Author Topic: Indiana Jones 4 - The Movie  (Read 84902 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Indiana Jones 4
« Reply #240 on: June 23, 2007, 10:37 PM »
Well that actually looks much much better than the last pic. Feeling better already.

Nevermind then.  :-[
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 08:49 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2007, 12:09 AM »
Well that actually looks much much better than the last pic. Feeling better already.

This is from an episode of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles - shot fourteen years ago:

This is from the set of the new movie, shot this week:

« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 12:15 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #242 on: June 24, 2007, 02:11 PM »
Can't remember where I read it, but it said that Ford might have a beard in the new film.  It would be interesting if he looked shaggy and dufferish in the beginning (like his Dad) but when he gets called to adventure, he busts out the old gear and gets a shave and haircut!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 25, 2007, 10:14 AM »
As much as I've not wanted this movie to happen, I gotta admit--it's pretty ******' cool seeing Ford in that getup again.

I'm right there with you. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 25, 2007, 07:38 PM »
There's a video of the first day of shooting up at The Indy Site.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 06:37 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #245 on: June 25, 2007, 07:44 PM »
Maybe it's the lack of a SW film, but the TV wishes have really got me going there...  Either way, I'm simply fired up about this.  One last ride with Indy is something I'm really getting pumped for, especially like Matt said with the photo of him and seeing him in the get-up again...  Damn.  I can't wait!  I think the hopes (and fears) of a new toy line by Hasbro have me a little on the edge of my seat too.  If there's a license out there that I think could have some really high potential to it, it's Indiana Jones.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 26, 2007, 09:09 AM »
I agree with Jesse and Matt, seeing that pic of Ford in the Jones get-up last week really was cool.  I'm getting pretty pumped for this movie as well, and I hope it lives up to expectations.  Plus, I really hope that the toyline from Hasbro is nicely done.  I remember modifying my Han Solo figures as a kid to have an Indy action figure (don't remember seeing the vintage toy line as a kid).  I just hope they do it up "Star Wars style" in the same scale/articulation/etc.  It would be pretty cool to have Star Wars, Indy, and even the new 25th Joes all in the same scale.

Its nice to see that they are at least having a few updates on the official Indiana Jones website like the pic last week and now this video.  It might not be much, but its nice to at least have some sort of peek into the movie.  Hopefully we'll see more soon, definitely looking forward to it.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2007, 09:19 AM »
Despite official statements to the contrary, I found out that some Myan sets have been built on the Universal lot here in LA.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2007, 06:41 PM »
My bad for not contextualizing the pic I posted. Here's the clip from Young Indy. Evenflow, sorry to get your hopes up, but thanks for completely proving my point for me that the 14-year-old pic looks way more interesting.

Can't remember where I read it, but it said that Ford might have a beard in the new film.  It would be interesting if he looked shaggy and dufferish in the beginning (like his Dad) but when he gets called to adventure, he busts out the old gear and gets a shave and haircut!

That would be awesome....

Dang, I impress even myself sometimes.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 07:02 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #249 on: July 5, 2007, 05:01 PM »
As cool as that last pic of Indy was, this one, well, isn't:

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 5, 2007, 05:18 PM »
Hopefully that will only show up in the deleted scenes...

The shot of him with the classic hat looks awesome though.  I can't help but get excited about the potential of this movie. 

As for a toy line, I agree that it has potential, but nothing like Star Wars does.  There's a lot of figures from the old films that I'd personally buy, but I don't know how much appeal it will have compared to something in a galaxy far, far away.  There's just not the same type of variety... I think it would be even a higher percentage of collectors getting these than the percentage of the market there is for Star Wars... I just can't see kids getting nearly as excited.  Indy is awesome, but lacks the iconic villians... No Darth Vader or Boba Fett appeal.  Really it's almost entirely good guys.  Most people probably can't even name the villians from the Indy films.

:P

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 5, 2007, 05:24 PM »
Hopefully that will only show up in the deleted scenes...

The shot of him with the classic hat looks awesome though.  I can't help but get excited about the potential of this movie. 

As for a toy line, I agree that it has potential, but nothing like Star Wars does.  There's a lot of figures from the old films that I'd personally buy, but I don't know how much appeal it will have compared to something in a galaxy far, far away.  There's just not the same type of variety... I think it would be even a higher percentage of collectors getting these than the percentage of the market there is for Star Wars... I just can't see kids getting nearly as excited.  Indy is awesome, but lacks the iconic villians... No Darth Vader or Boba Fett appeal.  Really it's almost entirely good guys.  Most people probably can't even name the villians from the Indy films.

:P

NAZI! thats the only villians i can think of :P

i am actually pretty excited for this movie. i have always loved the Indy movies. the shot of him with his hat is awsome...not so much with the biker shot lol
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 5, 2007, 06:06 PM »
The only ones I can name are Toht, Belloq, Elsa & Hitler.  :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #253 on: July 5, 2007, 06:13 PM »
The Indy toys never did well back in the day, even right after Raiders came out, and there were hardly any at all for Temple of Doom, and I can't remember anybody doing anything, toy-wise, for Last Crusade.

So it's befuddling to me that all these companies are jumping back into the license like they are.  LEGO, Hasbro, Burger King. . .  All making toys, apparently aimed at kids, based on a twenty-five year old property, that never did all that well in the way of merchandise, and featuring a sixty-five year old man in the latest installment?

I mean, it's cool and all, as I'm really looking forward to seeing everything--especially Hasbro's stuff--but if it didn't work back then, why would it now?

I thought we'd see more higher-end type collectibles, aimed at the older collectors who grew up with the films in the eighties.  Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas (well, maybe not Master Replicas, anymore), that type of stuff.  But there's really nothing high-end on the horizon at all, aside from that $1500 statue from Kotobukkake or whoever it is.

Very strange deal to me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #254 on: July 5, 2007, 09:55 PM »
My theory goes like this...

Then = kid driven markets...

Now = Collector driven markets...

The only IJ3 stuff I recall was some Micro Machine items, I think, but yeah very little marketing.  Still the Raiders line was up against G.I. Joe, the bain of Star Wars toys at the time, so I think Indy just appealed to the older audience then more than a film like Star Wars, and subsequently kids didn't support it much.  Flash forward to now though, and kids obviously are important but at the same time entire lines of toys thrive off adults too...  I think as much as there's that "kid" push going on, I think the rationale is that they know adults are going to go ape**** for IJ stuff, and that adults can sustain the basis for a marketing blitz while they hope kids will just jump in and jump out like usual.

Those are my thoughts on it all anyway.  They know there's been a demand, they know there's some weird tie to Star Wars and collectors that drives them to buy Indy ****, so they think it's worth the gamble to see if they can pull off something similar if not a little shorter lifespan (most likely) to it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77