Author Topic: New Indy Toys - Rumors and Speculation!  (Read 86143 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #60 on: October 7, 2007, 12:37 PM »
I wonder if we'll get nazis or Hasbro will just have the bad guys be the Cairo guys & thugees.  ::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #61 on: October 8, 2007, 02:28 PM »
It's been a while since I watched the movies and I really never paid any attention to whether most of hte German military involved was SS or otherwise.  I recall the uniforms in the Last Crusade being more reminiscent of SS style/color but the first movie was certainly much more generic.  Based on that I could say maybe we won't see Ilsa (sp.?) in her German uniform but maybe in civilian duds if they release her.  As for the German mechanic and many of the other Germans from ROTLA, I don't associate them with the SS necessarily (perhaps erroneously) so they should be able to make them. 

I expect to see the mechanic and possibly a truck driver or the like.  We'll see what happens though.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
speculation
« Reply #62 on: October 8, 2007, 02:40 PM »
The Germans in ROTLA were all supposed to represent DAK (Deutsch Afrika Korps), more or less.  Very generic and plain German military from that time in that region.  There's DAK figures out in the X-Treme Detail toy line right now at Wal-Mart and Toys R Us both actually.

The Germans from the end of TLC would be essentially the same, as they were fairly plain/generic DAK looking characters, perfect for the region and time period.

The only SS-ish looking Germans from TLC were the head honcho, Hitler (of course), and during the book-burning sequence where Indy bumps into Hitler as well.  There are parading Germans in, I believe, SS uniforms...  I think.  Ilsa's duds at the end (those hot, hot, hot pants) with the armband, while not SS or anything real even, they're just sort of Nazi-ish in style I think. 

The Germans at the castle in TLC were not necessarilly SS...  Easily could've just been regular Wermacht German military by their looks.  Nothing I noticed indicated SS Troops to me.

The only other Germans I can think of then are the U-Boat crew, which are just regular Kriegsmarine...  The pilot and crew in the ROTLA and the pilot in TLC would both be Luftwaffe... 

Toht's as Nazi as it gets, but that goes without saying.  I bet he still gets a figure though.  He's too important a character not to I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #63 on: October 8, 2007, 02:44 PM »
Toht definitely deserves a figure Jesse, I agree.  It would be cool if he came with an interchangeable hand with the burn imprint on it.

I'm mostly interested in characters from the first movie.  I'd love to see a Marcus Brody figure too.

I also would like to see the big fat drunk that Marian beats in the drinking contest.  I always thought that was a big ugly woman, but my wife insists it's got to be a man.   ???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #64 on: October 9, 2007, 12:30 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Jesse. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
speculation
« Reply #65 on: October 9, 2007, 01:03 AM »
That's what my extensive ammount of free time is for I guess.   :-[

It leaves me hopeful though for Hasbro-made German military figures...  I wonder if we'll get the actual German leaders seen in the films though.  For instance, the one in Raiders remarks clearly about not approving of the "Jewish ritual", and how the fuherer would view it, etc., etc...  Clearly a man with Nazi beliefs.  The officer in TLC was in I believe a black SS dress uniform when he left the castle with Ilsa and perhaps when he was on the zeppelin looking for the Jones crew as well.  It's been ages since I watched the film though.

Man this just pumps me up...  here's some figures I wish we'd get...

-German Staff Car w/Driver
-German BMW Bike w/Sidecar and Driver
-Arabian Horse with "Chase-Worn" Indiana
-German Truck w/Blonde Driver (Guy Indy Fist Fights for control of the truck, specifically)
-German DAK Infantry
-Col. Dietrich (German Head Honcho)
-German Flying Wing Pilot
-German Mechanic Large
-German Mechanic Small (w/hat)
-Belloq Ceremony
-Belloq Desert Explorer
-Belloq Jungle Explorer
-German U-Boat Commander (Adm. Ozzel/Sheard played him)
-Freighter Pirate Captain
-Cairo Gestapo/German Agent (white suit/fedora)
-Cairo Arab Thug (white robes, black turbin/mask)
-Cairo Swordsman
-MonkeyMan
-Sallah Cairo
-Sallah Desert Excavation Robes
-German Camera Crew
-Indiana Regular duds.
-Indiana In German Disguise
-Indiana In Arab Desert Excavation Disguise
-Indiana w/out Jacket
-Toht
-Marrion Dress
-Marrion Cairo
-Marrion Nepal

Man...  That's just a starter list too now that I think about it...  Obscure, and highly unlikely I get half of it, but man that'd be a sweet start, and just one film...  I wish this line had legs under it to get really obscure, but I think that's wishful thinking on my part and nothing more.  Bummer...  I'm still stoked about this toy line next year.  I think it may be as big to me as Star Wars since 2008's going to be a lot of EU stuff and less film items seemingly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #66 on: October 9, 2007, 08:18 AM »
I'll take one of each on JJ's list....and an army of the Soldier types.

As far as the "N" word..... The Germans in the movie are mostly garden variety Hollywood WWII Era Germans,   World Domination minded, eat their own children types.

