Author Topic: .0300 Gungan Warrior  (Read 6405 times)

obi_robz

.0300 Gungan Warrior
« on: May 31, 2003, 05:09 PM »
Hi there,

I asked this question over at RS, but I got no response. Why is this figure (see link) so expensive? How is it different from the other issues? I’m just wondering because this is the version that I have.

http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=new_products&id=700

Cheers,
Rob :)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: .0300 Gungan Warrior
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 05:58 PM »
Didn't even know there was a .03 version.  I only knew of the .00, .01 and .03 versions.
dustrho

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: June 1, 2003, 01:42 AM »
I think you meant to say; .0000, .0100 & .0400 Chris...
No biggie...

The .0300 variation has nothing really special about it. Each specific release coincided with a different wave of POTJ figures being released. Those figures appeared on the card backs, sort of like the 12 back or 20/21 backs of the vintage era. The .0300 Gungan Warrior just had a more limited production number and was not availible for too long before Hasbro decided to replace it with the multitude of .0400 Gungan Warriors. It was basically and still is basically more rare to find a .0300 carded Gungan Warrior. I wish it was due to a resculpt or paint difference or error of some sort, but it's just the # and action figures pictured and listed on the back that make it unique. And it's just something that happened quite a bit with different figures for POTJ. Some releases serial #'s are almost unknown due to their scarcity. I hope this helps and I'm sorry it isn't an exciting answer; but it is quite true.
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

obi_robz

« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2003, 06:05 AM »
Hi, thanks for the info :) , I wondered if it would only be a cardback change.  Oh well...

Offline nack5811

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 10:38 AM »
wow i never knew that existed.  I have to go home and check mine to see what I have.  Im not selling it but it would be nice to know.  Are there any more int he POTJ series that are like this?

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 12:27 PM »
There are several different card variations for the POTJ line of figures. I am sure Tom could shed much more light on this for you, as well as our variation checklists which are due online soon.

Offline nack5811

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 12:36 PM »
i'm looking forward to the site comming up.  I just started looking at your vintage checklists and they are great.  they are really helpful and very complete from my understanding ofthe lines.  a little confusing in areas (like which figuers only came out on the 12 back 20/21 back etc) but I am new to the vintage collecting so it will take some time to get used to it.  

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 11:54 PM »
This figure presents collectors a serious gungan, not the humorous Jar Jar.

I think Pt collectors got dissapointed if they paid expensive prices and then saw this figure in a battle pack.