Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 368527 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #810 on: November 16, 2005, 09:28 AM »
Wow, great deal there.  If this is how much these busts would go for regularly, I think I could get a few.  I haven't really kept and eye on them on ebay, might have to check and see what the Han ones are going for.  I could probably talk the Mrs. into getting one if they were in the $20 to $30 range instead of $40 to $50.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 16, 2005, 09:34 AM »
Regular Han's are indeed going for fairly low prices at the moment.   :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 18, 2005, 09:14 AM »
Yeah my Sandtroopers showed up today !!
Now I have to get that dam black pauldroned one!!!!

The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 18, 2005, 10:32 AM »
You all seen the new Gentle Giant Blog?

Kind of cool in my opinion....Eric Lyga from GG posted there yesterday with a very thorough explanation regarding delayed products....choice of characters.....edition sizes and quality control issues.....a good read.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 03:45 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 18, 2005, 02:18 PM »
Nice job of the sandtroopers hemish.  Kind of makes me want to pick one of them up.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 18, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Nice job of the sandtroopers hemish.  Kind of makes me want to pick one of them up.

You can see them all, including the black pauldron, up close, if you like :P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 22, 2005, 03:46 PM »
You all seen the new Gentle Giant Blog?

Kind of cool in my opinion....Eric Lyga from GG posted there yesterday with a very thorough explanation regarding delayed products....choice of characters.....edition sizes and quality control issues.....a good read.

Definitely an interesting read.  It's nice to see them start something like this to show us all that they are listening to their fans.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 24, 2005, 11:09 AM »
I actually came across this link in the ROTS Evolutions thread, but Brian's Toys (surprisingly) has a great deal on a number of items, including Yoda for $24.99.  Can't argue with that price!

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 24, 2005, 03:20 PM »
Nicklab, can you let me know when you get your Vader.  I've ordered it through diamond but havn't seen it yet.  I just want to make sure I don't miss it.

Still waiting for my vader.  Has anyone who ordered it through diamond received theirs yet?

Not yet.  Got Yoda, the Sandys and Grievous maquette though.  Sometimes individual items can be a little slow.  I still wouldn't trade the discount I get by ordering through Diamond for getting the thing early.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 29, 2005, 12:08 PM »
Wow :o  Is Yoda ever tiny.  My bust arrived today and while I appreciate the sculpt and work that went into it, I sure would feel unhappy had I paid $50 for this little guy.   :-\  I'm not sure if they went for having him in scale, I can only presume they did, but I really can't get over how tiny he is.  He's only about twice the size of a BK Yoda :P

Still, nice piece, well worth owning and I'm happy I paid relatively little for it.   ;)

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 29, 2005, 05:23 PM »
Count me among those who were somewhat unhappy to have paid $50 for him.  I can appreciate that they tried to make him to scale, but his price should have been adjusted accordingly.  Still, he's nice from what I've seen (haven't had a chance to open him yet).

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 29, 2005, 08:32 PM »
AFX is having a sale where you can get a free Darth Vader bust if you buy $55.00 worth of their sale stuff. 

Check it out.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 08:33 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 1, 2005, 02:50 AM »
Wow :o  Is Yoda ever tiny. 

After your comment, I was hunting for a picture to put it in perspective.  I think this one from eBay does it.  I certainly didn't expect that he'd be so small.   :-\

Offline Dark Destiny

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 1, 2005, 12:39 PM »
You're comparing the smallest bust to the largest. Vader is huge. Bigger than the original Vader. That's how the costume was made so that Hayden would look larger.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 1, 2005, 02:00 PM »
You're comparing the smallest bust to the largest. Vader is huge. Bigger than the original Vader. That's how the costume was made so that Hayden would look larger.

I didn't think Vader was any larger than the others they've made.  Since they adjusted the Yoda to be in scale, why would they make Vader larger?  Doesn't make much sense to me.  I think Vader's probably just in scale, much as is Yoda. 

And the picture could have been worse.  I just received my sandtroopers and those boxes are huge even relative to Vader's, yet the busts are similar in size.