Author Topic: 2019 TVC Wave 3 (aka New TVC Wave 6)  (Read 24814 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2019 TVC Wave 3 (aka New TVC Wave 6)
« Reply #45 on: June 5, 2019, 02:11 AM »
My buddy and I got a case and it came today.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 5, 2019, 11:23 AM »
Is it weird that these haven't shown up on Hasbro Pulse?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 5, 2019, 03:34 PM »
Is it weird that these haven't shown up on Hasbro Pulse?

Yes.  I've been watching and never saw them go up.  There haven't been any reports of this showing up even briefly and selling out.

I'd been hoping for HasbroPulse to carry these, but I may have to resort to Amazon or EE.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 5, 2019, 08:16 PM »
I have been hoping for this wave to show up on Hasbro Pulse as well - since the case is not evenly packed, Hasbro Pulse is my only hope to score a 2nd opener of the young Lando figure (which is AMAZING). I got a case from EE, plus I already ordered another five of the Rogue One Stormtrooper so I can have 6 of those open. I really don't need more of the Chewie, Phasma or Praetorian guard, but if I could score another Phasma and Praetorian for MSRP or cheaper, so I could open them and add the cardback to my cardback collection from all the vintage figures I've opened I'd be happy, but I won't be devastated if that never happens.

Have these figures shown up anywhere besides places like EE, BBTS and Dorkside? I haven't even seen them listed on Amazon.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #49 on: June 7, 2019, 11:48 PM »
This is odd.  The tracker said it was estimating a delivery of today, but the status has never gone past the creation of the label, and now the estimated delivery date is pending.

I wonder what's going on?  Anyone else having issues?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 8, 2019, 10:12 AM »
My case is on the way. No word on my solid cases of Stormtroopers yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 8, 2019, 11:07 PM »
My Stormtroopers are on their way and I just noticed that EE has up for order individuals of all the other figures in this wave, so I put in an order for another young Lando and a Phasma and Praetorian just so I could have one of each of those to open.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2019, 11:52 AM »
So I e-mailed EE about my order status and magically Fed Ex started updating.  Not a slam on EE at all....honestly, this is the first time in the many orders I've put through them that there was any kind of a hiccup.  The stormtroopers should be here tomorrow.  I can't wait to get a good look at these!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2019, 04:08 PM »
I pulled the trigger on a full set from Dorksidetoys.com that had non-mint cardbacks.  At $10 per figure it was worth it.  And I ordered some additional Stormtroopers, too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2019, 10:53 AM »
Received my Stormtroopers yesterday.  They look amazing!  Great for any Rogue One display....I wish they had a holster so I could use them elsewhere.

Something interesting I noticed is that there's a grey paint detail on the TD on one of my troopers, but the second one does not have that.  Looking at the cardback, that paint detail is on the RO trooper....it's not something you see on them in other movies.

After putting together a TK suit and working on 501st approval, I have noticed I really scrutinize Stormtrooper armor now!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2019, 12:57 PM »
Received my Stormtroopers yesterday.  They look amazing!  Great for any Rogue One display....I wish they had a holster so I could use them elsewhere.

Something interesting I noticed is that there's a grey paint detail on the TD on one of my troopers, but the second one does not have that.  Looking at the cardback, that paint detail is on the RO trooper....it's not something you see on them in other movies.

After putting together a TK suit and working on 501st approval, I have noticed I really scrutinize Stormtrooper armor now!   ;D

I was reading over at Bantha Skull that a lot of the Stormies on Endor didn't have holsters either, so you could certainly use them there.

In my Empire display, there are plenty of officers standing in front of them, so if someone can even notice that there's no holster, they get a cookie. I'll certainly buy more if they release them with holsters, but I plan to get my hands on as many of these as possible. I have my older stormies sitting in a hydrogen peroxide bath out in the sun on the deck to see if I can get them to un-yellow a bit.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2019, 01:17 PM »
I wish they had a holster so I could use them elsewhere.

I was reading over at Bantha Skull that a lot of the Stormies on Endor didn't have holsters either, so you could certainly use them there.

I really think the holster thing is over-rated since it's so inconsistent in the movies. 

StarWars.com Stormtrooper Pic Gallery

Look through the pics and see how inconsistent it is.  ANH has troopers with no holsters, left side holsters or right side holsters (even within the same scenes - Tantive and DS).  In ESB (Cloud City), the holster is always on the right hand side.  Most of the ROTJ Stormtroopers have no holster (Death Star II and Endor).

Just take these awesome new Stormtroopers, enjoy them, and put them in whatever scenes you'd like. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2019, 02:30 PM »
Every scene, holsters be damned!  8)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2019, 02:32 PM »
I hit reply with no real plan but to say amen to Jeff's last paragraph.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2019, 05:47 PM »
What Jeff said...  some sandtroopers didn’t have rank pauldrons, holsters were there then not and no rhyme or reason.  I just chalk it up to troopers being individuals even in the fairly strict empire. 🤷‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77