Collectibles > The Black Series 3.75"

Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 1

(1/5) > >>

Jeff:
First wave is starting to pop up on Walmart.com... 

Price = $12.93 and all repacks so far. :(

- Darth Vader
- Chewbacca
- ROTJ Luke Skywalker

And yes, like the rumor that popped up this AM, they are BOXED like the 6" stuff.

SnTrooper:
Worst first wave ever. Even wave 1 Movie Heroes was better than this.

Scockery:
So that really is the old cut elbow Vader? Like people are saying?

Yikes.

Captain Piet:

--- Quote from: SnTrooper on September  4, 2015, 03:51 PM ---Worst first wave ever. Even wave 1 Movie Heroes was better than this.

--- End quote ---

Truer words...

How can they expect this line's past to be its future?

Nicklab:
This exclusive wave is one of the few segments of the 3.75" figure line where I have some optimism.  But still, look at this lineup:

___  Rey (Jakku)
___  Finn (Jakku)
___  Poe Dameron (X-Wing Pilot)
___  Princess Leia Organa (Yavin Medal Ceremony)
___  Kylo Ren
___  First Order Stormtrooper
___  Darth Vader (The Empire Strikes Back) REISSUE
___  Chewbacca REISSUE
___  Han Solo (Return Of The Jedi)  LIKELY REISSUE
___  Luke Skywalker  (Return Of The Jedi) REISSUE

Very likely 40% of this wave is comprised of reissues based on the images we've seen so far.  I get that Hasbro and retailers want to keep some of these characters in the mix.  They're big draws.  In the case of Chewbacca, his appearance in Episode 7 isn't really all that different from the OT.  But why not go with Episode 7 versions of Han or Luke?

As for the new Episode 7 characters in this wave?  I'm refraining from buying the 5POA versions of Kylo Ren, Rey, Finn and Poe Dameron so that I can get superior SA versions like I'm hoping this wave will offer.  But I suspect that with army building potentially picking up again, the First Order Stormtrooper from this wave could be one of the hottest figures of the line, and very tough to find.

Do I like that WalMart got these?  Ugh.  I really dislike the way that WalMart handles exclusives.  Their track record is not the best.  But I also suspect that Hasbro was playing the numbers game in this instance.  WalMart has over 4500 stores domestically.  Far more than Target and TRU combined.  While I prefer shopping at either of those chains, WalMart simply has more stores.  So *MAYBE* this time around they won't f**k it up so badly in terms of distribution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version