Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 399236 times)

Offline Kendo Benobi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #450 on: February 28, 2008, 11:03 PM »
I am new to this board but I think the folks criticizing Hasbro's decision (and it is truly is theirs in the end) have completely lost sight of the fact (yes, fact) that Willrow Hood is infinitely better than yet another Clone Trooper, yet another BARC trooper, yet another Vader, yet another Tatooine Luke, etc.

Back in 1981 or so, I sent Kenner a letter which included a very long list of Star Wars action figures that I really, really, really wanted them to make. I was about 10 years old and I had worked on this list for a long, long time. I typed the letter and then I'd think about another character I hadn't included (I didn't know many of their “real” names back then) and then I'd have to start all over and retype the letter. (This was before home computers.) I remember the day I finally sent the letter because I asked my mother for a stamp and an envelope and she wanted to know why I needed them. Then she insisted upon reading the letter. She thought it was silly and she couldn't understand why I was so obsessed with getting it just perfect. I sent it anyway. 

About a month later, I received this very dry, very wordy letter back from Kenner’s legal department stating why they couldn't accept my list and that I needed to first trademark “my ideas” before submitting them. I was crushed. Not so much because of their response but because they didn't send me my list back.

Things have changed since then big time. Whether you support Willrow or not, consider the 10-year-olds, the 20-year-olds, the 30-year-olds, etc of today who have a collective voice because of forums like this one. And consider that Hasbro actually listens to us and gives us Fan Favorites and Fan Choices, etc. And then consider Scott, who didn't need anyone’s approval (including his mother's) to start a movement around a character most thought would never see the light of plastic.   

I don't care why you did it, Scott. I get to cross another one off my (new) list. Thanks. 

Offline Zalis

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 29, 2008, 03:42 AM »
Wow, I can't believe that he is actually going to be produced. I've lurked on these boards for a long time, so I've known about this petition. I will definitely be grabbing one.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 29, 2008, 11:04 AM »
From what I see...people bitching about this are relatively new to the message board scene and have no idea why, where or how this started.  Yeah it started as a joke.  It turned in to something so much more than that about 2 weeks after it started though, mainly because ******** in this hobby laughed at me.  I understand people asking why, especially new people to the boards.  If I could and still cared enough to post at otheR Sites and explain to 1978 different members about why their opinions suck...I would.  But I can't and I don't care what other people think.

RE: Autographs...not sure how to handle that one yet.  Let us noodle a little bit on that one.

I wouldn't worry too much about what other people are saying...  I don't think their opinions suck so much as it's a matter of them thinking it's a silly figure.  I think that some are they're jealous that another fan (and a fan site) is responsible for this being made (and if that's the case, those people suck).  Most of the people bitching about it will probably end up getting one anyway, and be glad that it was made. 

For the record, I'm all for the figure being made - though he is boring as hell and my collection would be just fine without him being made, and I know that he's not too high on most people's wish lists.  But Dannik Jerriko is boring as hell too.  And I love that figure... many, many other boring characters have seen plastic too... this line is so diverse that there's always room for characters like ICMG to be part of the line. 

Also, I'll be getting at least one to have running through Cloud City, trying to get to his ship before his ice cream melts, and probably a handful of others for customs... if there's one thing I'm pretty sure about, is that this will be a GOOD figure.  They're going to give this figure a great sculpt and great articulation - they do this for almost all background characters these days.  So this figure will probably be very welcome in the collection of just about everyone that collects this stuff.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 11:05 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 29, 2008, 01:13 PM »
I'm looking forward to getting this fig. 1 carded, 1 loose. Depending on sculpt I might even get a third for customs. And heck if there's a chance to get the actor to sign it, I might get a fourth.

I support Scott's initial wrk on this. However it's because of all the support thrown his way with the petition and other methods that really got this done. If it were just one person, I highly doubt it would have happened. Again thanks to Scott, and thanks to the many hundreds maybe even now thousands of people who supported the effort.

Nyrat Agira anyone??
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nyrat_Agira
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 29, 2008, 01:59 PM »
I've always wanted Nyrat Agira to be made.  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 29, 2008, 02:17 PM »
Dorme...  I want Dorme.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #456 on: February 29, 2008, 11:16 PM »
Dorme...  I want Dorme.

Word.  I still have a petition out there somewhere (it actually got a mention in Vogue magazine!).   :)

Right here.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 11:18 PM by Spuffy »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 1, 2008, 12:22 AM »
Dorme...  I want Dorme.

Word.  I still have a petition out there somewhere (it actually got a mention in Vogue magazine!).   :)

Right here.

I signed this one as well. Dorme needs to be made.
I remember my dream now.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 1, 2008, 11:32 AM »
I would buy Dorme. I just signed the petition.  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Kendo Benobi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 2, 2008, 10:32 AM »
Dorme...  I want Dorme.

Right here.

I've signed it, too.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 2, 2008, 10:55 AM »
My #1 never-before-made figure wish is probably Bana Breemu.

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 2, 2008, 11:12 AM »
So now that this figure has come to pass, what obscure character will JD get behind now?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #462 on: March 2, 2008, 11:15 AM »
Delva Racine!

From the Official Site:
"Challenging fashion designer Delva Racine may have gone just a bit too far with her latest collection. She's one of the many patrons seen milling about the Galaxies Opera House."

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 2, 2008, 11:19 AM »
That's a good one. And by good I mean hideous, a worthy follow to up Mr. Hood.  ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Banthaholic

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 2, 2008, 07:48 PM »
There is no doubt there is a mysterious Lore to the Star Wars Holiday Special. The debut of Boba Fett, the debut of Kashyyk, and a revisit to the Mos Eisley Cantina. Wuher is over worked, hasn't has a day off in months. the locals complain at the time to get a drink. Fights break out continuously, he needs some more help. Enter Ackmena. She has an aura of control, the ability to handle to worst the galaxy can throw at her, and rumor has it makes one heck of a Tom Collins.

Like ICMG before, there will be a petition http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html to voice our opinion.

We should not rest until our Cantina's have two bartenders. Ackmena is the answer, the question being when?
Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html