Author Topic: Rogue One 3.75" Wave 1  (Read 25393 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Rogue One 3.75" Wave 1
« on: August 28, 2016, 05:50 PM »
THIS JTA POSTING shows what seems to be the first wave of ROGUE ONE figures, with a look at the carded front and back of each figure.  Included in this wave are the following:

-Kanan Jarrus (Stormtrooper Disguise)
-K-2SO
-Imperial Stormtrooper
-Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu)
-Imperial Ground Crew
-Kylo Ren
-Sabine Wren

The carded back images show enough detail where you can read the character bio.  And there's a segment of the cardback that also highlights the new Hasbro Star Wars StudioFX App, which allows you to make videos with your Star Wars toys.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue One 3.75" Wave 1
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 06:27 PM »
Not too bad for 5 POA GARBAGE  >:(

Seriously, not a bad line-up. Kylo Ren's probably the least interesting. But he sells, so it's no surprise he's in there. Kanan's figure comes a bit too late, but it happens. I guess Sabine is getting a 3rd season makeover, too.

No more build-a-thingies. Instead zip-lines, gear and the old stand-by of launching weapons.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 07:00 PM »
It looks okay.  And okay is about as far as I'm prepared to go at this point in time.

The interesting point?  The Imperial Ground Crew.  Looking at that figure and it's accessories, I'm finally putting the pieces together with the images of Jyn Erso in the Imperial uniform at the end of the ROGUE ONE teaser.  Because based on these new images I think she's in a Ground Crew uniform, and not a TIE Pilot flight suit like a lot of people have previously theorized.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 08:45 PM »
The articulation is crap, but the level of detail looks good.  Hopefully these aren't more than about $6.99.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 09:11 PM »
Good call on the Jyn being in the Ground Crew uniform - the sticks seem to give it away. Also the chest box is identical to hers. I really like all these. The Stormtrooper is sick. If this indeed all there is as has been rumored than I'd be very surprised. Doesn't add up though as there are 7 figures which is one too many if they keep with the 2 per case distor they have now. Also, unless someone knows different, aren't there still two 5 POA assortments as there are now? The Rey we saw at SDCC is in the same assortment as these B7072, so either this isn't everyone or she's coming later.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 12:10 AM »
They'll short change the ladies at one per case just annoy everyone. Can't have a Sabine figure fans can actually find now, can we?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 09:15 AM »
Is that a kitbashed Kylo? Appears to have the body of the helmetless version. Which is the version I wish we were getting.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 10:33 AM »
Also, unless someone knows different, aren't there still two 5 POA assortments as there are now? The Rey we saw at SDCC is in the same assortment as these B7072, so either this isn't everyone or she's coming later.

It sounds like we are back to one basic figure assortment, not two.  Also sounds like the "two of everyone per case" thing is gone again.

Head-wrap Rey is rumored to be in Wave 2 with Chirrut, Jyn #2, Krennic, Cassian, Rebels Leia, and Vader.  Wave 2 may or may not be available at launch, depends on how much gets shipped in time.

Is that a kitbashed Kylo? Appears to have the body of the helmetless version. Which is the version I wish we were getting.

Someone (maybe Jayson at Yakface?) said they thought it looked like the hood and body from the Unmasked "Ben" Kylo, but with the Armor Up helmeted head instead of the Unmasked Ben head.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 05:51 PM »
The Kylo Ren was entirely NOT NECESSARY for this wave - they should have kept it to the four Rogue One figures and the two Rebels figures and shipped them at 2x per case. At least that way, those of us who wanted to skip Farce Friday 2016 could just order a case of these and be done with anything new until the movie comes out...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 06:20 PM »
Kylo Ren is necessary FOR HASBRO.  And for the retailers.  Why?  Because he sells through.  He has sold through on refresh case after refresh case of third tier characters.  And he probably will in this instance, too.

Hasbro is not going to blow their ROGUE ONE load on a single wave of figures.  Especially since the ROGUE ONE line launch will no doubt feature more than a single wave of 3.75" Basic Figures.  The launch will probably consist of at least 2 waves of basic figures, 1 wave of deluxe figures, 1 wave of 6" figures, and 1 wave each of Class I, II and III vehicles.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 06:27 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 08:25 PM »
I just hope they come up with something better than those God awful Armor Up figures for deluxe.  Those were horrible in terms of value, creativity, playability... Everything.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 10:18 PM »
I agree, the "armor up" crap is probably the worse thing TFA Hasbro did.

Weird - at Walmart, they clearanced them out.  But kept the 2-pks in their planogram.

At Target, the exact opposite... I don't get it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 11:10 PM »
WM's clearancing is always a mess and up to the store managers to a degree.  Mine have clearanced TBS (any of it) and I think deluxe and 2-packs...  basics are on rollback, as it were, but ships are all full price and there is a ton.  I'd not mind a clearanced TIE and to scarf up those Ezra bikes. :x
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 11:52 PM »
The TIE fighters are on clearance in my area at Target - something like $23, I believe.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 11:38 AM »
Kylo Ren is necessary FOR HASBRO.  And for the retailers.  Why?  Because he sells through.  He has sold through on refresh case after refresh case of third tier characters.  And he probably will in this instance, too.

Hasbro is not going to blow their ROGUE ONE load on a single wave of figures.  Especially since the ROGUE ONE line launch will no doubt feature more than a single wave of 3.75" Basic Figures.  The launch will probably consist of at least 2 waves of basic figures, 1 wave of deluxe figures, 1 wave of 6" figures, and 1 wave each of Class I, II and III vehicles.

Actually, I think there will only be one 3.75" 5POA wave at launch. There was a lot of confusion with retailers regarding Jungle/Space/Desert/Snow assortments which was further complicated when not enough product hit stores for the Force Friday launch and managers arbitrarily starting limiting how many of each assortment you could buy.

I think the retailers would want the launch to be as simple as possible which means 1 case of each item type.

Based on the character list of Rogue One, there are a lot more than four characters in Rogue One, especially since the first wave appears to have just Jyn, K2S0, Stormtrooper & Deathtrooper - that leaves plenty of Rogue One characters for Hasbro to put in future assortments - I hardly see how those four figures is Hasbro "blowing their Rogue One load".

The inclusion of Kylo Ren - throws the case off packing ratio wise, which is a frustration more than anything else. A nice 2x pack-out would mean that you could order from EE or JTA and skip the nonsense of Force Friday. He also doesn't sell out, in the local stores around me, there was regularly 5POA Kylo re-releases from the PZ / Goss wave and I'm pretty sure I could walk into at least one of my local WMs right now and score the 3.75" TBS exclusive Kylo Ren. He was done to death and the only version anyone is interested in is the one with his helmet off. If a Kylo Ren absolutely had to be in there, a battle damaged version from during the fight with Rey would have made much more sense.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!