Author Topic: The Transformers Live Action Movies  (Read 143120 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: The Transformers Live Action Movies
« Reply #615 on: June 22, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Galvatron and his crew would be awesome. And I really like the idea of them not being on Earth in the next one. My interest is piqued.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #616 on: June 23, 2012, 10:39 AM »
Too bad Orson Welles wouldn't be alive to reprise his role. : (
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 9, 2012, 08:47 AM »

Not really a big Marky Mark fan, but things are moving...

HOLLYWOOD, CA (November 8, 2012) – After an exceptionally successful collaboration on the upcoming “Pain and Gain,” Michael Bay has cast Academy Award®-nominee Mark Wahlberg in the highly anticipated “TRANSFORMERS 4.” The film will hit theaters June 27th, 2014.

“Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on “Pain and Gain” and I’m so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers’ legacy,” said Bay.
Bay will direct the next installment in the “TRANSFORMERS” series, which begins shooting next spring. From Paramount Pictures, a division of Viacom, Inc., in association with Hasbro, the film will be produced by Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.

Bay’s first “TRANSFORMERS” film was a box office sensation in 2007, opening at #1 and earning more than $700 million worldwide. His second installment “TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN” in 2009 grossed more than $830 million worldwide. In 2011, “TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON” was an even bigger hit worldwide, grossing more than a billion dollars to become the 5th highest grossing film of all time. To date, the franchise has earned more than $2.6 billion worldwide.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 9, 2012, 09:23 AM »
... An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers’ legacy,” said Bay.

Now I'm worried.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 9, 2012, 05:17 PM »
Never would have pictured Marky Mark in a TF movie for some reason.  He seems like the type that would think he's too serious/too good for a franchise like that.  Nice to see some news on the sequel though, it has been a bit quiet on that front lately.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #620 on: November 9, 2012, 10:56 PM »
He's certainly more credible as the lead in an action movie than LaBeef was.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 10, 2012, 02:18 AM »
He seems like the type that would think he's too serious/too good for a franchise like that.

Really?  He just did Ted and The Other Guys with Will Farrell.  I thought he kind of had a good perspective on his acting. He was good in The Fighter and The Departed, but he's also done Max Payne and Shooter, both pretty decent action films but not high art by any means.

I didn't hate Shia in Transformers, but I think we can expect a more serious action film for TF4 if Wahlberg is in as the lead.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 10, 2012, 12:09 PM »
He seems like the type that would think he's too serious/too good for a franchise like that.

Really?  He just did Ted and The Other Guys with Will Farrell.  I thought he kind of had a good perspective on his acting. He was good in The Fighter and The Departed, but he's also done Max Payne and Shooter, both pretty decent action films but not high art by any means.

I didn't hate Shia in Transformers, but I think we can expect a more serious action film for TF4 if Wahlberg is in as the lead.

E...

True.  I didn't mean to come off that I thought the guy was a jerk or not a good actor, I've actually enjoyed him in pretty much anything I've seen him in.  I just thought he had that air that some actors seem to get these days where they aren't interested in doing superhero movies or things like that, but apparently I'm wrong on that one.  He could be a nice replacement and maybe even a shot in the arm for the franchise.  I'm one that didn't really mind Shia LaBeouf either.  I understand that he's a total douche in "real" life it seems (and he himself talks like he is too good for stuff like this too), but I thought he was fine in the previous movies.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #623 on: May 29, 2013, 07:36 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 29, 2013, 08:04 AM »
Meh.  Looks pretty much the same to me.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 29, 2013, 09:11 PM »
I'm so excited for this that I may actually watch Transformers 3 when it airs on basic cable.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 7, 2013, 08:36 PM »
So apparently they are filming the new Transformers in Chicago today. We were driving downtown and I saw the new Optimus Prime parked on the side of the road. Pretty sweet. We weren't expecting it so I didn't have my camera ready!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 7, 2013, 10:00 PM »
I haven't seen anything this year yet, but last round we managed to watch some of the end battle being filmed... saw guys jumping around Trump Tower in squirrel suits... some of the cars parked along Michigan, and a bunch of debris piled up around the Tribune building.

They also were staging a bunch near my office, but they're building a tower now in the lot they were using.  I probably posted these last year, but here are a few phone photos I took...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 11, 2013, 06:47 AM »

You get to hate dinobots now too.  How exciting
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 11, 2013, 11:27 PM »

I thought you said they were movie set pictures? That's a typical street in Detroit.