Author Topic: Batman - The Dark Knight  (Read 45730 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Batman - The Dark Knight
« Reply #90 on: May 5, 2008, 12:38 AM »
What anyone would do to get hit's on youtube!  :D

Why So Squeaky!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 6, 2008, 08:25 AM »
I just saw a pic of what Two Face supposedly looks like.  If it's real, then wow.  I know a bunch of us thought that first Joker pic was creepy.  Two Face makes Joker look tame in comparison.

I won't post it here, but if anyone wants to see it, go here and read posts 319 and 320.  Hurry up, they may be taken down soon.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: May 6, 2008, 08:29 AM »
 :o

Jebus. He gives Crispy Anakin a run for his money, that's for sure. I saved the picture in case it gets taken down.
"This is the way."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 6, 2008, 09:31 AM »
Goo...that is creepy.  It looks good though, definitely better than the Tommy Lee Jones version from Batman Forever :).

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 6, 2008, 10:00 AM »
But the Tommy Lee Jones version was closer to the comic books. This one is just getting gross. This pretty much tops Darkman.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 6, 2008, 11:32 AM »
But the Tommy Lee Jones version was closer to the comic books. This one is just getting gross. This pretty much tops Darkman.

But Nolan's Batman movies aren't exact representation of the comic books.  Sure, they have comic book characters in them, but his take is and always has been a "real world" approach.  That's why you got no Lazarus Pit for Ra's, why the Scarecrow didn't look like a demented version of the Wizard of Oz Scarecrow and why the Joker doesn't take a chemical bath and get white skin and green hair.  And Two Face looks exactly like someone would if half their face was burned off, melted with acid or whatever else happens to Dent to get to that look.  It fits perfectly with Nolan's interpretation of the Batman universe.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 6, 2008, 12:02 PM »
That pic has already been incorporated to Wikipedia's Two-Face entry.  Scroll down to the section on Harvey Dent in "The Dark Knight."

I think it looks pretty horrific, and with burns like that, the guy would have to turn to a life of crime just to afford the neosporin.

I just hope his character is true; I absolutely hated Tommy Lee Jones' wacky, zany Two-Face, who flipped and re-flipped his coin until he got the desired result.  What a train wreck piece of **** that movie was.... ::)
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2008, 11:52 AM »
SHH has posted links to two new TV spots that apparently aired last night.  There's some bits of new footage, this movie continues to look pretty great.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2008, 08:34 AM »
WARNING - SPOILERS DEFINITELY APPLY HERE, YE BE WARNED

Gotham City Pizzeria  Click on the "HA" in Gotham to see a clip of Two Face.  You can't see everything, but it looks like that leaked make up pic posted a while back is pretty accurate.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2008, 09:42 AM »
Pretty cool that they put something like this online.  I'm really looking forward to this movie.  Only about a month away now, can't wait.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2008, 06:45 AM »
I so cant wait for this one, and to think we get it before the americans !!!
Hahahahaha
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2008, 09:49 AM »
Considering all of the hype, does this movie seem like it's already been released? I know it hasn't but it just feels like it already came and went.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2008, 05:12 PM »
The hype for Batman in 89 seemed bigger. It seemed to eclipse everything else that year. This time, to me anyways, there is alot of hype, but there are plenty of other things going on too.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2008, 10:17 AM »
The hype for Batman in 89 seemed bigger. It seemed to eclipse everything else that year. This time, to me anyways, there is alot of hype, but there are plenty of other things going on too.

We've still got a bit of time, but I know what you mean.  I remember the hype for the '89 Batman being crazy too, but part of that might have been that it was the first "superhero" movie since the Superman ones - and the first Batman movie (outside of Adam West).  Although I prefer Begins overall more now, I remember being nuts about the '89 Batman when I was younger.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2008, 10:57 AM »
It was partly a difference in tone too....these are much more "dark knighty"...darker in tone and in logos and visuals.  Outside of the goth kids and geeks shopping at Hot Topic, the Dark Knight logos just aren't going to have same mass appeal as the bright yellow and black logo from Burton's Batman that were printed on EVERYTHING.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.