Collectibles > The Black Series 3.75"

What Would You Like to See for the 40th Anniversary?

(1/6) > >>

Brian:
Not sure if is the right board for this, so feel free to move. With the 40th anniversary of the original Star Wars coming up in May, plus Hasbro's hints that we will see something, what would you like to see?

The line in general has changed so much in the past few years it is difficult to know what to expect. Could it be mainly repacks of the 5 POA ANH figures they have done over the past few years (possibly on vintage cards)? Does the Wal-Mart grip on the SA 3 3/4" exclude re-releases of past figures (like from the VOTC ERA?

I don't necessarily expect them to do anything to huge (although if I was dreaming the long-requested Death Star would be nice), but I hope we see something that at least honors the original 12 or 21 figures. I do wish sometimes they could return to the VOTC/VTSC concept of having 12-18 "ultimate" type figures per year, on vintage cards. Many of those figures have been done nearly perfectly (Han, Chewie, Obi, Vader, etc), so I would understand repacks of those in some ways.

If you look on the 6" side, it would be neat to see the vintage packaging concept applied there too, even if it is just for a limited number of ANH figures. I'd love to see a 6" Hammerhead, Walrusman, or Jawas here, along with many others. I also think a 6" scale Landspeeder would be kind of neat (or a Millennium Falcon cockpit). Anyways, what would you like to see for the anniversary? Original Trilogy figures have been pretty rare since the new movies started (particularly in the smaller scale), so it would be nice to see at least a small return to that.

Rob:
I'd just like them to make something, anything, in the 3 3/4" scale that has never been made before. 

Nicklab:
Ideally?  The return of a Vintage Collection style line, with at least two waves that focus on A NEW HOPE.  And I would hope that such a line would touch on some long requested characters.  In the case of ANH the grey/olive uniform Death Star Trooper, and at least a couple of Cantina aliens. 

I do get the sense that it might all be wishful thinking.  But I think this is one of the last big anniversaries that Hasbro and Star Wars can celebrate with the original generation of fans.

Darby:
I would think with all the overlap between Rogue One and ANH and also between the DVD release window and the actual anniversary there would be more than enough justification for Hasbro at retail to really go a little broad in terms of offerings. I seriously doubt that, though. The unexpected AT-ST at WM gives some hope there will be X-Wings and TIE Fighters or things like that, but not sure. I think we'll get like 12 or so 6 inch figures - which I figure will be the original 12, since only 2 remain outstanding after the Tusken Raider - and some kind of 6 inch vehicle. I'm thinking the Landspeeder, but maybe if they're nuts, then an X-Wing.

For the mainline... pretty sure it will be 5 POA on vintage cards. I would like to see unmade stuff, but I honestly don't know what that is at this point. I'm literally blanking on wants from the Cantina or something, but I know there are a few. I'd personally like to see a Farmboy Luke, Obi-Wan and maybe a Tusken Raider in the 5POA range but don't need them either.

P-Siddy:
I did a list of 40 for 40 in the "Hey Hasbro" Tread.  Here's what I posted.

12-Back Commemorative Series
1. Luke Skywalker (Resurgence of the Jedi Repack)
2. Princess Leia (SA New soft goods)
3. Artoo-Detoo/R2-D2 (Repack)
4. Chewbacca (Closed mouth version kitbash)
5. See-Threepio/C-3PO (Repaint BAD Tusken Attack)
6. Darth Vader (TVC Repack)
7. Stormtrooper (Repack)
8. Obi-Wan “Ben” Kenobi (Resurgence of the Jedi Repack)
9. Han Solo [Yavin Ceremony] (New)
10. Jawa (New unmade Jawa)
11. Tusken Raider (SA kitbash)
12. Death Squad Commander (TVC repaint)
20-Back Commemorative Series
13. Greedo (Repack/not cloth vest)
14. Momaw Nadon [Hammerhead] (New}
15. Snaggletooth (Target 3-pack Repack)
16. Ponda Baba [Walrusman] (TVC Repack)
17. Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot [Red 5] (Repack)
18. R5-D4 (Repack)
19. RA-7 [Death Star Droid] (BAD Repack)
20. Lars Homestead GNK [Power Droid] (Repaint Target 3-Pack)
Tatooine
21. Owen Lars (Infinities Comic Pack Repack)
22. Beru Lars (New)
23. Senni Tonnika/Karoly D'ulin (New)
24. Brea Tonnika/Shada D'ukal (New)
25. Wuher (New)
26. Bannis Keeg (New)
27. Arliel Schous Defel (New)
28. Yerka Mig (New)
29. Tzizvvt (New)
Rebels
30. Gen. Dodonna (New)
31. Wedge Antilles [Red 2] (Repack)
32. Capt. Antilles (New)
Imperials
33. Grand Moff Tarkin (TVC repaint)
34. Death Star Gunner (Repack or more articulation)
35. Wullf Yularen (New)
36. Gen. Trech Molock (Kitbash, New Head)
37. Gen. Hurst Romodi (Kitbash, New Head)
38. Comm. Jir (Kitbash, New Head)
39. Comm. Praji (Kitbash,New Head)
40. Officer Evax (Shared Body with Yularen, New head)
Multi-packs
1. Modal Nodes (New SA, Instrument pack-ins)
2. Special Action Figure Set: Creature Set (Vintage Deco Greedo, Hammerhead and Walrus Man)

Honorable mention: Rebel Fleet Trooper (with working holster!!)  I'd probably switch out on of the Imperials for the RFT

It's a mix of new, repaints/re-release and kitbashes.  Wishful thinking, I know, but it would be nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version