Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97316 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #225 on: January 10, 2005, 09:44 AM »
The Star Wars section at Wal-Mart remains empty right now, with the only figs in the store being in the clearance aisles (Gen. Lando, Lobot, Madine, Bespin Leia for $3).  We did pick up the Jedi Force X-Wing (along with Luke and the Droids) for our nephew for his third birthday...gave them to him yesterday, and he loved them.  The Luke seemed to be his favorite gift, glad he was happy with them.

Also, Target has clearances going as well.  A little bit of the early POTC figs (Padme, Sly) here and there, but otherwise pretty bare pegs there as well.  The aisles have been revamped, so there are plenty o' pegs for Star Wars now, just nothing on them.  Did find the OTC Falcon clearanced for $25, and had it in the cart, but ended up putting it back.  I want it, but really don't have the room for it.  If it is still there the next time we go, I might be tempted.  Otherwise, not much new around these parts, still looking for the new animated figs and the Cantina wave.  Oh, also, VOTC figures are totally gone around here now.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2005, 09:53 AM »
Yeah, we have 2 Wal-Marts in my area.  One had the $3 clearence items to and they "disappeared".   In their place were new figures.  The other Wal-Mart is stacked with the Endor wave for now until the end of time I fear. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 12, 2005, 10:49 AM »
Stopped in at TRU yesterday just on the odd chance they might have some new Star Wars (Cantina Wave) or perhaps Marvel Legends.  Checking out the Star Wars section, they must have finally decided to clear out the stock room or something, because they had two pegs full of fresh VOTC figures.  First time I had ever seen a Chewie on the pegs.  I have all of them now, and didn't really have the cash to pick up any extras, but it was funny that they finally show up now after having those pegs empty for so long.  They had Leia, Obi, Luke, Vader, R2, Chewie, 3PO, and Lando from what I saw.  Surprisingly, no Hans.  Other than that, nothing but Saga figures as far as the eye could see.  And really old ones (Dexter Jettster and Zam), they really need to think about clearing those out.  Waiting to see what they are going to do with the pile of Falcons they have there too.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 12, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Found Feltipern Trevagg at Target yesterday. He's awesome. No Myo or Jerriko. Can't wait to find Myo! I wish I'd spot some $5 clearance VOTCs everyone's talking about; everyone around here still wants ten for 'em. ::) I'd like to grab a few of the characters I was iffy on at the $10 level.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 12, 2005, 04:46 PM »
Only Walmarts around here still have VOTC - about 500 Hans at $7 each.

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #230 on: January 12, 2005, 08:51 PM »
I got VOTC Han for $5 today at my WM.  Just him, Luke, and Ben.  If anyone can help me out with a VOTC Chewie (at retail), let me know.  He's all I need.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2005, 10:45 PM »
After tomorrow I'm gonna try to run around looking, so I'll keep my eyes open for a Chewie for you Spuffy, but ROTJ wave's been non-existant mostly, and Chewie I've seen less of than R2 and 3PO at this point. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2005, 11:22 PM »
Thanks, Jesse.   :)

Edit: Oh and by the way - I forgot about Leia.  If you find her around cheap ($5 WM cheap) I need her too.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 11:24 PM by Spuffy »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #233 on: January 14, 2005, 12:16 AM »
Spuff, tonight I was at WM and didn't see a Leia...  Luke, Han and Obi I did see though, so I'll keep my eyes open further.  I should be at a WM or two between now and next week I'd think.

And on that note...

I got:

VOTC $5
-Han

OTC $2
-Gam Guard
-2 Cloud Car Pilots
-1 Scanner Tech
& ***Drum Roll***

All 3 Cantina wave for $2 as well...  :)  Muhahahahahahaha
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2005, 12:27 AM »
Darby- the W'loo WM has Luke and Ben for $7. I'm sure the price will drop some more on them. They're located in those disorganized aisles near the garden center. They aren't hanging up; they're sitting on a shelf. Hope that helps. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 18, 2005, 08:44 AM »
Picked up the Cantina wave figs at Wal-Mart this weekend, for $5.88 each.  Caught up now aside from the Animated Clone Wars figures, which haven't shown in town at all yet.  It got me to thinking, $5.88 isn't a terrible price, but it looks kind of bad in some instances when I picked up Toy Biz's Super articulated (McFarlane) Spider-Man and Sandman this week for the same price.  And, the LOTR figures are hanging right next to Star Wars for the same price.  ;)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #236 on: January 18, 2005, 03:21 PM »
Actually Ben even though the VOTC are tagged at $7, they ring up $5!  So I got all those.  Thanks though.  And thanks Jesse for looking.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2005, 01:14 AM »
On a totally different note:

Can you imagine paying $100 for yet another one of the re-re-re-rehashed Hans? 
I don't imagine it'll be selling anytime soon.   ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2005, 11:47 PM »
Anyone seen the #09 Dagobah Luke and #10 Darth Vader 2005 Post-OTC repacks around town?

I had this case pre-ordered to fill in my Post-OTC repacks for my carded collection, but friggin' EE and Hasbro just cancelled all outstanding orders for the Post-OTC figures!

So, now I gotta worry about tracking down a minty-mint Post-OTC Luke and Vader for my carded colection...  ::)

Thanks a lot EE/Hasbro!   >:(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2005, 04:24 AM »
Spuffy, I'm still searching.  Nothing found tonight (not a single '04 or prior figure on the shelves actually).

I'll let ya know asap though, after the snow's through and I can get back to a closer WM I feel sure will have stuff.