Author Topic: 3rd Party Kenner Retro-Style Toys  (Read 9053 times)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Party Kenner Retro-Style Toys
« Reply #240 on: July 14, 2023, 06:30 AM »
Just to poke the bear a little, I sent a FB message to Krahn asking on shipping status.  For someone supposedly on the run from the law, he seems to show up on FB messenger quite a lot.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 14, 2023, 10:24 AM »
I keep wondering (and I might have said this already) if anyone has actually taken Krahn up on his idea to call the factory and ask what’s up.

I wonder who you’d speak to and if they’d say he was nuts.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2023, 10:33 AM »
I would be someone has, but I haven't heard about anyone doing it.  I wonder if he really engaged the factory or not.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 16, 2023, 10:37 AM »
Their website is so bad I don’t even think it’s a factory.  Looks like a single person who occasionally produces miniature unarticulated resin ships for board games and such.

I’m going to see if they have an email address and shoot them a note if they do.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 10:39 AM by Rob »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 17, 2023, 11:06 AM »
There is certainly nothing on that website that shows they would be capable of making the Banthas.  It looks more like a guy who bought a couple 3D printers and set up his on website to sell stuff.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 17, 2023, 11:51 AM »
I just emailed them.  I'm not expecting a reply, but I'll of course let everyone know.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 17, 2023, 02:50 PM »
Got a quick reply this morning… 🤷‍♂️

hi yeah sorry , i have nothing to do with the sales of the Bantha , we have only had the production for a short while. the project is in the works and we are a little behind. but the project will be done soon. Chris did not contact me before he posted my information , and yes we have been contacted , and actually threaten saying we have had the job for 4 years. I have not. I am a one man company and we are working this job in between. i had hoped it would be done in june but looks like August . I'll make a announcement once i am done . but these will ship to chris and you will be dealing with him. I have no ideal how many he sold but he has only ordered so many and I will not produce for him again.
also i have made these better than what was shipped to me
hope that helps.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 17, 2023, 03:24 PM »
Kind of a dick move to post the guy's contact info if he really isn't the hold up.  I like that the production guy says he's not going to work for him again - that should speak volumes...

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 17, 2023, 03:38 PM »
I feel bad for anyone who gets sucked into the Bermuda Triangle of Chris Krahn and wish this guy the best if and when he completes his obligation and shifts it back to TFSB to uphold their self-identified "middleman" role.

I wonder if there is a sort of VP to send things out with Krahn being essentially out of the picture.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 17, 2023, 03:59 PM »
Yeah in a follow up email he said I was one of the only people who wrote him and was actually nice.  Sounds like plenty of morons ate it all up and wrote this guy like any of this is his fault.

Like how hard would it have been for the last SLC update to have said "we were expecting July but now it looks more like August, thanks for your patience, we'll keep you updated."

« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 04:57 PM by Rob »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 18, 2023, 07:10 AM »
I'm surprised this guy responded at all.  That being said, I have severe doubts of any date being made.  Granted this is what Krahn said, but his update claims that the "factory" was supposed to finish these in October and Krahn promised a shipping date around Christmas.  By August, we will be almost a year off of that.  The other end of this is can this "factory" actually handle something like this?

From his website:
We are here for you, a full service Commercial and fine Art resin casting company.

A complete studio for mold making, Resin casting, sculpture, prototype and model making with 30 years of experience.
We can take your art work or prototype and  reproduce as few as 1 up to 1000
with the highest precision.

We are located in Fort worth TX  but we have customers all over
the USA, Canada, and the UK. We produce high quality
urethane resin castings , from small gaming miniatures to life size figures.
Garage kits, Dinosaurs, animals, and western sculptures.
We have over 20 years working on architectural art work, fountains, moldings,
statues, and fireplaces for cast stone.

We can easily take you rapid prototype , make a silicon mold and
cast in resin in a short time.
We can work with all most any material, wax, clay, wood, stone.
There is not much we can not mold and cast.

We also have a complete sculpting house in case you have a ideal but
don't know how to bring it to life, let us help.

Contact me if you have any questions or wish to have castings or molds made.
-Christopher Lynch

Static resin models doesn't really line up with what the Bantha is supposed to be.  Looking at his product for sale, I would say the quality is on par with those little holo figures that were pack ins with Star Wars figures all those years ago.

As I'm going down this rabbit hole, I reread some of the updates from TFSB.  He claims the wave of 13 was one of the most ambitious crowd funding projects of all time and a lot of them take this long to be finished.  Of the 13, I would say Beru, Owen, RFT, Antilles, Spaceman, and Thrawn are more or less unique sculpts.  RFT and Antilles are pretty close to each other.  So the remaining 7 are rehashs of existing.  Holo Leia is just a vintage Leia.  Sandtrooper is slight mod to Stormtrooper.  Wedge and Bigss are X-Wing Luke with new heads.  The astromech is just R2 with a new head.  Motti is just imperial officer with a new head.  ST Han is just ST Luke with a new head.  Not as ambitious as he makes it out to be.  SS has put out a ton of product in the same timeframe.  Granted, a lot of his stuff is vintage replicas or based off of R2, C-3PO, or Death Star Droid.  However, he made Garindan, Slave Leia, Oola, and RFT which are all new sculpts.  That is four new sculpts right there compared to the six new sculpts in the 13.  I believe his Fetts are also a new mold compared to the vintage one. He also made the speeder and Bantha and got them out to customers.

At this point the excuses are pretty lame and don't hold water.  Even if this "factory" completes some sort of Bantha.  I doubt they see the light of day.  Krahn is done shipping out anything else at this point.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #251 on: July 18, 2023, 10:16 AM »
Chris Smith
Chris Krahn
Christopher Lynch

Is like every guy involved in this named Chris?  Are you sure it's not just one guy with multiple personalities, Moon Knight style?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 18, 2023, 11:15 AM »
I've asked myself the same thing.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #253 on: July 18, 2023, 12:31 PM »
Our GPS Flight Ops team has more guys named Josh than women.  I an almost certain the Lockheed/Martin hiring process is:

LM: "Hi, what's your name?"

Dude in for the interview: "My names Josh --"

LM: "You're hired!"
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 19, 2023, 02:08 PM »
I've never bought from Stan Solo or any of the 3rd party companies, but with Stan Solo's pre-order for the Tonnika sisters happening, and the fact that Hasbro probably won't ever make these, I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

What are people's recommendation on the best way and time to get these?  Just pre-order them from the UK (42 pounds each) and pay shipping, or try and buy them elsewhere?