Author Topic: The Office  (Read 66073 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Office
« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2008, 02:13 PM »
So anyone else get the vibe that Angela is pregnant.  She's been hooking up with Dwight, and during the weigh-in said that her doctor wants her to gain weight.  I mean, she's petite, but not scary small, so I think its because she's with "Shrute". :)

I liked the way Jim proposed, very much in keeping with how their relationship is, not too formal, but very much focused on all the little things, like where they first ate lunch together, etc.

One of the best scenes was when Holly tried to stop Angela from yelling at Kevin.  I am surprised that Dwight wasn't again punished by Michael for that, like maybe he'd have to make him breakfast, in addition to doing his laundry, plus that way Michael won't burn his foot again (Win-Win-Win).
I am not the Stig

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2008, 09:52 PM »
So anyone else get the vibe that Angela is pregnant.  She's been hooking up with Dwight, and during the weigh-in said that her doctor wants her to gain weight.  I mean, she's petite, but not scary small, so I think its because she's with "Shrute". :)

I liked the way Jim proposed, very much in keeping with how their relationship is, not too formal, but very much focused on all the little things, like where they first ate lunch together, etc.

One of the best scenes was when Holly tried to stop Angela from yelling at Kevin.  I am surprised that Dwight wasn't again punished by Michael for that, like maybe he'd have to make him breakfast, in addition to doing his laundry, plus that way Michael won't burn his foot again (Win-Win-Win).

This was a great episode overall.  The show is at its best when Michael is awkward like this versus when they make him a total jerk (shock does not always equal funny).  The proposal was great and totally threw me off, since Pam seemed to be getting more and more preoccupied at school.  Dwight is still the best thing going on that show.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #242 on: October 1, 2008, 01:57 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #243 on: October 30, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Haven't done this in a long-ass time:

NEW EPISODE TONIGHT!

Employee Transfer

Pam is embarrassed when she is the only person at corporate wearing a costume on Halloween.  Holly and Michael take the long trip to Nashua after they get some shocking news from corporate.  Meanwhile, Dwight torments Andy and tries to get under his skin.

(Man, there sure are a bunch of Jokers at Dunder-Mifflin. . .)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 11:07 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #244 on: November 6, 2008, 11:31 AM »
NEW EPISODE TONIGHT!

"Customer Survey"

Dwight and Jim are shocked when they get the results of the annual customer survey report.  Pam and Jim decide they want to spend every minute together using their bluetooth phones.  Meanwhile, Angela and Andy pick an unusual location for their wedding.

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2008, 01:02 AM »
Brilliant! I really loved this episode. Everything up until the ending did have the classic feel, much like you guys said. They better not force a break up, ugh....following typical show ways.

"I don’t want to be married in a tent like a Hobo." lol that's awesome :p

"I’ve caught Jim talking to himself several times today. What a loser. Get a friend, loser."

and The Jim/Dwight stuff was hilarious. Mr. Buttlicker was priceless 

Anyways A rare 10 from me

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2008, 09:26 AM »
I liked Michael's argument with his mom.  He tells her he's getting married "No you're not".  "Why do you always say that?".  Oh too funny.

OK, so Jim and Pam make Jam, does that make Andy and Angela Ang-dy or And-gela?  Or simply An-dy or An-gela.

Who here thinks that since Angela is getting married at Schrute farms that there might be an objection during the ceremony, and a certain mustard-shirt wearing salesman might get the accountant of his dreams?  Also, what is Angela doing?  Does she like Andy at all?  I thought Andy was just to get back at Dwight, but she's back with Dwight for all accounts and purposes.  I'm sure that'll come to a head at some point, which might be why that plot line is allowed to grow.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 03:03 PM by Keonobi »
I am not the Stig

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2008, 12:52 AM »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2008, 09:40 AM »
Buy the whole set and "save" $30!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2008, 11:02 AM »
That's pretty funny.  If anything, I'd get the "Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run For The Cure Water Bottle."   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Haven't done this in a while.

NEW EPISODE TONIGHT!

"Moroccan Christmas"

Phyllis' Moroccan-themed holiday party goes up in flames when Meredith's hair catches on fire and Michael is forced to deal with the accident.  Meanwhile, Dwight corners the market on the hottest toy of the Christmas season.

(Last new episode until January 15.)

Buy the whole set and "save" $30!

Today only, 25% off all Office merch at the NBC Shop.

So that $90 mug set is now a cool $67.50 (discount applied at checkout).  And just in time for Christmas, too!

Cordially,

Office Whore
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 11:04 AM by Matt »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2008, 11:07 AM »
I hope it's good. I really liked the first few Christmas episodes they did. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2008, 12:04 PM »
Man I was sure that Dwight's toy would be recalled for lead paint, or he would have bought the wrong one or somethnig, so it would blow up in his face...  Dwight's been winning a lot lately, he's got Angela, he was right that Kelly conspired against him and his raise, he cornered the market on that toy...

I thought something was going to happen with Andy, he always seemed to be in the other room during this episode.  I was half expecting that he would be the one to end up in rehab for alcohol problems, he seemed to have a history...
I am not the Stig

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 12, 2008, 01:33 PM »
Man I was sure that Dwight's toy would be recalled for lead paint, or he would have bought the wrong one or somethnig, so it would blow up in his face...  Dwight's been winning a lot lately, he's got Angela, he was right that Kelly conspired against him and his raise, he cornered the market on that toy...

I don't think Dwight has quite won Angela just yet.  She was pretty pissed about the marriage thing.  Last week she told Andy she had a "legal matter" to take care of.  I wonder if she did or not?  Also, I thought Jenna Fisher looked preggers in last week's episode - merely an observation - not necessarily relevant.....

"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 12, 2008, 04:18 PM »
Wow, last night was great.  I laughed my butt off at a good Jim-Dwight prank when Jim made his desk and chair out of cardboard and wrapped it.  It was good to see an "old school" prank being played.

I can't wait to see how Andy is going to react when word of Angela gets back to him.  Dude is going to flip out...kind of like the cell phone thing I bet.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.