popping the head off, positioning it inside the helmet the way you want with the chin hidden, and then popping the whole head/helmet unit back onto the ball joint of the neck.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #617 on: September 30, 2005, 04:24 PM »
I just took the end of my small needlenosed pliers and popped the chin up into the helmet. Took about one second, and worked fine.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #618 on: September 30, 2005, 06:02 PM »
I just held his chin up with the tip of my pinky and slipped the helmet on.  No problem for me there so it's cool.  I found that when I turned the head around that it sorta misshapened the helmet making it elongated in the back.   :-\

By the way, I don't necessarilly think that a product not moving quickly will necessitate it not being continued.  The VOTC didn't move fast but I think they're considered a successful "deluxe" line by Hasbro...  at least to an extent.

I still hope these show up in good quantities then...  I really do.  Maybe not to the point where we see 20 Anakin sets sit for a month or two, but where there's steadily product on the shelves that is trickling out the door.  That's always the ideal, and right now I think there's still potential for that with the Evolutions sets (especially Sith and Clone sets).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 06:07 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 30, 2005, 08:49 PM »
I just opened my Sith Lords set and I need help.  Pics would be great.  How the hell has everyone posed the Maul with that cape?  Also, any suggestions on Palps hood withouu making it look like a Dunce cap or Clan hat? 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 30, 2005, 09:00 PM »
I just opened my Sith Lords set and I need help. Pics would be great. How the hell has everyone posed the Maul with that cape? Also, any suggestions on Palps hood withouu making it look like a Dunce cap or Clan hat?

Unfortunately Jim, I don't think there is a way to post Maul with the cloak on that doesn't make him look ridiculous.  Every time I have him standing with it on, every Eric Cartman "I'M NOT FAT" line enters into my consciousness simultaneously.  That cloak is just horrible, and it went straight into my "random accessories" box after I finished laughing at it.

Palpatine's hood, I've found, looks best when you pull as much material up through the garotte as you can without bunching the underarm material.  Basically, I get it as loose as I can, put the garotte over it, reattach the head, and then pull the hood up.  At that point, I kind of pull the material down around the edge of his head (where the hood would kind of "droop" to his shoulders in reality) so it bunches up a little, and then I pull the back down a bit more so it will be a more natural droop.

It doesn't look perfect, but the baggier it is, the better it looks, I've found.  The trick is to fiddle with the back (where it makes the dunce point) more than the front and to kind of weigh the back down a bit (tucking it into the garotte works okay) so it won't stick straight up.  Hope that helps!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 3, 2005, 09:09 AM »
I saw a few Evo sets around town this weekend, but almost all were Anakin to Vaders.  Wal-Mart seems to have these a little more often than Target, who sells out faster.  I did see one Clone Evo set at Target, and it was gone the next day.  I haven't seen the Sith Lord set at retail, and ordered one when it was "in stock" at Wal-Mart.com, but it still hasn't shipped.  Not sure about that one.  I'd still like to see this line continue, hopefully it will do well and Hasbro will consider it.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 3, 2005, 09:49 AM »
Jim - I just pulled the garotte off of Palapatine and put it on under the cape. I may not be right, but I think it looks better than with it over the hood.

I have no sugestions for Maul.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2005, 09:52 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 3, 2005, 12:30 PM »
Jim - I just pulled the garotte off of Palapatine and put it on under the cape. I may not be right, but I think it looks better than with it over the hood.

Pics 8)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 3, 2005, 12:44 PM »

Pics 8)

Unlike the people who re-built Steve Austin, I do not have the technology. :(

Yet.

But give it a try, it's not like you can't put it back the other way. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #625 on: October 3, 2005, 02:08 PM »

That's what I've been doing too, it looks much better.
"This is the way."

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 3, 2005, 04:50 PM »
found the clones and sith evolution set in NC this weekend  :D
didn't have enough moolah to get either though  :'(
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 3, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Finally found the Clone set this weekend, and I'm digging it. I love each figure. The 3 generic Commanders we've gotten look fantastic lined up together. And I LOVE the removeable helmets!

One question about the Sandtrooper though. All the pics I've seen online (even in the RS and JD photo archives) have the "bantha poodoo smears" paintjob for the sand. However, the sand on mine is painted similar to the basic POTF2 Sandtrooper's sand. Is everyone else's like this? Did I miss the news about a paint change? Or have I found a varient?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #628 on: October 3, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Make me among that group too Diddly.  I didn't realize it was coming with a "smeared" and "sprayed" variation.  I got a set yesterday at TRU and it is definitely sprayed but my first sets from Ryan are definitely diarhea smears.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #629 on: October 3, 2005, 06:34 PM »
I too, have spray and a **** smear versions. Both have clean boots though, the shins have crap on them but the feet themselves are completely white. I can't decide which I like better, I'm leaning towards the spray version, it looks more like sand weathering and less like someone at Hasbro pooed on it and called it paint.
"This is the way."