Author Topic: Indiana Jones 4 - The Movie  (Read 84212 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones 4 - The Movie
« Reply #495 on: May 20, 2008, 09:16 AM »
I'm part of a group of 15 that's going on Thursday night. Should be fun. Best part is, it's reserved seats, so no standing in line.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 20, 2008, 10:29 AM »
Roger Ebert gave it a 4.5 out of 5.  Most of the "reviews" I have seen are pretty decent.  It sounds it's an entertaining Indy movie.  No it is not the greatest movie ever better certainly a decent popcorn flick to entertain us for a few hours.  Basically isn't that what most of us were expecting from it?  It will be a fun movie.  Not sure it will be better than Iron Man but still good.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 20, 2008, 10:56 AM »
There seems to be more and more reviews popping up as the week goes on, and most of them are pretty positive.  The main complaint (as mentioned earlier) seems to be too much CGI - but pretty much everyone agrees that its "fun" - and that's all I ask for.  Like I said, reviewers rarely like any of my favorite movies, so I don't put much stock in it - but its even better when they do enjoy them.  Definitely looking forward to Thursday.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 20, 2008, 02:26 PM »
I'm stoked about this, pretty much because I'm a huge Indy fan...watched ROTLA on my computer in bed the other night.  I freakin' love that one...anyway, I'll probably end up waiting until Monday (if possible or maybe Sunday afternoon).  If I can't get in, I'll just wait until school is out (5 June) and remain out of Indy discussions until after I see the movie.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 20, 2008, 05:06 PM »
Just picked up my tickets for the midnight showing.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 20, 2008, 06:37 PM »
I got my ticket today also.  One more day!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 20, 2008, 08:33 PM »
My buddy gave me a call earlier today. Looks like I am watching Indy tommorow night at 8pm  ;D. The guy works at a local AMC so he got me and some other friends free passes to watch the screener of it  :P I have been so pumped for this movie, heck I bought and watched the new DVD this weekend to get ready for it...and because I did not own the dvd and it was a while since I last watched them ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #502 on: May 20, 2008, 10:51 PM »
This type of movie never gets good reviews, hell, I remember that Siskel and Ebert hated the first Star Wars movie.

Well, you remembered wrong!  Ha!  Siskel and Ebert loved Star Wars in 1977.  In fact, if you get a chance read Ebert's original newspaper review.  He essentially says the film was an out-of-body experience for him, because the experience was so intese and overwhelming.   Good stuff. 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #503 on: May 20, 2008, 11:08 PM »
Really?  Wow, well cut me some slack, I was only six at the time!   :P
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 21, 2008, 01:00 AM »
Yeah, Ebert seems to actually enjoy those kind of films.  Few "critics" or as I call them "self proclaimed snots" do.  They would rather see from artsy, fartsy flick that nobody cares about and praise the hell out of it.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 21, 2008, 09:31 AM »
I think this movie should do fairly well in box office. I'm not saying it will one of the top five money makers of all time but it should do as well as Iron Man has been doing. I think there is still an audiance for this kind of movie based on the success of National Treasure and the Lara Croft movies.

Well, I see it tonight at midnight. ;D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 21, 2008, 09:44 AM »
This type of movie never gets good reviews, hell, I remember that Siskel and Ebert hated the first Star Wars movie.

Well, you remembered wrong!  Ha!  Siskel and Ebert loved Star Wars in 1977.  In fact, if you get a chance read Ebert's original newspaper review.  He essentially says the film was an out-of-body experience for him, because the experience was so intese and overwhelming.   Good stuff. 

Yeah, I've gone through before at Ebert's website and read archived reviews, and he really gives a glowing review to Star Wars (I think its actually one of his "best of all time" picks).  Actually, he's given fairly favorable reviews to all of the SW movies (OT in particular I believe), and also gives fairly positive reviews of a lot of other "genre" stuff like superhero flicks.  But yeah, it often seems that national media critics just go in waiting to hate movies like this.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 21, 2008, 10:00 AM »
I have my midnight tickets. It'll be the first time I've ever gone to the midnight showing of a new movie, so it BETTER BE GOOD!!!! :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 21, 2008, 10:40 AM »

Yeah, I've gone through before at Ebert's website and read archived reviews, and he really gives a glowing review to Star Wars (I think its actually one of his "best of all time" picks).  Actually, he's given fairly favorable reviews to all of the SW movies (OT in particular I believe), and also gives fairly positive reviews of a lot of other "genre" stuff like superhero flicks.  But yeah, it often seems that national media critics just go in waiting to hate movies like this.

Not to keep on with the Ebert praise, but I agree with what you guys have said.  He seems to rate films based more within their genre.  He knows what type of films Indy and Star Wars are, so he rates them against their peers, not every film out there.  I respect his reviews more because after all of these years, he still seems to be a huge movie fan.  He's not jaded and pretentious yet.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 21, 2008, 02:30 PM »
I'll be there tonight with a few friends, then leaving in the morning for an out of town funeral - going to be a long couple days.... some fun at first, then back to real life with a family loss.  Very much looking forward to the movie tonight to get my mind off things.