Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread  (Read 101390 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread
« Reply #270 on: February 7, 2013, 12:11 AM »
Oh my...  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 9, 2013, 11:10 AM »
Cool battle on Cato Nemoidia interrupted for Coruscant procedural. Why was Cato Nemoidia being invaded? Aren't Nemoidians separatists?

Nano-machines? One wonders why they cannot be used for medical purposes, like to restore some lava-burnt lungs or...never mind, the tech in Star Wars is random, inconsistent and/or nonsensical.

Cin Drallig cameo.

It was an okay episode.  Though it did little to explain why the Jedi are scapegoats for anti-war sentiment, when its the senate that runs the show.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #272 on: February 9, 2013, 11:48 AM »
This was a terribly written episode. The Cato Nemoidia thing - exactly. And why does Ahsoka find out the suspect's duties and specialty at the temple several scenes after she has his profile? Why does she ask Anakin who could be able to bomb the temple when she already knows (hey remember when the Separatists hired bounty hunters to infiltrate the temple? Oh, and attack the senate? Oh and knock the power in Coruscant?) Anti-war sentiment - they way this kind of story information is communicated is the worst aspect of the PT. Show, don't tell. Rule #1 in writing. If there is an anti-war movement in the Republic, then we need to see it in action. Pinning the war on the Jedi makes sense for Palpatine, as ultimately he needs them for scapegoats, but let's see it.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 9, 2013, 08:41 PM »
Nick Gillard on ep.17!
turquoise 2-1Bs  (OT design)

A chapter focused on intrigue, this is other register this series explores.
Lara and Jakar a mixed marriage, but why human could marry so ugly aliens?

When a defector clone married a Twilek it was acceptable, but human with so odd creatures?

For a while it looked like Lara was kinda of Zam Wessel metamorpho especies.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 10, 2013, 04:22 AM »
If that lady (forgot her name) purposely set up her husband and blew him up, then why did she go to the Temple afterwards and ask the Jedi for him? Makes no sense. I'm tired by some of these senseless plot details, to me they're very childish and lower the quality of Star Wars' seriousness. 

While I was mostly disappointed by this episode (which sucks too considering it's part of the finale; hell, last year's finale we got witch zombies, Asajj vs. Grievous, Maul returning), I understand it's probably the vehicle into the next episodes and is meant to set them up. Still, I don't grant it as an excuse to get lazy and allow some of these episodes to be lackluster.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 10, 2013, 07:05 AM »
The Cato Neimoidia segment served a couple of purposes.  First, to bring in the new Jedi Interceptors as well as the Tri-Droid Fighters.  IIRC, this is the first appearance in the series for both.  And then we saw the Buzz droids, ala the space battle in ROTS.  But it seemed that Anakin and Ahsoka's presence there was only meant to serve the purpose of bringing Jedi back to Coruscant who may not have been involved in the Temple bombing. 

Regarding Lara's presence at the Temple?  I think it was very clear that Lara was an anti-war protestor (or something along those lines), and she used her husband to promote the anti-war / anti-Jedi agenda.  This episode was very much about the growing distrust of the Jedi because of the prolonged nature of the Clone War.

The investigator droid was a funny nod to David Caruso on CSI Miami with the overly dramatic, halting dialogue.  Add in the visor flipdown, and Filoni & co were definitely having a bit of a laugh with this one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 10, 2013, 10:40 AM »
Ah....ok, I was wondering who the CSI Droid was a parody of...makes perfect sense now. Ha.

We've definitely seen the Droid Tri-fighters before, they were in the arc where Ventress got betrayed by Dooku. Not sure about the Jedi ships though, seemed familiar somehow.

Agree the writing was weak, their whole investigation was based on someone observed working around the crime scene, which is part of their normal duties anyway? It's not like the guy was an accountant and was just hanging around the hangars for no reason. Total alien profiling! Sure, blame the big freaky cyclops dude. Couldn't have been his improbably hot wife, right?

I don't even get why everyone thought a Jedi was responsible when there wasn't an iota of evidence to indicate this.

The Barriss Offee cameo was cute, but really for me, the coolest thing in the whole freaking episode were those armored enforcer dudes standing in the background in the Cin Drallig scene. WTF were those bad-asses?!?! They looked like some kind of heavy armored Jedi super commandos, or some kind of weird Jedi-esque Royal Guards.

They would have made for one of the coolest action figures ever in this line, IMO.  :'(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 10, 2013, 11:10 AM »
The Barriss Offee cameo was cute, but really for me, the coolest thing in the whole freaking episode were those armored enforcer dudes standing in the background in the Cin Drallig scene. WTF were those bad-asses?!?! They looked like some kind of heavy armored Jedi super commandos, or some kind of weird Jedi-esque Royal Guards.

They would have made for one of the coolest action figures ever in this line, IMO.  :'(

Indeed.  I thought they were pretty cool, too.  But with the demise of the Clone Wars animated figure line, I guess it'll never come to be.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 12, 2013, 09:51 AM »
Nice Raiders-esque nod in the opening.  As I was watching, I felt all they were doing was ripping off RotS, and then they paid it off.  Nice.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:51 AM by Qui-Gon Jim »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2013, 02:01 PM »
Preview for Episode 18 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIyHaXnG6Y (there's another preview, too)

I think I've guessed part of this story, but I cannot remember if there's spoiler tags here.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2013, 03:18 PM »
Love Tarkin's background...  It explains so much in ANH, and how he's such a high rank, even over Vader.  One of the finer points of TCW if you ask me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 16, 2013, 12:37 PM »
The Jedi Who Knew Too Much...the show that telegraphed too many plot twists.

Fox Phase 2 gets some use. Sucks his figure won't get any animated Phase 2 shock troopers to back him up. But the animated design is close to the real thing, anyway.

More stun-setting effects, so rarely used. Kill happy galaxy that it is.

Tarkin is a creep.

Ahsoka had time to tell Anakin what that prisoner told her, but instead was too busy debating making a FUGITIVE homage.

Minor usage of the Turbo Tank. Gunships that just happen to be equipped with searchlights. ROTS air speeder.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 16, 2013, 01:15 PM »
I liked this episode, I thought the chase scene was pretty epic. I have a few complaints based on some of the events that happened but I guess my questions will be answered in the coming episodes.

One thing though. Whoever Force Choked Letta to death did so without being there. I thought that was a stretch, for sure. It crosses that line into Force Powers as over-the-top. I would only find it acceptable if it was Palpatine, but I wouldn't be surprised if maybe it was him.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 16, 2013, 01:43 PM »
I think someone has mentioned this in the thread before, but it makes the most sense for Palpatine to be behind this. It fits into the order 66 angle as well as the push Anakin to the dark side plot point. I would love to see them kill off Ahsoka in this arc if this truly ends up being the end of the series.

Another possibility is the renegade Jedi was wearing clone armor and was inside the prison at the time of the attack.

I still would put my money on Palps, it makes the best story.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2013, 02:11 PM »
I liked this episode, I thought the chase scene was pretty epic. I have a few complaints based on some of the events that happened but I guess my questions will be answered in the coming episodes.

One thing though. Whoever Force Choked Letta to death did so without being there. I thought that was a stretch, for sure. It crosses that line into Force Powers as over-the-top. I would only find it acceptable if it was Palpatine, but I wouldn't be surprised if maybe it was him.

Visual contact is what's required for force choking....maybe. Vader chokes Admiral Ozzel who is in another part of the ship over his viewscreen. So the killer would have needed access to the camera monitors.