Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199404 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1200 on: June 10, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Airborne would be one of the only Joes I pick up actually...  He was my favorite as a kid, mostly due to his pretty generic status as a footsoldier.  Thus, he instantly became super Joe to me and had tons of crap I pilferred from Indiana Jones and Star Wars figures because, well, their **** was cooler and smaller...

And for some reason, the smaller the accessory, the cooler it was.  Pistols were in high demand, but usually lost before the ride home was even done.

Anyway, he always wore a Sallah or Endor Han coat for his arctic/mountain missions, he always had a pet snake (Yoda's), and he always carried Snake Eyes' Uzy and a pistol from Han Solo...  He rocked.  When his thumbs or crotch broke, you got a new one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1201 on: June 10, 2008, 01:50 PM »
When his thumbs or crotch broke, you got a new one.

I live by the same rule with my women.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1202 on: June 10, 2008, 03:51 PM »
What do you guys think about a (re) release of the Cobra Hydrofoil?  I know that they released it a few years ago, but I believe it was repainted to be a Joe vehicle.  I wasn't into Joes at the time so obviously I didn't pick it up.  Not sure what TRU charged for it, but I'm sure Hasbro could crank this sucker out being the only larger vintage vehicle that still has a mold - that we know of.

The Cobra Moray?  That came out in 2005 as a GI Joe vehicle.  The GI Joe Fan Club also issued it as a GI Joe Tiger Force vehicle in 2004 and in 2005 as a Cobra Moray again with a blue deck. 

It's a pretty nice ship but I probably wouldn't buy one.  If they re-released the WHALE I'd get one though.

E...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1203 on: June 10, 2008, 03:55 PM »
What do you guys think about a (re) release of the Cobra Hydrofoil?  I know that they released it a few years ago, but I believe it was repainted to be a Joe vehicle.  I wasn't into Joes at the time so obviously I didn't pick it up.  Not sure what TRU charged for it, but I'm sure Hasbro could crank this sucker out being the only larger vintage vehicle that still has a mold - that we know of.

If it was in the deep red that the original was, I'd buy one. I have the 2005 exclusive version, and I'd buy another one easily. Of course, it's one of my all-time favorite vehicles from the RAH line. I haven't fit any new 25th style figures in it, but I don't think they'd look funny. Even if they did, I'd use it to display my vintage Joes.

IIRC, TRU wanted $40 for it. It included Night Force renditions of Flint and Beach Head, which were quite neat, honestly. The only thing I didn't like was the awful marbelized camo plastic they used. It would have been awesome in a olive drab color. Yo Joe linky.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1204 on: June 10, 2008, 06:46 PM »
Here's a question someone might be able to answer.  I was thinking that back in the late 90's, maybe early 2000's, TRU had an exclusive version of the WHALE.  I know they had one way back in 1989, but I thought there was one more recently.  Am I just missing it in the YoJoe listings or am I not remembering this correctly at all?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1205 on: June 10, 2008, 07:33 PM »
It might have been the NLC, a thing from the mid-90s Jonny Quest line stuck in the 2001 line exclusive to TRU.
This vehicle came with Cutter too.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1206 on: June 10, 2008, 08:25 PM »
The Club had an exclusive of the Hydrofoil too a few years back at the Convention, it was Blue and Black I believe.  I did not get one, but have seen them offered.

Neal, I don't recall seeing a killer whale after the Night Force Version in the late 80's.  IF IF IF they re-release that, I will be all over that.  Top 5 Vehicle for me for sure.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1207 on: June 10, 2008, 10:34 PM »
Hasbro had the WHALE in their mail-in brochure up until about 1994.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1208 on: June 10, 2008, 10:52 PM »
Thanks for the info, guys.  I think I'm mixing the W.H.A.L.E. up with something else.  The reason I was wondering about it is that I doubt that's a toy they'd make now unless they still had the tooling for it.  But, since they haven't released it in a while, I'm wondering if maybe they don't. 

After all, it was just in the last 5 years or so that they released the Mobile Command Center.  If they went that big I wonder why no update to the W.H.A.L.E. unless maybe the tooling is missing or not in usable shape.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1209 on: June 10, 2008, 10:55 PM »
The WHALE was a favorite of mine too...  Never got a new Cutter after my dog chewed his leg up.  Great vehicle.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1210 on: June 10, 2008, 11:09 PM »
Ooooh, the WHALE was the coolest!  I still have mine, although the two hydro-fan thingies in the back are busted up.  I always had a soft spot for the Polar Battle Bear (snowmobile) as well.  Must've been that cool commercial for the comic that I liked about it.

Jeff

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1211 on: June 11, 2008, 07:54 AM »
I got replacement fins for mine here:

http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=203

Originals were too hard to find and the one set I did find, broke when I put them on my Hovercraft.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1212 on: June 11, 2008, 11:22 AM »
That site is offline right now but I'll have to check it out later.  I still need a couple parts to finish off the vintage W.H.A.L.E. I picked up a couple years ago and some of the rear fan pieces are the hardest and most expensive pieces to find.

E...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1213 on: June 11, 2008, 02:08 PM »
Picked up Arctic Snake Eyes at Walmart today.  Pretty damn nifty.

Passed on the new comic packs twice now (Shipwreck vs. Copperhead wave).

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1214 on: June 11, 2008, 09:08 PM »
I got replacement fins for mine here:

http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=203

Originals were too hard to find and the one set I did find, broke when I put them on my Hovercraft.

Sweet!  Those are exactly what I need.  I will have to look into getting those at some point.

Thanks,
Jeff