Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 354169 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #540 on: October 26, 2006, 10:57 AM »
  I'll reclaim them down the road, but I'm not complete, especially after sending my Falcon to MikeyD. 

And I thank you for that.

The boy's not quite old enough to play with these yet, so all of mine are still carded and hanging on the wall.  Eventually I'll (or he'll) be able to open them.

Still need to track down the Luke and Han stormie set, but I'm all caught up for what I need after I managed to grab the original X-wing set for cheap money off of someone at 'Scum (minus the newest wave, obviously).

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 26, 2006, 11:30 AM »
You and the boy are most welcome.  No doubt it's in a place where it will be be appreciated and utilized to a much, much greater extent.  When I sent it I fully expected to walk into TRU and pick one up, but they were all gone.  Weird.  But it's not like the house doesn't have a Millenium Falcon of some sort in it, so it's not that bad.

Jeff,
Thanks for the pictures, I can justify buying both of those sets based on that information.  I think the only set I'll forgo is the Chewie/C-3PO set. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 5, 2006, 02:22 PM »
My daughter and I just spent the last 2 hours ripping into all of my (previously) carded Galactic Heroes.

(click pic for bigger version)

Padme and Leia are missing because she's still playing with them.  ;)  As well, the 2 Vaders (and the Holo Emperor and Obi-Wan that were packaged with them are missing too since I'm keeping them carded - gotta hit eBay to find loose ones).

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 5, 2006, 07:18 PM »
Nice Pic ;D

My 6 year old daughter played with our box of loose GH, and watched return of the jedi twice this weekend, because she likes that Jabba guy. I just hope she isn't attracted to Hot Wheel collecting scalpers when she gets older  ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 5, 2006, 08:05 PM »
Nice Pic ;D

My 6 year old daughter played with our box of loose GH, and watched return of the jedi twice this weekend, because she likes that Jabba guy. I just hope she isn't attracted to Hot Wheel collecting scalpers when she gets older  ;)

:D

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 8, 2006, 02:08 PM »
The Galactic Heroes are starting to become more fun to collect than their 3.75" counterparts because of the new tooling and OT subject matter. 

I sure hope I can find that new Geonosis Arena ten pack (they're out now) - I need a lot of the figures that are in there.

The other sets I can pass on.  There are not enough new figures in them to warrant a purchase.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 8, 2006, 02:14 PM »
Y'see, my ever cranky self sees the same issue with GH as I do with the regular figures.  A boxed set of GH is like buying a tin from Hasbro.  I have to buy 3 or more figures I don't need to get something I do. 

I think they're neat, cute and eminently collectible.  I just hate how they're handled.  As with everything Hasbro these days the best approach is to just sit back and wait and see what happens.  They're bound to be re-released in one form or another down the road or after the heat wears off, they'll be cheap to find. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #547 on: November 8, 2006, 02:19 PM »
I'm definitely going to buy the 10-packs when I see them.

The duplicate figures aren't much of an issue for me I guess because I have those "duplicate" boys who will end up with them when they are old enough.  Now, the boys can each have their own Han/Luke/Vader/whoever thanks to the duplicates in the packs and they can fight over share the others.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 8, 2006, 02:36 PM »
That's a huge advantage and a nice one to have.  I'd probably be ok with the notion of just giving the extras to my daughter, if she didn't already own all of them already.  It's a bit of a battle between the GH stuff and the Polly Pockets you know.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 8, 2006, 02:51 PM »
The ten packs are good for those of us that got into them late as well, and missed out on the first few waves...I wouldn't have a Darth Maul right now if they hadn't re-released em. If i can find em up here, i'm gonna get at least one of each...it would be nice if they did army builder packs of clones and stormtroopers too (sorry, residual 4 inch figure influence LOL) I wonder if they have more vehicles in the pipeline as well (either Vader's TIE, or a Shuttle would be sweet...tho as cool as an AT-AT would be, it'd be a bit much since they re did them this year) And how awesome would a GH "Hunt for Grievous" 10 pk be? (the ARCs, Ki Adi Mundi, Shaak Ti, Aayla, Grievous and K'Kruhk? It'd give them a chance to do more figures that haven't been done in that scale, or at all (K'Kruhk for example)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 11, 2006, 08:27 AM »
If these (the 10 packs) are $25.00 or so, that isn't a bad deal. I might think about "splitting" some sets and giving loose extras as stocking stuffers. Then I get some of the 1-per box ones and still make use of the rest.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 08:28 AM by Bob Dylan SW fan »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #551 on: November 17, 2006, 01:41 PM »
I picked up the 10-packs today at Target. 

I didn't notice at first, but they were on sale.  The shelf tag said $19.99, but they rang up at only $18.99 plus tax.  Repacks and repaints aside, $20 and change for 10 little figures is a pretty good deal. 

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #552 on: November 20, 2006, 08:26 AM »
I'll have to stop in and look at my Target !

I love the idea of these. They are perfect the way they are. I am thinking my son will leave the to display in the box as he has most of them already.

I just want to see them for myself.

WIth the Marvel hero versions on the way as well, his shelves will be getting as filled as mine !  ;D

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 21, 2006, 12:53 PM »
Hey ! 2 notes of interest (maybe)
  Hasbrotoyshop.com has the newer wave of 2-pacs up (under new items) with the snowtropper for 4.99 again. Free ship on 50.00 purchase.
  Big bad toy store has wave 2 of the Marvel Galatic Heroes up for pre-order with pix.
  Hope this post is ok here.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #554 on: November 21, 2006, 02:48 PM »
Hasbrotoyshop.com has the newer wave of 2-pacs up (under new items) with the snowtropper for 4.99 again.

Thanks for the heads up.  At just $5 per 2-pack, these are just as cheap as retail even with the shipping!   :)