It has been a while since I have watched the "Other Trilogy" so this may be fuzzy...

The Germans in the Castle in TLC, seem to be based loosely on the Waffen SS (if you look at their collar tabs or "litzen" you notice they do not have the typical Heer "Bars" but more square tabs with the SS Runes) I say loosely because these collar devices would not be worn until 1940 or so.

My only concern is that they give them the Correct Gear/Weapon and not what they had in the movie.  Every German had an MP40 it seemed (again, not quite correct for the Indiana Jones time period) but had the ammunition pouches for the K98 rifle, no wonder Indy always won the Germans had the wrong ammo....I also wonder if Indiana Jones in German Disquise will come with a Vietnam Era RPG7 to threaten to blow up the ark?  And I'll still buy them if they are "Film Accurate" but historically inaccurate, I am just wishing, since the other company JJ mentioned drops the ball on WW2 Germans already.  So hasbro could fill a gap.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
speculation
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2007, 11:56 AM »
Man this just pumps me up...  here's some figures I wish we'd get...

You do know we're already getting some of this stuff, right?

-Belloq Ceremony
-Cairo Swordsman
-MonkeyMan
-Sallah Desert Excavation Robes
-Indiana Regular duds.
-Indiana w/out Jacket
-Marion Cairo
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
speculation
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2007, 12:22 AM »

Indeed...  I'm just kind of giving a general wishlist, regardless of it being confirmed.  I don't know if half of what I want is what I'll see though.  I'm really most curious about this line's life expectancy.  I think it could really do well in limited capacity.  It'll never see the numbers Star Wars does in a year I think, but what I mean is that with a set # (20 maybe?) of figures a year or something, I could see it really doing well for a longer period of time.  Especially if there's parts sharing, etc. 

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
speculation
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2007, 02:08 AM »

Indeed...  I'm just kind of giving a general wishlist, regardless of it being confirmed.  I don't know if half of what I want is what I'll see though.  I'm really most curious about this line's life expectancy.  I think it could really do well in limited capacity.  It'll never see the numbers Star Wars does in a year I think, but what I mean is that with a set # (20 maybe?) of figures a year or something, I could see it really doing well for a longer period of time.  Especially if there's parts sharing, etc. 

Looks like 30 figures next year according to the Hasbro Q&A at Boba's Bounty:
1. For those of us who like to budget in advance, about how many new Star Wars figures will we be seeing in 2008? Indiana Jones?

It's too early to give totals, but in next year's "Saga" line (including Spring 30th and the follow-up line) you can expect about the same as this year, perhaps a bit fewer as we make room for Clone Wars. The Clone Wars details are being kept under wraps, but it will be a solid showing. Finally, on IJ, we are looking at close to 30 basic figures....strong support for all four IJ films over the course of the year.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Indiana Jones speculation
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2007, 09:10 AM »
I'm thinking 6 for Doom, 7 for Crusade & the rest for Crystal Skull. Then we'll see more in '09 maybe with some EU stuff.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2007, 01:22 AM »
30's not a bad total for a year...  You gotta imagine the new flick gets the most...  2/3 or slightly less?  I guess the Raiders line-up we saw is probably it for Raiders?  Or anyone think I'm off there?

TOD seems to have the least possibility to me, so maybe TLC and ROTLA get a little heavier lineup... 

I'm still just excited about this.  Next year's gonna be just that much worse financially.  Time for p/t evening work maybe.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2007, 09:39 AM »
Yeah, 30 or so for the year doesn't sound too bad.  I was hoping for a number around there or lower so it would be somewhat easy to keep up.  There are times I wouldn't mind the Star Wars numbers landing a little closer to this (or 40ish).  If that answer's Star Wars number doesn't include the CW line, its going to be an expensive year.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2007, 09:48 AM »
Yeah, 30 or so for the year doesn't sound too bad. 

If you'r not collecting other stuff, not at all, but for me, the lower the number, the more tempted I'd be to pick them all up.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 09:49 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2007, 09:56 AM »
Thirty is more than I was expecting, that's for sure (the more disturbing number is that SW will have as many again next year as this year did) :o  I'd expect more weighting to the new flick, but 2/3 seems high to me.  I'm sure the movie will do well, regardless of how good it actually is, so I can see at least half going that way, but 10 figures (1/3) would cover the main characters off pretty well, pretty fast.  Another five makes it half and that's a lot.  

As for ToD:
1. Indy
2. Thugee
3. Mola Ram
4. Short Round (or whatever the name was)
5. annoying broad (maybe a two pack with the kid?)

The first three were made in the vintage line, the last two were apparently shown in a catalogue but never released.  Those obviously make the most sense and any other figures are going to be very secondary characters, so I can't see many of those made.  

ROTLA
6. -Belloq Ceremony
7. -Cairo Swordsman
8. -MonkeyMan
9. -Sallah Desert Excavation Robes
10. -Indiana Regular duds.
11. -Indiana w/out Jacket
12. -Marion Cairo

TLC
13. Ilsa
14. Senior Jones
15. Marcus (sp?)

That would leave half the number for next year's movie.  Three waves of 5 figures?  Who knows.