Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336838 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #570 on: July 15, 2011, 06:08 PM »
Target Geonosis Spec ops/Geonosian two pack for $7.49...with tax, almost $8. I knew stashing it at when it was marked 30% off was a wise move...I mean, I'm kidding. That would be wrong.  :-X 

Anyway, check your stores.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 16, 2011, 11:13 AM »
Found Barris and Eeth at a Target today, first CW find at any store for me in a very long time.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 23, 2011, 07:42 PM »
Waxer and Battle Droid for 99 cents...I'm lying, $7.48.

Saw the ATTACK SHUTTLE. Trust me, guys, once you see this baby on a store shelf your opinion on it probably won't change much at all. LOL.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 23, 2011, 10:29 PM »
Waxer and Battle Droid for 99 cents...I'm lying, $7.48.

Saw the ATTACK SHUTTLE. Trust me, guys, once you see this baby on a store shelf your opinion on it probably won't change much at all. LOL.

Was this at a Target that had completed their latest reset in the toy aisles? Or could you tell?

I haven't seen space for this yet in my area, but I assume they will be clearing some in the next week or so.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 24, 2011, 12:09 AM »
I don't go this Target often, it's the farthest within reasonable driving distance. I was there some 2 weeks back , but the aisle mostly looked mostly the same, except today clearance had been moved to an aisle of its own and some other minor shuffling. I'd guess they are in mid-process.   

They still had the Hostage Crisis and Hidden Enemy packs...not reduced at all. 

IRON MAN hall of armor figures with the bases....$2.67! 

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 26, 2011, 05:11 PM »
Picked up the Y Wing Scout Bomber w/ Clone Trooper Pilot and the Republic Scout Speeder w/ ARF Trooper at Target today by using the DPCI Jedi mind trick. They scan with the old deluxe DPCI for the clearance price of $13.08. Cool to save money but not going to be cool when the computer counts never change for them to order more.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #576 on: July 26, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Yeah that's odd they're actually the right way around at TRU.  I would've thought Target had these under a new DPCI.  Nice that they're there too.  Right now I'd rather give my money to Target or WM than TRU, till TRU decides to become a competitive retailer again.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:16 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 26, 2011, 09:10 PM »
They should be under a new DPCI. The pick label on the case is correct which is how I got them to pull it, but the barcode on the toys are tied to the old DPCI. The other two in the case he brought out were the Cad Bane and the Anakin one so I'm sure whoever tied the UPC to the old DPCI at the Target headquarters thought they were a part of the old line.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 28, 2011, 07:30 PM »
I FINALLY found a Target that had done at least a half-assed reset, as they had the Republic Attack Shuttle and RC Republic Tank out. I didn't feel motivated enough to buy either, I would have much preferred the new BP's or some super-cheap Deluxe sets. I guess I may go back and get one or both later tomorrow, but I'm not really on fire about it.

That would've been unthinkable a few months back, leaving new stuff on the shelf. Chalk it up to Hasbro burn-out I guess. Plus a lot of recent binging on the vintage tip.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 28, 2011, 10:19 PM »
I FINALLY found a Target that had done at least a half-assed reset, as they had the Republic Attack Shuttle and RC Republic Tank out. I didn't feel motivated enough to buy either, I would have much preferred the new BP's or some super-cheap Deluxe sets. I guess I may go back and get one or both later tomorrow, but I'm not really on fire about it.

That would've been unthinkable a few months back, leaving new stuff on the shelf. Chalk it up to Hasbro burn-out I guess. Plus a lot of recent binging on the vintage tip.

I hear you.  I saw a bunch of the new stuff today and nabbed the Deluxe, battle packs, and some vintage 3-packs.  But I left behind all 6 of the blue ray sets and the $80 shittle.  I'm still disgruntled about the SDCC Death Star set, so passing on all of these unless I find them on sale or clearance.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 28, 2011, 11:28 PM »
  But I left behind all 6 of the blue ray sets and the $80 shittle

We'll pretend that was a typo.  ;)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 29, 2011, 08:15 AM »
I nabbed the following yesterday:

1 of the new battle packs with the 3 clones
1 of the new battle packs with Bane in disguise
1 Castas deluxe vehicle thingy
1 of the clone deluxe thingys (not the y-wing one)

also got a Fett helmet on clearance for $10 and the mighty beans Millenium Falcon case for $7

its early and it is all in my car - can't be more specific than that atm    :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 29, 2011, 09:58 AM »
  But I left behind all 6 of the blue ray sets and the $80 shittle

We'll pretend that was a typo.  ;)

I make a lot of typos on my phone.
That was not one of them.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 29, 2011, 02:04 PM »
Whew, this may be a lengthy post:

On a whirlwind lunch tour, I hit up a few Targets and the local TRU.

At the first Target I used the DPCI Mind Trick to get them to pull a case of the new Battlepacks, as well as a case of the Rapid Strike vehicles. They came back with two mint cases of Wave 1 for each. So I got the 4 new BP's plus a Republic Scout Speeder mini-rig for $4.84. I also got a $5 gift card for spending over $80 thanks to an insert deal with their latest catalog.

I then headed over to TRU which I knew had nothing new since I checked on their restock day Wednesaday, but I did return the Scout Speeder and got my $19 back that I dropped on the one they had a few weeks back.

So THEN I headed over to the Target that had started their reset yesterday, and saw different stuff. They had a Wave of Rapid Strike vehicles that were all repacks of old Deluxe sets (Jesse, AT-RT, etc) but no sign of the mini Y-wing. They also had new battlepacks out, only there was a Zillo Beast set there as well!

So I snagged the Zillo Beast set with the cash I got back from TRU plus my free gift card and bought myself lunch with the money left over. Holla!

My goal for tonight/the weekend is to track down that Capture the Droids BP as well as a super cheap mini Y-wing. And replace my dinged RC Republic Tank to boot.

Next Wednesday I would hope TRU has their 2 new TCW exclusives out and then my victory will be complete.  ;D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 29, 2011, 03:30 PM »
What is the DPCI # for the new deluxe sets?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!