Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337007 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #495 on: December 14, 2010, 07:21 PM »
Now all I need to do is find the new vehicles (Plo Koon's JSF, Xanadu Blood, Droid Gunship & Tri Droid Fighter) and I'll be all set.

I ordered the first three on your list for $19ish a pop on HTS last week, but I think I'm finally done with general vehicle repaints - especially CW type stuff (outside of those Jedi Fighters mind you)   :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 09:14 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 14, 2010, 10:39 PM »
Got my Droid Tri-Fighter in the mail today from HTS, well packed and in mostly minty shape. This thing is awesome - I had no idea it came with deployable Buzz Droids!

Received shipping confirmation on my HMP Gunship also...should be here in a couple of days.

And that would be it for 2010!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 15, 2010, 12:04 AM »
Got my Droid Tri-Fighter in the mail today from HTS, well packed and in mostly minty shape. This thing is awesome - I had no idea it came with deployable Buzz Droids!

Is this a new Tri-Fighter sculpt or is it just a repaint of the ROTS release?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #498 on: December 15, 2010, 12:56 AM »
It's a CW repaint of the ROTS ship, which is sort of funny because the CW hasn't shown it much at all.  I think it had a brief glimpse this season during the attack on Kamino.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 16, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Plo Koon's ship just got delivered.  Now just another few days for Xanadu Blood.  I kinda like getting packages every few days...Reminds me of my glory days on eBay.   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #500 on: December 16, 2010, 12:07 PM »
The Tri-Fighter is my least favorite vehicles in Hasbro's entire line. It just seem way too big to me for some reason so I'll definitely skip this "new" one.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 20, 2010, 07:46 PM »
Got Bane's ride earlier today...Now the wait is on for the Transfomers that are in transit.  5 different packages from HTS - crazy.  Just glad I didn't have to foot the bill for shipping. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 21, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Picked up my HMP Gunship from the Post Office yesterday. The package was slightly dinged (again) so if I don't end up opening this I will just return it for a better copy when they hit retail next year. Still good to snag one last score before the end of the year though.

And I grabbed a helmeted Cato packaging variant last night at Wally just for kicks.

Now I'm done.  ;D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 22, 2010, 09:09 PM »
Picked up an opener of Cad Bane's Xandu Blood tonight - I still need to score nice mint-in-box sets of the Plo Koon JSF and this vehicle, but it's great to finally have this vehicle to open.

I was playing around with a second Zam Wessell speeder that I acquired from my step-son when he "out grew" Star Wars and I was able to pose a Cato Parasitti in the cockpit extremely well, so I also picked up another Cato to open and permanently display in the vehicle.

I also picked up two more Draa figures, not sure why really, if I open them that will bring my open count to four, not sure if I need that many, so I may just return them.

I also finally sent away for six Sargeant Bric mail-aways, hopefully I'll have those by sometime in February.

Edit: Well, when I went to open up the Xanadu Blood and put it together, I discovered that one of the two missile launchers was defective, most likely due to some extraneous plastic being left on the ship parts from the mold and the missile would not fit in the missile tube. So I had to return the ship.  >:(

Oh well, back to hunting for this ship both to open and to have MIB....
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 07:10 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 23, 2010, 10:38 PM »
Saw Cato and Embo for the first time ever at Wal-Mart, got 'em both for $6 each. Cato didn't ring up, thankfully the cashier re-scanned Embo instead. I'm saving them for X-Mas/Post X-mas opening.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 12, 2011, 03:28 PM »
Walked into Toys R Us today and it was like the Land that Time Forgot...not only did they have shelves filled with Y-Wings (not marked as clearance, but who knows) but they also had a full case of the last red/white BP's from a year ago! (Holocron Heist, Jedi Showdown, etc)

This stuns me not only because of how old they are, but because this is the only time I have ever seen those on the shelves around here. I had to order mine off HTS. Crazy.

I wonder if they just found a box in the back or someone is clearing out the local warehouse.

Also of note: Walmart has a new planogram reset: with NO LEGENDS figures! That blew my mind too. They have 1 row for TCW (4 pegs) and 1 row for TVC (4 pegs) and that's IT. There were no Legends figures to be seen anywhere. I have to say, I didn't miss them. I wonder if this is just a temporary deal or what.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #506 on: January 12, 2011, 04:17 PM »
Also of note: Walmart has a new planogram reset: with NO LEGENDS figures! That blew my mind too. They have 1 row for TCW (4 pegs) and 1 row for TVC (4 pegs) and that's IT. There were no Legends figures to be seen anywhere. I have to say, I didn't miss them. I wonder if this is just a temporary deal or what.

They'll probably have a free standing island of them or some crazy display out in the lawn and garden section like usual.  ::)  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #507 on: January 12, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Interesting about all the red/white stuff showing up.  I'm assuming it is an inventorying find, but it's still a little early for that.  It'd be nice if it was massive clearance dumps ala 1998 though.  Imagine BAD figures dumped like those great sales back then?  I'd go ape I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 16, 2011, 06:48 PM »
Found a clearanced $20 Y-Wing at TJMaxx this afternoon 8)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 20, 2011, 10:31 AM »
Found a clearanced $20 Y-Wing at TJMaxx this afternoon 8)

thanks to you I grabbed one too   ;D

I was hoping to also be able to use it for the Hasbro free toy promo thing going on, but TJ Maxx just has this listed as "toy/books" on the receipt, nothing to indicate SW.  I am wondering if I mail it in with the UPC (since UPC's are not required) if they will accept it then as further evidence that it was a SW purchase.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:34 AM by shmashwitdaclub »