Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 135739 times)

Offline Deke Starkiller

• Jedi Initiate
  • Moof Milker™
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #765 on: July 15, 2019, 11:16 AM »
This is a random question, but does anyone know what the cost/duty fees were for Jabba's Sail Barge? P&TY
"YAGAMAROO!"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #766 on: July 15, 2019, 10:49 PM »
For getting one sent overseas?  No clue...  not cheap from what I’ve heard though.  People overseas have passed on US sales because the shipping I guess made it so prohibitive (on top of what the seller wanted I assumed).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 16, 2019, 10:22 AM »
I've had mine up on eBay for months now but I don't think I'm ever going to get rid of the %$^&*( thing. I have it listed for local pick-up only though; no shipping, so I'm sure that's a big drawback. No way I am shipping that thing though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 16, 2019, 10:48 AM »
Can't say I'm shocked someone in picking up distance isn't ready to buy one. What makes it a &#$\%× thing?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Deke Starkiller

• Jedi Initiate
  • Moof Milker™
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 16, 2019, 04:36 PM »
For getting one sent overseas?  No clue...  not cheap from what I’ve heard though.  People overseas have passed on US sales because the shipping I guess made it so prohibitive (on top of what the seller wanted I assumed).

Yeah, specifically for Canada. A buddy of mine was trying to gauge how much the upcoming Haslab Unicron is going to cost to ship up north. I’ll either be buried with my Barge or my kids can have it. LOL
"YAGAMAROO!"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #770 on: July 16, 2019, 05:26 PM »
Yeah I think the local pickup is killing it.  They sell regularly still for the $1000 range... 

I wouldn’t wanna sell one on eBay either though. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 16, 2019, 10:48 PM »
Can't say I'm shocked someone in picking up distance isn't ready to buy one. What makes it a &#$\%× thing?

I’m not shocked either, but it has still grown tiresome. I’m ready to be rid of it already. i figured at some point someone within a couple hundred miles would take a run at it. 13 watchers though so we’ll see.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 22, 2021, 04:53 PM »
So my wife recently find out that her job (which was temporarily at home due to COVID stuff), is now going to be permanently at home. As such, we are in the process of redoing our office to make it a nicer workspace for her. That means removing most of my collection and setting up stuff to display in our basement.

All that to say…. and news flash here I know….this barge is a behemoth to display. I’ve been going for sort of a “less clutter” approach to display lately, so I’m in the process of deciding what stays out. This thing can really only fit in a handful of places. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy I have it and think it is a great piece, but it really is difficult for someone like me (with a modest sized home) to display.

I think the overall lack of room has encouraged me to finally unload my prequel era ships. Things like that I had always held onto because “someday I’ll have room to display all of this”. But as I’ve gotten older really I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t know if I want that much stuff out, and I’d never have the room if I did. Again, love the barge and everything, but you really do have to have a space for it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 23, 2021, 02:08 PM »
Brian, just put an addition on the house.  Problem solved!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #774 on: August 23, 2021, 02:41 PM »
For people who have been in this hobby as long as most of us have, space is a struggle we all have to deal with.

I'm curious Brian, do you consider the Razor Crest an OT vehicle since the Mandalorian takes place so close to the OT?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 23, 2021, 03:44 PM »
I think the overall lack of room has encouraged me to finally unload my prequel era ships. Things like that I had always held onto because “someday I’ll have room to display all of this”. But as I’ve gotten older really I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t know if I want that much stuff out, and I’d never have the room if I did. Again, love the barge and everything, but you really do have to have a space for it.

While I've got a lot of space devoted to my collection, its still finite, and I can sympathize with your pain.  When I've felt the crunch at different points over the years I've pruned away different parts of my collection.  For the most part I've been okay to let stuff go, but its still tough to say goodbye to stuff you sometimes worked really hard to track down.

I love the Sail Barge, so that will be sticking around long after other stuff gets the boot.  Clone Wars stuff isn't at the top of my list to keep either (there is so much of it, but some is really creative), but first I'll probably let go of Legos before I get rid of any more of my 3.75" stuff. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #776 on: August 24, 2021, 08:40 AM »
Sorry to hear about the collection move, but it's always an opportunity to try something new with you display. You might want to try mounting the barge to the wall as an option. I basically just have it sitting on a pair of metal brackets that I got on Etsy. If you can hit a stud, that'd be best, but if not you can use toggle bolts as well. Nice and sturdy, and looks good!

Wall-mounted sail barge

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 23, 2023, 12:06 PM »
I'm in the process of getting ready to move and was wondering if anyone here had disassembled this beast to pack it back in the box for moving.  I'm at the point of taking down the sails and I certainly don't want to force this thing and break it.  Not sure if the sail frame completely comes apart from how it was assembled or not.  I managed to disassemble and rebox the Razor Crest without any issues.  Just wondering if anyone had done this with the Barge to see if it is possible to rebox it entirely or if I should just pack the sail frame in a separate box.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 23, 2023, 12:26 PM »
Eeek, let me know if you figure it out.  I moved two years ago but was lucky that it was only a mile away.  So it just went in the back seat of the car.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #779 on: June 23, 2023, 09:51 PM »
How far is your move Ed?  If it's relatively close, you might just want to move it yourself.  If you're moving 2.3 the way across the country like I did last year, you might want to look at some of the videos I made about moving a collection on my YouTube channel.

Reach out if you have any questions you think I could help with.
This is the way.

I have spoken.