Author Topic: Indiana Jones 4 - The Movie  (Read 84222 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones 4 - The Movie
« Reply #570 on: October 8, 2008, 05:27 PM »
Getting it at Best Buy next week
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 8, 2008, 05:54 PM »
Getting it from Netflix next week  ;)
« Last Edit: October 8, 2008, 05:54 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 8, 2008, 06:17 PM »
Sorry maybe a stupid question but since I don't have a Blu ray I don't know the answer.  When watching an old movie with special effects in it can it make it look cheesier since the clarity is so clear, can you see the strings attached to the puppet another words? 

Also any word if/when the other Indy movies will come out on Blu ray?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #573 on: October 9, 2008, 12:47 AM »
Did anyone see the new South Park tonight?  They had a good joke about Spielberg and Lucas and Indiana Jones and Star Wars.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 9, 2008, 01:15 AM »
Always wondered what a cartoon version of Lucas climaxing would look like. Now I know.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 9, 2008, 09:39 AM »
I was pissing my pants watching that episode last night.  Brilliant.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 15, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Picked the movie up on DVD at Target yesterday. I plan on watching it this weekend. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 16, 2008, 09:10 AM »
I picked up the Special Edition DVD at Target yesterday.  It comes with a fairly nifty (and hardcover) photo book there.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #578 on: October 26, 2008, 02:28 AM »
I borrowed it from my parents and I wanted my money back!!!
He's no good to me open

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 26, 2008, 01:39 PM »
How much does your parents charge for movies?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 17, 2010, 10:10 PM »
You know, I've got more respect for LaBeouf than I did even just a year or so ago.  Even though he did the press for these films and touted how good they were, he's recognized some of the shortcomings even if he may have been the problem.  But what he's said, about both TF and now Indy, didn't come off to me as complaining.  He seemed to recognize what others were saying and owned some of it and he seems genuine that he'd like to do better.

He was a minor reason I didn't like Indy 4, and I had other issues with TF2, but he's been good in some rolls that I've liked such as in Eagle Eye and Disturbia. 

Anyway, I had other issues with Indy and thought they could have easily come up with something better than interdemensional aliens.  But, whatever.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #582 on: May 17, 2010, 11:53 PM »
I don't think he came off as ungrateful or anything...  The whole, "LeBoug SLAMS _____" titles for these quotes of his in interviews are a bit misleading.  He felt Transformers 2 (which I've never seen) wasn't as good as Transformers 1 because it tried too hard to be bigger than TF1...  While not seeing the movie I can still imagine the problem and him being right.

With Indy he seemed to feel the ideas weren't maybe the greatest, but that it was ultimately his job to make it good because he's the actor, and like you said E, he took the blame for that...  How is that slamming Indy?  Indy made a ****-ton of money, as I feel sure TF2 did.  He just thought some of the stuff in the movies was dumb or the wrong way to go...  I thought him swinging with monkeys was utterly stupid and silly, and I thought his feelings were pretty spot-on...  though I'd blame Lucas/Speilberg for going with that.

His sword-fighting was equally dumb.  It's odd enough that Indy walks around with a whip but he at least incorporates it into his work as a tool...  He uses it to climb, swing, etc.  Sorta believable right?

Who the **** walks around with a fencing sword in the 1950's?  And then Lebouf just happened to be there and having  a little fencing experience himself.  Talk about forced action sequence.  That was f'n horrible.  It didn't look bad, but it was stupidly forced trying to give Shia a dazzling "skill" with a weapon like Indy had was all, and it came off horribly I thought.

Swinging with monkeys was simply stupid looking, and an excuse to shoehorn CGI into a chase sequence.  How do you blame LeBouf on that?  That's all Lucas/Speilberg butt-raping Indiana Jones.

Hopefully if Indy 5 happens, they learn from Indy 4...  Part of me thinks they can, and part of me thinks they're so self-absorbed with their technology in films, that they'll want to shoehorn even more in, at the cost of the movie's quality.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 18, 2010, 10:20 AM »
LaBeouf is class act. He can admit his own failings unlike Jake Lloyd that STILL insists that Ep1 wasn't his fault. Yipppie! :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 18, 2010, 10:34 AM »
I actually enjoy LaBeouf in most of his roles, and think he is a pretty decent actor.  I can see why he was the "it" boy the past couple years.  I actually didn't have a problem with him in Indy (or Transformers for that matter).  Like it has been mentioned, the stuff in Indy wasn't really anything he could control - his acting seemed fine and I thought his chemistry with Ford was pretty good too.  Jesse pretty much hit on the major problems in that movie, and I pretty much agree with all that.  I thought the fencing seemed a bit forced as well, and I don't know of anyone who enjoys that monkey swinging schtick.  I don't have a problem with him being in Indy V as well, although I don't necessarily want to see him "take over" for Ford.  To me, it isn't Indy without Harrison Ford, and I don't think we want to see "Mutt's Fencing Adventures" either.

Like others have said, I didn't really think his comments in either instance (TF or Indy) were "slamming" either of the films, or ungrateful.  He never said anything about the movies being garbage or not wanting to be in more of them, he was just recognizing the shortcomings.  I know we've seen worse come out of some of the Star Wars actors about those movies (the prequels in particular) at times.