Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 209078 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #705 on: May 22, 2020, 02:36 PM »
Got Comm. Bly in the mail today from Pulse.  It's the error variant.  >:(  Is this the more common version or is there hope to get the correct one?

I checked mine too (from Pulse) and its the error variant.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 22, 2020, 06:39 PM »
Got Comm. Bly in the mail today from Pulse.  It's the error variant.  >:(  Is this the more common version or is there hope to get the correct one?

I checked mine too (from Pulse) and its the error variant.

Some guy told me he thought the correct version is a Disney exclusive.  I’m not sure I buy that though.  I think the correct version has only been found there so far?  I think Masters Jeff and Jay could answer this.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #707 on: May 22, 2020, 10:53 PM »
I think Masters Jeff and Jay could answer this.

I barely pay attention to the 6" line these days, let alone the variants. I post the Hasbro Black Series 6" announcements then pretty much forget about this line for the most part. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 23, 2020, 12:51 PM »
Neither Bly variant is an exclusive to anywhere. Just different production runs.

Found a lone Knight of Ren at Target this morning, so missed him and Dooku again. So vexing.

I did pick up a lone Hoth Rebel Soldier who was sitting all by himself on the pegs for some reason. They probably found him hidden somewhere I am guessing. Up to three on that guy now, should probably stop there.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 24, 2020, 06:21 PM »
I have two Bly coming from Gamestop and was hoping to get one of each variant via trade.  Not sure which one will arrive, but I'll post when they get here if anyone's interested in swapping.

We'll, if you get two correct versions, I'll trade you mine.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 25, 2020, 09:42 AM »
I’m still waiting on my Commander Bly preorder.  But isn’t it peculiar that the paint apps on this figure are the source of a variation?  Because I remember a similar thing happened with Bly back in 2005 with the ROTS 3.75” figure line.  Did Hasbro do this deliberately this time?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 28, 2020, 03:08 PM »
Beskar Mando wave is up for pre-order!  New look for Black Series!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 28, 2020, 08:00 PM »
Broke down and pre-ordered the Mando and Stormtrooper.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 29, 2020, 09:04 AM »
Last night, after years of looking, I was finally able to purchase the very elusive 6” Sabine variant with holster pegs. That is the closest thing I have had to a Holy Grail since this line started. So happy!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 1, 2020, 12:38 PM »
Last night, after years of looking, I was finally able to purchase the very elusive 6” Sabine variant with holster pegs. That is the closest thing I have had to a Holy Grail since this line started. So happy!

Congrats!  I did the exact same thing at a toy show a few months back.  Such a good feeling to have that one crossed off the list.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 6, 2020, 03:39 PM »
Glory of glories, I found Dooku!  :D

He was just chilling in Walgreens next to Yavin Luke. Even though I have one on back order from GameStop, who knows if that ever gets filled. So I pounced.

Just need both Blys and nice carded Dagobah R2 and I’m all caught up with current stuff. Well, except for the GameStop Stormtrooper Commander, need that guy now too and he has been out of stock forever.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 6, 2020, 04:26 PM »
I have been wanting a complete set of the figures from the Solo movie to open, so I recently made a run on them via Amazon - scored Han, Chewie (Vandor-1), Lando, L3-37, Val (Vandor-1), Tobias Beckett, Qi'ra (Corellia), Rio Durant, Enfys Nest w/Swoop, Imperial Range Trooper, Imperial Scout Trooper & Dryden Vos - all for around $160 total (MSRP is $280).

What kicked it all off was buying Moloch for $12 at my local Target when I was out looking for some openers of the 40th Anniversary ESB Black Series figures.

So now all I need is Mudtrooper Han and the Mimban Stormtrooper and I'll have a complete set both open and MIB.

If you have a chance to score Enfys Nest w/her Swoop Bike at a discounted price, jump on it, the vehicle is VERY impressive. I thought the 6" Rey Speeder was amazing, this beats it hands-down.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 22, 2020, 12:18 AM »
I have two Bly coming from Gamestop and was hoping to get one of each variant via trade.  Not sure which one will arrive, but I'll post when they get here if anyone's interested in swapping.

We'll, if you get two correct versions, I'll trade you mine.

Got my Blys from Gamestop and they are also the all yellow chin version versus the brown chin stripe.  Bummer.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 22, 2020, 09:48 PM »
The Grievous I ordered from Amazon/Woot arrived today, and I have ESB 40AC Lando scheduled to be delivered tomorrow
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 27, 2020, 10:58 PM »
Got 3 separate packages from GameStop while away on vacation, Dooku, and 1 each of the new Gaming Greats Stormtroopers.

GameStop has a BOGOHO deal on action figures right now so I picked up another Shadow Stormtrooper and Stormtrooper Commander. With the discount and Free Shipping it only came to $39.46! Seemed like a great deal on those to me.